ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application receipt email from British Deputy High Comm

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dobby90
Newly Registered

Visa application receipt email from British Deputy High Comm

Post by dobby90 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 am

My cousin submitted her Tier 4 student visa application at Chennai, India a week ago (07-Jul-2017). She has not received any email from the British Deputy High Commission, Chennai that her application has been received there from the VFS centre.

I received one when I submitted my visa application in 2015.

Does everyone who submit now get an email?

Back when I submitted mine I had to submit all my papers and wait but recently they have introduced scanning the documents in chennai,so only your passport is retained. You are able to take home all other documents back with you at the end of the appointment.

Should we contact someone regarding this or wait for the hammer to fall?

gab1234
Newly Registered

Re: Visa application receipt email from British Deputy High

Post by gab1234 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 am

I think it honestly just depends on the processing times. I got an email confirming their IT team had processed my application and it's in queue waiting for an ECO a day after I left the visa application center. But I'm from Rio - Brazil and our applications are 66% done in 5 days and 100% done in 10 days. So, I don't know where you live but I'd say just wait for your processing time!