ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change location for ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbfill
Newly Registered

Can I change location for ceremony

Post by mbfill » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm

I have received my approval letter today and it says I need to contact the registry office for the ceremony. Am I allowed to change it to another town?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I change location for ceremony

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 pm

To change It, you have to request from HO and the council where you are schedule to do the ceremony and who will have your certificate, has to send it back to HO and then HO takes how ever long they take to send the certificate to the new council. This process can take a few weeks.

Why do you want to change It?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mbfill
Newly Registered

Re: Can I change location for ceremony

Post by mbfill » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 pm

CR001 wrote:To change It, you have to request from HO and the council where you are schedule to do the ceremony and who will have your certificate, has to send it back to HO and then HO takes how ever long they take to send the certificate to the new council. This process can take a few weeks.

Why do you want to change It?
I found out that in my town, I can have a private ceremony as soon as it is possible. With the one on the letter, I'd have to wait when it becomes available. I have a holiday booked in September and I'm scared that the passport may not come on time.

But thanks for your reply. I might just stick to the one in the letter. sounds like a really long wait again.