ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to Naturalisation (Tier-1 General, 5 year)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samsriv
Newly Registered

ILR to Naturalisation (Tier-1 General, 5 year)

Post by Samsriv » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Dear team, I am due to apply for my and family (2 adult and 2 children) 'Naturalisation' mid August following completion of 1 year of ILR on my Tier-1 General under 5 year category.
Request clarification on below queries please -

1. I got redundant from my job and on Jobseeker Allowance since 13 May, 2017.
Query 1: Would this have an impact on my application?
Query 2: Would it be mandatory to indicate that I am on JSA and share details of my Jobcentre Plus booklet which gets signed every 2 weeks, in support of my application?

2. Section 1.45 of Form AN (Details of Employment). (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _02-17.pdf)
Query: Should I mention in this mention (in brackets) the fact I am no more employed and still fill details of my last employment?

3. No requirement of Bank statement/ fund balance requirement.
Query: Is it advisable to submit last 3 month bank statement to satisfy that I am able to fund my/ family's expenses through my savings and not completely dependent on monthly Jobseeker allowance?

4. Child benefit availed for my 2 children.
Query: I have only availed this allowance since last month, would this have any negative impact on my application, again due to state benefit being offered?

Thanks for your attention and firm advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR to Naturalisation (Tier-1 General, 5 year)

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:13 pm

1. I got redundant from my job and on Jobseeker Allowance since 13 May, 2017.
Query 1: Would this have an impact on my application?
Query 2: Would it be mandatory to indicate that I am on JSA and share details of my Jobcentre Plus booklet which gets signed every 2 weeks, in support of my application?
1.1 No. Being employed is not mandatory for citizenship.
1.2 No. You simply state on the form that as the most recent, you are unemployed.
2. Section 1.45 of Form AN (Details of Employment). (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _02-17.pdf)
Query: Should I mention in this mention (in brackets) the fact I am no more employed and still fill details of my last employment?
Simply state 'unemployed'.
3. No requirement of Bank statement/ fund balance requirement.
Query: Is it advisable to submit last 3 month bank statement to satisfy that I am able to fund my/ family's expenses through my savings and not completely dependent on monthly Jobseeker allowance?
No, it is not required.
4. Child benefit availed for my 2 children.
Query: I have only availed this allowance since last month, would this have any negative impact on my application, again due to state benefit being offered?
No effect, you are allowed to claim benefits if you hold ILR.

You are maybe overthinking things :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Samsriv
Newly Registered

Post by Samsriv » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Dear CR001 - thanks for your response, yes I'm overthinking on 'unemployment' point as while I spoke with UKVI few weeks back, they suggested to share Jobcentreplus details (as mentioned below) along with my application which sounds irrelevant - honestly I am not sure if this is just my unique position or anyone else on this forum has been in similar situation?

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:59 pm

No, your situation is not unique. Housewives who have never worked in the UK have been successful as have others on jobseekers.

The call centre is well known for providing incorrect information anyway, so don't believe everything they tell you.

HO will do their checks and see that you are on jobseekers anyway/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Samsriv
Newly Registered

Post by Samsriv » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello, specifically on my query on Form AN (Naturalisation) page 9/ 10 regarding Employment, has anyone been in similar situation of having lost his/ her job few months before Naturalisation application and mentioned 'Unemployed' with NO other details of Name and address of employer?
Apologies for asking same question again, I am conscious this is same situation for Housewives who may be applying as Dependent, for main applicant should the last employment details be mentioned instead?

Thanks.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Samsriv wrote:Hello, specifically on my query on Form AN (Naturalisation) page 9/ 10 regarding Employment, has anyone been in similar situation of having lost his/ her job few months before Naturalisation application and mentioned 'Unemployed' with NO other details of Name and address of employer?
Apologies for asking same question again, I am conscious this is same situation for Housewives who may be applying as Dependent, for main applicant should the last employment details be mentioned instead?
You have to fill in your employment history for the last 10 years (or for your entire time in the UK, if it's less than that) in section 1.50 anyway, so your details of most recent employment will be recorded anyway.

If you are currently unemployed, then write that in the space for section 1.45 and skip 1.46-1.49, as they do not apply to you at the moment. Unless you can find anything in the guidance that says you must give details of the Jobcentre Plus that signs off on your jobseeker's allowance, I wouldn't bother, however, filling in those details probably won't count against you either. The purpose of this section is to make sure you haven't evaded the taxes you owe, not to judge your for your employment status or income. If they Home Office aren't happy with the information you send, they will most likely get in touch with you, asking for more details and supporting documents.

Samsriv
Newly Registered

Post by Samsriv » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Tea_Rocket - thanks, have you or anyone else in similar situation (Unemployment) filled details as you (& previously CR001) advise below for this section and got accepted?
In my mind this could be a big reason for HomeOffice to question my application.

Tea_Rocket wrote:
Samsriv wrote:Hello, specifically on my query on Form AN (Naturalisation) page 9/ 10 regarding Employment, has anyone been in similar situation of having lost his/ her job few months before Naturalisation application and mentioned 'Unemployed' with NO other details of Name and address of employer?
You have to fill in your employment history for the last 10 years (or for your entire time in the UK, if it's less than that) in section 1.50 anyway, so your details of most recent employment will be recorded anyway.

If you are currently unemployed, then write that in the space for section 1.45 and skip 1.46-1.49, as they do not apply to you at the moment. Unless you can find anything in the guidance that says you must give details of the Jobcentre Plus that signs off on your jobseeker's allowance, I wouldn't bother, however, filling in those details probably won't count against you either. The purpose of this section is to make sure you haven't evaded the taxes you owe, not to judge your for your employment status or income. If they Home Office aren't happy with the information you send, they will most likely get in touch with you, asking for more details and supporting documents.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:55 pm

I'm a student, so in a similar boat, though I did fill in 1.47 and 1.48 with my university's name and address details (I left 1.46 and 1.49 blank). My application has been submitted (late April), but no decision yet. All I can say at this point is that when I went to the nationality checking service to submit my application, the caseworker had no comments or corrections for that section (or any other). Are you also going to use an NCS? If so, then I would definitely not fill in Jobcentre details unless they tell you to do so.

I understand being nervous and not wanting to make any mistakes on your application, but I think there is probably more leeway for what constitutes filling it in correctly than you think there is.