ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application refused due to not providing proof of residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pombi10
Newly Registered

application refused due to not providing proof of residence

Post by pombi10 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Urgent response required

Application refused because i did not send proof of residence for the last 5 years although I had sent my Residence permit document which I have always used all the time without any problems. The HO office did not consider the RP document sent which I also used when I sat for my Life in the UK test without a problem. I did not send additional information on the basis that the residence permit document was sufficient evidence as proof of my residence within 5 years.I have all the information to prove my residence but my question is on what ground should I launch request for reconsideration. Has any one encountered the same predicament

Please help urgently as I need to submit reconsideration request asap.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: application refused due to not providing proof of reside

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 pm

A residence permit is not proof of continuous residence in the UK. A passport can be, depending on what your settled status is. We need more information, namely,

1) Do you have permanent residence or indefinite leave to remain?
2) Exactly which documents did you send in with your application?

pombi10
Newly Registered

Post by pombi10 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm

I did send my Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK - Settlement - hence the reason I did not send any other documentation

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:57 pm

If you have ILR, then your passport will show the dates that you were and were not in the UK. The biometric residence permit is not sufficient as evidence of residence by itself. Did you really not send your passport?
Form AN, page 29 wrote:SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants
  • Your passports Or
  • Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:12 pm

pombi10 wrote:I did send my Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK - Settlement - hence the reason I did not send any other documentation
Really would have thought that if it was just the missing passport they would request for further proof before an outright refusal.....

Out of interest, when did you submit your application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm

pombi10 wrote:I did send my Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK - Settlement - hence the reason I did not send any other documentation
The discussion is confusing:
- Are you EEA or non-EEA?
- If EEA, did you submit your Permanent Residence Card (original post says "Residence Permit" which clearly is not the correct document
- If non-EEA, you have ILR and you submitted your "Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK - Settlement"?

Whatever card you submitted this is not enough. You must submit the documents proving residency and everything else required by the AN application, and do not rely on previous applications. Certainly EEA PR (EEA regulations) is something different from Nationality (UK Law). UKVI tend to play hardball and do not hunt round the HO for documents you have submitted in the past.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pombi10
Newly Registered

Post by pombi10 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:24 am

Non EU-
The ILR is not stamped in my expired passort so I did send the my ILR which I used when I sat for Life in the UK so I presumed this was enough. They did request proof residence and I thought that the ILR was sufficient and was gutted when they refused. I also did send my academic certificate which I attained in the UK during the 5 period requested. I applied in February 2017. During the period of my application I requested my documents back as I wanted to use them and were returned. They requested proof residence when they started processing my application in June. So I thought since I had requested the documents back ILR was sufficient enough to re-send it back hence I did re-send it then it was refused. My presumption was that they would want to see my ILR again since they had returned when I requested the documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 am

This is why applying through NCS is so valuable.

They would have picked up that you need to send ALL passports to prove your residency.

Not sure paying the biggish fee for a reconsideration will be beneficial when you did not provide what was required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.