ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stranger786
Newly Registered

: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by stranger786 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi to all,
My ilr set lr has been put on hold because of 22nd Feb supreme
Court judgement my mp told me that's what home office told
I applied for spouse visa but been refused mean while
I made appeal and to upper tribunal which was also refused by that time I made ilr application even though I were short of 4 months?
My question does that judgement has impact on my case?
Or I should challenger that
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: : Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:57 pm

stranger786 wrote:Hi to all,
My ilr set lr has been put on hold because of 22nd Feb supreme
Court judgement my mp told me that's what home office told
I applied for spouse visa but been refused mean while
I made appeal and to upper tribunal which was also refused by that time I made ilr application even though I were short of 4 months?
My question does that judgement has impact on my case?
Or I should challenger that
Many thanks
Please continue in your own topic in the ILR sub forum, your ILR LR case is complicated. Your ILR LR case is not relevant to this topic which is for spouse visa entry clearance applications.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... 35188.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

biosho
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by biosho » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Misskatie wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:
Misskatie wrote:Hi guys. My partners application is at around 50 w/d -
On hold email received. Interestingly, I complained that they aren't meeting priority service standards, and they refunded me the £550 priority fee!
Hi Misskatie , could you please tell the process of that ? Cause i also paid priority fees and its been 5 months & 1 week and still waiting, i received on hold email on 8th March and bio metrics were 8 Feb.

And what do you mean by w/d ?
W/d = working days. Biometrics submitted may 5th and on hold email received 18th may. I emailed HO via the complaints section saying they shouldn't be taking priority money from people if they can't meet the service standards - basically saying they are taking money under false pretences. It took them a month to reply to me, and around 2 days after they replied saying they'd look into giving me the fee back, it was back in my bank. Don't know if this will affect my partners application in any way, but the way I see it is that his application is already at 10 weeks now, so priority service levels have been passed. I have my MP looking into it anyway, and she advised me it has been passed back to the case handler to have the income checked again
What did your mp wrote to them pls share it will be helpful to the rest of us. My Mp wrote to them last week and she advice it might few weeks for them to reply. We paid for priority too and I meet the financial requirement but application on hold, apart from getting your mp involved did contact the ho too

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:14 pm

My MP phoned the HO directly. I explained to her how I meet the financial requirements through income & savings and I think the HO have potentially put the app on hold in error. She advised me the HO have asked for the app to go back to the decision maker for re consideration - still waiting to hear back on that. Yes I also used the pay for email service, I've been regularly bugging them sending them an email around once a week. Someone there advised me it was escalated on June 30th, and my most recent reply off them was that my partner should hear something soon. Not confident on that though, but if i do get any updates I'll make sure to post here

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Misskatie wrote:My MP phoned the HO directly. I explained to her how I meet the financial requirements through income & savings and I think the HO have potentially put the app on hold in error. She advised me the HO have asked for the app to go back to the decision maker for re consideration - still waiting to hear back on that. Yes I also used the pay for email service, I've been regularly bugging them sending them an email around once a week. Someone there advised me it was escalated on June 30th, and my most recent reply off them was that my partner should hear something soon. Not confident on that though, but if i do get any updates I'll make sure to post here
I emailed them last week about the hold and I got a message back that they can't do an thing as they are still within their processing time. My husband biometric was 2nd May, I will email them again

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 pm

biosho wrote:
Misskatie wrote:My MP phoned the HO directly. I explained to her how I meet the financial requirements through income & savings and I think the HO have potentially put the app on hold in error. She advised me the HO have asked for the app to go back to the decision maker for re consideration - still waiting to hear back on that. Yes I also used the pay for email service, I've been regularly bugging them sending them an email around once a week. Someone there advised me it was escalated on June 30th, and my most recent reply off them was that my partner should hear something soon. Not confident on that though, but if i do get any updates I'll make sure to post here
I emailed them last week about the hold and I got a message back that they can't do an thing as they are still within their processing time. My husband biometric was 2nd May, I will email them again
I honestly just think they say what they want. They told me first off that it cannot be escalated until 12 weeks, and then they said it was escalated June 30 which was only 8 weeks. I plan on pestering them via email until I get a straight answer :D

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Misskatie wrote:
biosho wrote:
I honestly just think they say what they want. They told me first off that it cannot be escalated until 12 weeks, and then they said it was escalated June 30 which was only 8 weeks. I plan on pestering them via email until I get a straight answer :D
I totally agree with you they don't know what they are doing. Which country you applying from

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 pm

biosho wrote:
Misskatie wrote:
biosho wrote:
I totally agree with you they don't know what they are doing. Which country you applying from
My partner applied from Lima, Peru.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:54 am

Can anyone please share the process of Withdrawing Spouse Visa Application?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 am

levisworkedupon wrote:Can anyone please share the process of Withdrawing Spouse Visa Application?
Please post this in a separate thread, with more details on your reason for withdrawal. It's not applicable to the subject of this thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

biosho wrote:
My husbands biometric was on 9th May and after continually ringing them and emailing them I received another email response, which I thought was quite interesting as below:

It is understand that you are upset and do miss your husband. Unfortunately the priority service does not decrease the amount of time it take to process the visa, it simply put your visa at the front of the queue and the processing time will being quicker.

Please note that UKVI aims all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why. As of the 7th July, it is 40 Working Days of processing.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.

I'm not too sure what the 'As of the 7th July, it is 40 Working Days of processing' means but this is week 10 now. I have also contacted the mp who has emailed the home office and they have given her the same scripted reply as they do to everyone else. She has now told me that there is nothing further she can do unless nothing gets done in the next couple of weeks. Can it get any more frustrating?!!

thewallstreetmonkey
Newly Registered

Post by thewallstreetmonkey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 am

Does anybody know if we can apply and a get a refund of priority application fee either during processing or after the decision?

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

thewallstreetmonkey wrote:Does anybody know if we can apply and a get a refund of priority application fee either during processing or after the decision?

Hi, Yes it can be had by e-mailing them even if your application is being processed. just make it clear how long you have waited.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
thewallstreetmonkey wrote:Does anybody know if we can apply and a get a refund of priority application fee either during processing or after the decision?

Hi, Yes it can be had by e-mailing them even if your application is being processed. just make it clear how long you have waited.
Won't they say there is no deadline on when a priority application should be processed?

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:

Won't they say there is no deadline on when a priority application should be processed?

Priority applications should be on top of every other file so you should expect a reply within 90 working days, so if it hasn't been processed you are due the priority fee back. A lot of people have got this back successfully.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm

I made a complaint to HO, took a month for them to reply, but last week I received my priority fee back. I'm at 10 weeks this week

LizzieB
Newly Registered

Post by LizzieB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Timetime

23rd March application submitted by post
21st April Biometric taken
19th May more documents submitted (husband and my bank statements)
6th June complex letter
Online checker - awaiting a decision.
10th July contacted HO - lady was lovely and said she was going to get it esculated. Not holding my breath.

Applied within the uk. Canadian National.

Stressed as we have booked a holiday a year ago for our children.

Renewal of my visa.
Last edited by LizzieB on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Misskatie wrote:
I made a complaint to HO, took a month for them to reply, but last week I received my priority fee back. I'm at 10 weeks this week
Hi misskatie

I applied priority end of march its over 90 days still no answer. Would you mind giving more info how your priority was given back? Who you emailed? What you said? Would really help me out thanks.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Bob777 wrote:
Misskatie wrote:
Hi misskatie

I applied priority end of march its over 90 days still no answer. Would you mind giving more info how your priority was given back? Who you emailed? What you said? Would really help me out thanks.
I sent a complaint through the gov.uk website - I don't know if I'm allowed to post the email address.

I sent this:
"I want to make a complaint about my partners settlement visa and the handling of it. His application was completed April 18th and he went to the embassy in Lima for his interview on 5th may. We paid for the priority service, however have since had the "on hold" email due to the Supreme Court ruling February 22nd. I have since found out that he should have been made aware at his interview that his application would be caught up In this hold situation, especially as he paid for priority. He was not made aware of any hold up, and his application should not be on hold as I, his sponsor have an annual income of £22,000. I want a refund of my priority service fee along with a date of when he can expect a decision. We did put on the application his expected date of travel is may 22nd. Obviously this has passed with no further update. You are infringing both of our human rights And my next stop after this is to involve my local MP, along with taking legal action because you are not acting lawfully. He does not want his application withdrawn he just wants a decision, or when to expect a decision, plus a refund of my priority payment. I expect a timely response"

And I received:
"Thank you for your email correspondence of 7 June 2017 where you have raised a complaint about the handling of your partner’s settlement visa application.

I have asked the operational manager of Entry Clearance team to assess the circumstances relating to the matter you have complained about. With this work now complete, I have based my response on their findings. I am unable to uphold your complaint and I hope my reply helps you to understand the reasons why.

You have said that your partner completed an application for a settlement visa on 18 April, he was interviewed at the Embassy in lima on 5 May in which he paid for his application to be processed via the priority service. You stated you have received an “on hold” email due to a ruling made by the supreme court on 22 February. You have stated that you since found out that your partner should have been informed about the “on hold” situation when he attended his interview at the Lima embassy and his application could be affected by this ruling. You said he was not informed of any hold ups and his application should not be on hold. You are asking for a refund of payment for the fees you have paid for the priority service, you are also seeking for a decision or an expected timescale on when a decision will be made on your partner’s application.

I am sorry for the delay in this matter being resolved, however I am pleased to see that my colleague has sent your Partner an email on 18 May 2017, explaining details of why his application was placed on hold. Unfortunately I cannot give a specific date on when a final decision will be made on your partner’s application. In regards to a refund for the payments made for the priority service, I am pleased to inform you this is now being processed.

I hope this explains the position."

On July 7th I received the £551 priority fee back into my bank
Last edited by Misskatie on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Misskatie wrote:
I'm also on week ten this week! If I ask for a refund does that mean my application will no longer be priority anymore?

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't think they know what they doing at the
UKVI Contact Centre. My husband email them today to escalate the issue as I meet the financial requirement, they emailed back saying it can't be escalated and application is awaiting decision. There is a different between an application which is on hold and awaiting decision . We are day 55, really don't know what to think anymore . This is their email below:

Thank you for contacting UK Visa and Immigration International enquiry service.
In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. If more documents are needed, you will be contacted by the Home Office. As for you request for an escalation, based on the information you have provided, we are unable to escalate as the application is still under the SLA period.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Misskatie wrote:
I'm also on week ten this week! If I ask for a refund does that mean my application will no longer be priority anymore?
Yes, I do believe that since they refunded your priority fee, it will be handled as standard. But, it makes little difference either ways with even priority applications taking well over 90 working days.

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:57 am

Thank you Misskatie much appreciated

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:
Misskatie wrote:
Yes, I do believe that since they refunded your priority fee, it will be handled as standard. But, it makes little difference either ways with even priority applications taking well over 90 working days.
I might just wait until after a decision has been made

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 am

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how does this 3rd party works ? As in when we mail them to check for the update within minutes I get a reply ( considering your app and awaiting a decision ) so how quickly do they check on it and reply?!? Is my status so readily available to them ?!?
Also I want to know is it ok not to receive documents back ?!? Coz seeing the timelines people receive documents back in no time but I haven't ...
thanks !