ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this another anomaly?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Is this another anomaly?

Post by shonolaku » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:46 pm

I applied on 24th Jan and it was delivered on 26th Jan from DHL Tracking. I sent an email to HO on 7th Feb requesting for my reference #. I got post mail from HO on 8th Feb stating my ref # (343XX). The surprise is that HO replied my email on 9th Feb telling me that they have not received any application with my name and DoB.

How can I categorize this? Should I keep silence or send another mail?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:28 pm

They deal with a lot of emails per day. The person responding may not have looked at the database properly in search of your application.

The post is a confirmation that your application has been duly recieved

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:42 pm

I don't understand the concern with getting the reference #. On the first page of the application, there is a mail slip that they will return to you with verfication of receipt of your application and your reference number. I got mine back quite quickly. Did you not request this when you sent your application?

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:08 pm

Yes, I did and the slip was the one sent to me through post for the ref #.