ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension after 2.5 Years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Spouse Visa Extension after 2.5 Years

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi there,
I am British citizen and my wife got entry clearance for spouse visa from Pakistan for 2.5 years. Her visa will expire in this November 2017.She got entry clearance in March 2015.

I have following queries if someone can help me out please.

1. Please let me know the full list of documents required
2. how many cohabitation documents are required? Should those documents to be on joint names(Husband and wife) or they could be on each name but at same address?
3. Do I still need to include wedding pictures which were supplied during entry clearance visa from abroad?
4. What is the official name of the visa extension form(though we don't use paper form anymore) Is it called FLR(M) OR FLR(O) or any other?
5. If she books the window appointment for visa extension, Can we take our young kids with us at appointment place?

any extra info will be appreciated
Many thanks in anticipation
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension after 2.5 Years

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:25 pm

1. Please let me know the full list of documents required

Please read through the FLR(M) form. Also note that she needs English A2 from an approved HO SELT test provider. A1 won't qualify anymore. Standard proof of financial requirement too (payslips/bank statements/employer letter etc).
2. how many cohabitation documents are required? Should those documents to be on joint names(Husband and wife) or they could be on each name but at same address?
Read the form, page 62/63 or there about.
3. Do I still need to include wedding pictures which were supplied during entry clearance visa from abroad?
No
4. What is the official name of the visa extension form(though we don't use paper form anymore) Is it called FLR(M) OR FLR(O) or any other?
FLR(M) and there is a paper form and an online form. Your choice which one you choose to use.
5. If she books the window appointment for visa extension, Can we take our young kids with us at appointment place?

Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you very much CR001 for spending time to help me out and replying my post in detail.

Yes my wife has passed A2 English test from Trinity college London and it would be valid at extension time.

My wife gets bank statement every moth and she gets a phone bill also by post. We have water bill and council tax on joint names. I have read the info given on the application form but bit not clear yet.

if she wants to submit her phone bill and bank statement for example (which are on her names only), how many should she submit as she got about 28 statements and 28 phone bills over the period of 30 months

Moreover, what other document can be accepted as cohabitation proof apart from the utility bills, statements or NHS or GP surgery letters.?

Thanks once again
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Tenancy agreement, mortgage statement, HMRC letters, DVLA etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 pm

ilrupdates wrote:My wife gets bank statement every moth and she gets a phone bill also by post. We have water bill and council tax on joint names. I have read the info given on the application form but bit not clear yet.

if she wants to submit her phone bill and bank statement for example (which are on her names only), how many should she submit as she got about 28 statements and 28 phone bills over the period of 30 months
Ok Thanks and how many from above documents please? If we submit 4 utility bills and/or four bank statements per year, will that be Okay. Thanks

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi there,
According to the guidelines given in application form, it says that at least 6 documents(if they are on joint names) are required from the different sources to prove cohabitation.

Now if I take a mortgage statement (having joint name on it) as one document out of six. How many these mortgages statements need to be submitted with extension application? As I get one statement every month so got about 30 in number. Do I need to submit all these 30 months statements as a one document. In other words, Do I need to submit all the statements or utility bills which I have got every month from one source and go on like this with the document from second source and third .... upto 6th source.

Please advise. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 pm

At lease one for every 3 or 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks again,
I have complied the cohabitation documents for the one year at the moment for my spouse and will compile others for the rest of period soon. Please have a look on these and let me know if needs amendments?

1. May 2015 Tenancy agreement Source one
2. July 2015 Halifax Bank Statement source two
3. September 2015 Water Bill source three
4. November 2015 NHS Letter source four
5. Jan 2016 NHS letter (Source five but its same as used in source No four)
6. April 2016 Three mobile bill Source six
7. May 2016 Tenancy agreement (same source as one used in No one above)

These are 7 documents spread over one year period (I know the documents are required for two years period but I have shown here only for one year which I have compiled so far and for an example)
Two different banks (like Halifax and Barclays) statements will be considered as two different sources or one source?

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:30 pm

One more question, if someone could help me out please?

My wife is planning to book a window appointment for her flr(M) Visa extension after 2.5 years.
Can I being her husband represent my wife visa case to the immigration officer whilst she definitely will be sitting with me in front of visa officer? OR its the only option that my wife has to communicate/represent her case herself to the officer?
The only reason why I want to speak on her behalf is, that she is a bit shy to talk all about visa things. another thing is that I NOT a qualified immigration adviser.
Please advise thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:51 pm

You are required to attend with her but she is the applicant.

It is NOT an interview!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lyndanica
Newly Registered

Post by lyndanica » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:40 pm

If you are booking a 'window' appointment i.e. Premium Service, please make sure that you have all the required documents.

It's a very expensive process and you would be wasting your money if they came back with further requests or rejected your form because you did not have the right documents.

If your marriage certificate is not in English or Welsh it must be translated and you must supply the details of the translator. It's best to get it translated and notarised just to be on the safe side.

Make sure that your supporting evidence is an original copy and not photocopies.

And also, don't forget to sign various elements of the form such as the consent forms.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:21 am

Dear lyndanica,
she has a marriage certificate in URDU language and its translation in English from a professor of a college from abroad and she had submitted this translated marriage certificate along with the original (the one in Urdu language). This was accepted at her entry clearance time and no objection. Should she use the same translated (translated from abroad) marriage certificate at her visa extension or you recommend a new translation from within the UK? Thanks

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 am

Why did not you get an English copy from the Union council. You can easily get that in Pakistan. You marriage should be registered in NADRA.

Nikkah Nama / Manual marriage certificate

Married couple initially gets manual nikkah nama from the same nikkah khawan (molvi) who solemnized the nikkah with official stamp and signature of registered nikkah khawan.

Nikkah nama is very important and mandatory document because it contains all important information and signatures of bride, bridegroom and witnesses etc.

NADRA marriage certificate

NADRA marriage certificate is fully computerized document which contains both Urdu and English contents of married people. Similar to NADRA birth certificate NADRA has also developed a special system to issue NADRA marriage certificates.

NADRA is not directly issuing these NADRA marriage certificate.

Pakistan NADRA marriage certificate can be issued from following authorities in Pakistan depending upon the address and area where you live:

Union Council
TMA Office
Cantonment Board Office
Arbitration Council in Islamabad
Requirements to obtain NADRA marriage certificate:

Copy of nikkah nama / manual marriage certificate
Copy of CNIC from bride
Copy of CNIC from bridegroom
Copy of father’s CNIC from bride & bridegroom
Copy of CNIC from nikkah khawan (molvi)
Copies of passport in case anyone from bride or bridegroom is foreigner
ZR

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you very much zzzindagi
for the detailed answer. we had that NADRA marriage certificate from our local union council. I got it from your answer that NADRA Computerised marriage certificate is enough along with urdu manual nikah nama? so inspite of having that NADRA Computerised marriage certificate, do we still need to get Nikah naama translated ? sorry for asking again.

thanks

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:12 am

NADRA Computerised marriage certificate is enough.
ZR