ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrgs1
Member of Standing

NCS question

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 am

Hi went for NCS Gloucestershire 5/7/17 early morning, went well was assured by official application sent same day day by special delivery, phoned today for tracking number and item wasn't posted til 11/7/17. Have they failed in their service to me or is it just tough? I would of thought they failed in their duty but maybe I'm wrong.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: NCS question

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 am

Just had a phone call from NCS. They say never sent the same day but in batches which can take a week to send, that's the first time I've heard that! Even though the officer said same day.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:25 am

They are sent in batches. Does it make a difference at all? No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 am

Vast majority on the timeline get next day. I was assuming that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:36 am

Most send in batches but it does vary from NCS to NCS.
Your date of application is the date of your NCS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:58 pm

mrgs1 wrote:Have they failed in their service to me or is it just tough?
Their service is to check that you have completed the forms properly and submit the application for you with all the required supporting documents. If they did this, then they did not fail in their service to you. I am surprised that they assured you that it would be sent the same day (did you maybe assume that it would be the same day as it is special delivery?).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:25 pm

100% sure "I will certify the documents and it will be sent by special delivery to the home office today, they will receive your application tomorrow". They apologized for the incorrect information today.

se18_billy
Newly Registered

Post by se18_billy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:57 am

I did mine with London Borough of Merton, and I was told it'd be sent same day special delivery and arrive by 1pm the next working day, and it did. I don't think your assumption was necessarily incorrect, but as mentioned above it can differ depending on which NCS you use.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:43 am

mulderpf wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:Have they failed in their service to me or is it just tough?
Their service is to check that you have completed the forms properly and submit the application for you with all the required supporting documents. If they did this, then they did not fail in their service to you. I am surprised that they assured you that it would be sent the same day (did you maybe assume that it would be the same day as it is special delivery?).
There is a disclaimer at the bottom to say if you've not sent the correct documents you can still be refused. So in a way the only benefit is you get to keep original documents and no passport interview.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:52 am

CR001 wrote:They are sent in batches. Does it make a difference at all? No.
If judging by July timeline we would of probably had acknowledgement email by now and even biometrics request, now we have to wait. £90 for 15 minutes to check your documents nothing needing amending, didn't even certify the documents in our presence " I'll do those later" I was expecting a more thorough appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am

mrgs1 wrote:There is a disclaimer at the bottom to say if you've not sent the correct documents you can still be refused. So in a way the only benefit is you get to keep original documents and no passport interview.
There are members/applicants who refused to submit certain things (some think the requirements are not relevant to them) and tell NCS to just go ahead and submit the application anyway, hence the disclaimer. NCS is only a 3rd party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:There is a disclaimer at the bottom to say if you've not sent the correct documents you can still be refused. So in a way the only benefit is you get to keep original documents and no passport interview.
There are members/applicants who refused to submit certain things (some think the requirements are not relevant to them) and tell NCS to just go ahead and submit the application anyway, hence the disclaimer. NCS is only a 3rd party agent.
That would be foolish to hold anything back.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Agree, as this usually results in a refusal and loss of fee. Arrogance can be a terrible thing :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Agree, as this usually results in a refusal and loss of fee. Arrogance can be a terrible thing :wink:
You sometimes see this attitude crop up on this board as well. Some people would rather hear that they're right about everything and that they don't need to do any extra work to ensure their application is complete than actually have a complete application.