ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI APPLICATION REFUND

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iwantmyukvirefund
Newly Registered

UKVI APPLICATION REFUND

Post by iwantmyukvirefund » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am

Hello,

Does anyone here have any information regarding UKVI refunds, I have read a few threads here regarding this and all claim to have spent quite a bit of money just for phone calls which make you wait forever and emails which cost a 5GBP. I submitted an application a few weeks ago and missed my appointment as the submission of the passport clashed with an overseas trip of mine. I have tried to request for a refund on the website but whenever I type in my explanation and I press the "Apply for Refund" button it just highlights the payment date, which doesn't even show the proper payment date it shows the current day which doesn't make any sense to me.

Is this because I did not cancel my appointment before the appointment date and request for the refund before the appointment? And because of this does this mean that I am no longer eligible for a refund and that's why the website is broken on my end now?

Please advise, thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UKVI APPLICATION REFUND

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am

So you made an appointment, didn't turn up and now want a refund?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

iwantmyukvirefund
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyukvirefund » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 am

Wanderer wrote:So you made an appointment, didn't turn up and now want a refund?
Is that their policy? If you do not attend the appointment they will not refund you?

jiawen9899
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by jiawen9899 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Hello pal, I have the exactly same issue like you, the apply for refund button dont work for me, and the payment date got higlighted... But I didnt miss my appointment. I canceled it.

May I know how you solved this issue?

priyanka3006
Newly Registered

Post by priyanka3006 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:55 pm

hey ,
please let me know also how you resolved the problem. facing similar issue. My appointment is of 15 sep but now i am trying to cancel the appointment and trying for applying refund but the apply for refund button is not working.
Thanks

jiawen9899
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by jiawen9899 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:07 am

Only use internet explorer (preferable version 10) for this Visa4UK website. I used google chrome and faced this issue, then i figured out this, and when I use internet explorer, i manage to click the "refund" button.

Glad I can help you :) I was very worried when I faced this issue...

Please tell if you get any confirmation email upon your request of refund, because I didn't receive any such email and have not get my refund back...

priyanka3006
Newly Registered

Post by priyanka3006 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:45 am

Hi,
Thanks , downloaded firefox 25 and was able to do that.
Not sure why happened this time. I was able to apply for refund in july month using the same chrome browser(version 60), which didn't work this time.

Last time when i cancelled the appointment and applied for refund, there was no mail confirmation but i got the refund after 28 working days.