ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biosho
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by biosho » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:33 am

I need urgent advice on what to do. My husband had his biometric on 2nd May 2017 we paid for priority and the 7th of July we received the hold email. I informed my mp who send them email as I meet the financial requirement. We have no children, have only read of one person who got their visa following the hold email on this forum This was the email send to my husband

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. The applications affected are those failing to meet the minimum income requirement for a spouse/partner visa and Appendix FM applications falling for refusal which involve a child.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place. If you submitted a passport with your application, this will be returned to you under separate cover through the Visa Application Centre where you applied.

As soon as we are able to conclude your application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:50 am

biosho wrote:I need urgent advice on what to do. My husband had his biometric on 2nd May 2017 we paid for priority and the 7th of July we received the hold email. I informed my mp who send them email as I meet the financial requirement. We have no children, have only read of one person who got their visa following the hold email on this forum This was the email send to my husband

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. The applications affected are those failing to meet the minimum income requirement for a spouse/partner visa and Appendix FM applications falling for refusal which involve a child.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place. If you submitted a passport with your application, this will be returned to you under separate cover through the Visa Application Centre where you applied.

As soon as we are able to conclude your application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
Don't understand why are we still getting "on hold " emails regarding Supreme Court verdict(financial requirements) when that is done and dusted in February itself ?!?! On what basis they are holding applications when they do not come under that category ?!?!?

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 am

Sunni0 wrote: Hi, MrClientServer and Raj86,
I have been waiting since mid November 2016.
Hi Sunni - Ohhh no. Thats terrific news. I though Raj & me are the only seniors in this forum.
Really sorry to hear that. 2 days back i was talking to my friends friend and he told the max HO can hold passport is 12 months.
Have you approached your Local MP?
Have you approached your solicitor ?
From where you have applied ?
Did u applied under Salaried or self employed?
Do you think any complicate issue in your application and might be slwoing UKVI?

Sorry to ask many questions becoz i am planing to meet my solicitor and also human rights . so might be useful if i can get some of your basic details.

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:07 am

Geet1328 wrote:
biosho wrote:I need urgent advice on what to do. My husband had his biometric on 2nd May 2017 we paid for priority and the 7th of July we received the hold email. I informed my mp who send them email as I meet the financial requirement. We have no children, have only read of one person who got their visa following the hold email on this forum This was the email send to my husband

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
Don't understand why are we still getting "on hold " emails regarding Supreme Court verdict(financial requirements) when that is done and dusted in February itself ?!?! On what basis they are holding applications when they do not come under that category ?!?!?
Anyone know how to take this hold off I just want decision to be make. I can't wait till 6 months or more to get a decision

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 am

randyjan wrote:It's had now been 211 days since my application after numerous calls and emails still no decision
Hi Randyjan,
Looks like you also waiting since long time.
May I know exactly when you have applied?
Do you think any complicate issue in your application and might be slowing UKVI?

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Meli are you applying through Salary or a Self employment?
How much is the amount ?
Maybe its too close?
Hi Lewis
i am disabled and salary does not apply

Y123m
United Kingdom

Post by Y123m » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:46 pm

The reason applicants are receiving the supreme court email is because the government has not responded to the the supreme court ruling made in February. The government were told that the £18,600 income requirement was lawful but they recommended making it easier. For example 3rd party support. The court also instructed the government to make changes to rules when children were involved.

The response from the government was delayed due to the election in June and the announcement should be made soon. Until the announcement many applications have been put on hold.

Anyone who wants to follow the case can follow the hashtag #MMcase on twitter. The twitter accounts @BritCits and @JMWilsonUK post regular updates regarding this case.

What i don't understand is why everyone is getting the email when they meet the income requirement and they dont have children.

Just to let you know i will be applying for a fiance visa later this year.

Hope this helps.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Y123m wrote:The reason applicants are receiving the supreme court email is because the government has not responded to the the supreme court ruling made in February. The government were told that the £18,600 income requirement was lawful but they recommended making it easier. For example 3rd party support. The court also instructed the government to make changes to rules when children were involved.

The response from the government was delayed due to the election in June and the announcement should be made soon. Until the announcement many applications have been put on hold.

Anyone who wants to follow the case can follow the hashtag #MMcase on twitter. The twitter accounts @BritCits and @JMWilsonUK post regular updates regarding this case.

What i don't understand is why everyone is getting the email when they meet the income requirement and they dont have children.

Hope this helps.
Hi !
Thank you for the information... exactly my point... why people who do not fall in this category are also getting case on hold emails ?!?! It means the HO is not doing thr work properly and just randomly emailing people ....

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Y123m wrote:The reason applicants are receiving the supreme court email is because the government has not responded to the the supreme court ruling made in February. The government were told that the £18,600 income requirement was lawful but they recommended making it easier. For example 3rd party support. The court also instructed the government to make changes to rules when children were involved.

Hope this helps.
Exactly my point I meet the financial requirement and send all the documents. All they need to do is check with hrmc if they are in doubt not putting hold on applications is really unfair and they are getting away with it. All this is affecting our lives and marriages, how long will it take the government to reply I think we need to hold a meeting with theresa may

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi pixel/all,

Thank god im glad to say my wife's application has been decided!!!!

I read simons update on the Russian thread just now and checked my wife's visa application status and it says decided!! I checked yesterday and said reference number not recognised. The decision was made on 13 July. My wife hasn't had an email or anything yet but the website says she'll be contacted in 10 days. All in all it's taken 94 working days to be decided. Biometrics were on 27 February.

Just thought I'd let you guys know and provide some relief to you all!!

Thanks for everyone's help and support

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 pm

maibm wrote:Hi pixel/all,

I read simons update on the Russian thread just now and checked my wife's visa application status and it says decided!! I checked yesterday and said reference number not recognised. The decision was made on 13 July. My wife hasn't had an email or anything yet but the website says she'll be contacted in 10 days. All in all it's taken 94 working days to be decided. Biometrics were on 27 February.

What the application on hold

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:49 pm

That's fantastic news! Glad my update inspired you to check again and you got a result. They really must be working on Saturdays. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Let's hope everybody now starts to see progress.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm

SimonS wrote:

That's fantastic news! Glad my update inspired you to check again and you got a result. They really must be working on Saturdays. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Let's hope everybody now starts to see progress.

Thank you and many congrats to you and your wife too Simon, thanks for providing the inspiration!

Just spoke to my wife in Lahore where's it's 4am and she's elated. I suspect she'll get the email within the next few days to say a decision has been made and she can collect her passport. Hopefully all will be good with the decision too.

After we applied, we never received an on hold or case not straightforward email at any point.

Also, when I just checked the status on the web portal I had to type the full GWF reference so GWFxxxxxxxxx. The ihs number or vaf numbers did not work.

Really hope things work out for everyone who are hanging.

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 am

Two people received decision following the hold email, I hope the luck spread out to the rest of us waiting. Is getting difficult day by day :(

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:52 am

Hi, Has this tracking service worked for you guys if so which numbers are you using ?

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:05 am

MrClientServer wrote:
Sunni0 wrote: Hi, MrClientServer and Raj86,
I have been waiting since mid November 2016.
Hi Sunni - Ohhh no. Thats terrific news. I though Raj & me are the only seniors in this forum.
Really sorry to hear that. 2 days back i was talking to my friends friend and he told the max HO can hold passport is 12 months.
Have you approached your Local MP?
Have you approached your solicitor ?
Do you think any complicate issue in your application and might be slwoing UKVI?

Sorry to ask many questions becoz i am planing to meet my solicitor and also human rights . so might be useful if i can get some of your basic details.

Hi, MrClientServer

I have approached the MP and they are getting the same on-hold response, same with the solicitors. My documents are in Delhi, it is salaried employment and shouldn't be complicated in any way.

My next step is to take them to court to try and get some answers as mine has gone on more then their service standards. I urge everyone to at least get your MP involved to make a strong letter to them demanding answers or to give a decision.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 am

HI MAIBM CONGRATULATIONS

Can you please confirm if your received the email of On Hold Due to Supreme court Ruling and Financial Requirement issue ?

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:54 am

levisworkedupon wrote:

HI MAIBM CONGRATULATIONS

Can you please confirm if your received the email of On Hold Due to Supreme court Ruling and Financial Requirement issue ?

Hi and thank you!

I can confirm we did NOT receive a case on hold or case not straightforward email

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:01 am

Hi guys. My partners application is at around 50 w/d -
On hold email received. Interestingly, I complained that they aren't meeting priority service standards, and they refunded me the £550 priority fee!

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:13 am

Misskatie wrote:Hi guys. My partners application is at around 50 w/d -
On hold email received. Interestingly, I complained that they aren't meeting priority service standards, and they refunded me the £550 priority fee!
Hi Misskatie , could you please tell the process of that ? Cause i also paid priority fees and its been 5 months & 1 week and still waiting, i received on hold email on 8th March and bio metrics were 8 Feb.

And what do you mean by w/d ?

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:21 am

levisworkedupon wrote:
Misskatie wrote:Hi guys. My partners application is at around 50 w/d -
Hi Misskatie , could you please tell the process of that ? Cause i also paid priority fees and its been 5 months & 1 week and still waiting, i received on hold email on 8th March and bio metrics were 8 Feb.

And what do you mean by w/d ?
W/d = working days. Biometrics submitted may 5th and on hold email received 18th may. I emailed HO via the complaints section saying they shouldn't be taking priority money from people if they can't meet the service standards - basically saying they are taking money under false pretences. It took them a month to reply to me, and around 2 days after they replied saying they'd look into giving me the fee back, it was back in my bank. Don't know if this will affect my partners application in any way, but the way I see it is that his application is already at 10 weeks now, so priority service levels have been passed. I have my MP looking into it anyway, and she advised me it has been passed back to the case handler to have the income checked again

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:29 am

Perfect , while i have been trying if possible to get my passport back while application still remains into their system pr otherwise withdraw!

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am

Congrats maibm!

Hopefully it's a positive response for you and your spouse and quite happy that you guys received a response. Do post a detailed timeline for the rest of us folks here still waiting. And also, remember us in your duas! :)

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello guys
First congz to those who's getting there visa :)
I bet it feelings amazing ;)
No news from me....
I have contacted the mp again to tell that homeoffice
Has put our visa application in the wrong category
So just waiting for his reply...:

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:

Congrats maibm!

Hopefully it's a positive response for you and your spouse and quite happy that you guys received a response. Do post a detailed timeline for the rest of us folks here still waiting. And also, remember us in your duas! :)
Hi pixel,

Of course, will post the timeline once I know the visa dates (In shaa Allah we're not expecting anything other than an approval). My own estimates are that if approved on 13 July it'll start from 20/21 August from reading other people's visa details.