ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application checking

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Legal stay

Post by JerrySteeler » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi just wanted some advise

I am currently on a 10 year Flr fp, I am 3 years in. I was looking through some old documents and realise prior to this I had done 8 years continuous legal stay as a child dependent.
Came to the uk age 8 in 2001 got extensions on my mothers (mother had done 9 years 6months stay) student extensions till 2009 but then due to the college she was studying at removed from the homeoffice list of colleges which were accepted without her knowledge her last application was rejected then were given some terrible advise by a solicitor to apply for ILR 10years but she was 6months short. Cut a long story short in 2014 after overstaying I was granted leave on the 10year round on the bias that I had spent more than half my life and under 25. I just wanted to know if that first 7 years counts for anything?, and if I will be able to get extensions once I'm over 25 on this same route.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Legal stay

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:12 pm

If you had a period of no visa, then no as this would have broken your continuous residence which is requirement for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Uk2004
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2004 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi,

It seems you have been granted leave to remain on ground
that you have spent half of your life here and you are under 25.
Of course you will able to apply for extension given that you don't break any laws. Application for extension needs to be done at least 28 days before expiry date (apply it via your solicitor).

For more information go https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility
Check Private life in the UK (10-year route)

Not sure about the 7 years thing, however I don't think Home Office has considered this towards your leave to remain application. Having said that you will able to apply for ILR after 10 years.

Cheers

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Thank you

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Online application checking

Post by JerrySteeler » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi,
When the online checking service came out my status my awaiting decision, dated 25th May. I recently checked again and it's still awaiting decision but the date has changed to 21st June.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had seen this or know what it could mean.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application checking

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 pm

It means exactly what it says, it is a 'awaiting decision'.

FLR(FP) applications can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Yeah, I understand that but was just curious of the sudden change in date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Please also understand that the online checker is currently a BETA/trial system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:14 am

Hi I'm on the 10yr route for FLR on the basis that my daughter is a british citizen and I'm her main carer...I have sent off for my inmy biometrics to be renewed since last October..although my biometrics would've be expired in the November...it has been over the 6 month period and I'm still waiting. ...ANY ADVICE AS TO WHY MY APPLICATION IS TAKING SO LONG?

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 pm

SaidyS wrote:Hi I'm on the 10yr route for FLR on the basis that my daughter is a british citizen and I'm her main carer...I have sent off for my inmy biometrics to be renewed since last October..although my biometrics would've be expired in the November...it has been over the 6 month period and I'm still waiting. ...ANY ADVICE AS TO WHY MY APPLICATION IS TAKING SO LONG?
To be honest it takes a long time, if you've already waited 6 months I'd say your gonna have to wait another 3-4 months at least based of peoples timeline I have seen on here.

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Thank you...I was just a bit concerned..my mind is at ease knowing that I'm not the only one.

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 am

HI just wanted to find out if anyone had received any updates on their FLR application?

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:59 pm

No response yet, but personally not expecting anything till about October.
How about you, I guessing you've herd nothing

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:07 pm

JerrySteeler wrote:No response yet, but personally not expecting anything till about October.
How about you, I guessing you've herd nothing
Nope NADA...really concerned!