ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI Contact Form for Status Update

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liuking3d
Newly Registered

Post by liuking3d » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am

Hello Every,

I have a similar problem. I made an enquiry regarding my application status and got this response.

Thank you for your enquiry dated 11th of July regarding your visa application status.

According to the application reference number GWFXXXXXXXXXXX provided in your email, our records show the decision has been made on your application.

Please note that we are unable to see any further details about your application.

We cannot discuss this decision online or by phone. If you have requested a return courier service, you can track the location of your travel documents online. If you have opted to collect your decision from a visa application centre, please wait until the visa application centre team (TLS or VFS) notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

Please be aware we strongly advise that you do not make travel or any other plans that are contingent upon our compliance with that timescale. Neither the Home Office nor its commercial partners will be responsible for any loss incurred as a consequence of failure to comply with the timescale.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration. Therefore you are advised to read through the guidance prior to submitting a future application.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal.

Kind regards,

xxxx
UKVI Contact Centre

What does this mean? is this a standard email sent out for decision made if one makes an enquiry or is it trying to say something different.

Neosprin

Re: UKVI Contact Form for Status Update

Post by Neosprin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Liuking3d
This means a decision has been made.
Have you checked the ukvi status tracker? Does that show "decision made"?

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Neo

liuking3d
Newly Registered

Post by liuking3d » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 am

Hello Neo,

Thank you for your response, Yes the status tracker says Decision has been made but i am wondering what this part of the message means.

"Please be aware we strongly advise that you do not make travel or any other plans that are contingent upon our compliance with that timescale. Neither the Home Office nor its commercial partners will be responsible for any loss incurred as a consequence of failure to comply with the timescale.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration. Therefore you are advised to read through the guidance prior to submitting a future application.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal."

Does it mean rejection? :?:

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 am

That part is standard.

You will only know once you get the passport.

Wish you the best.

Do share your timeline with us. Thank you.

liuking3d
Newly Registered

Rejected tier 2 visa

Post by liuking3d » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello,

I just got my passport today and it was refused. below is the refusal letter.

On 26/04/17 your previous application for an Entry Clearance under Tier 2 (General) was refused for the following reasons:-

'In support of your application I note that you provided a job offer letter from XXXXXXXXXXXXX plc dated 13/01/17. This letter confirms tha you were offered the position of "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" on 13/01/17.

Your COS States that your employer advertised for your role on Universal JobMatch and Linkedin. However, Both adverts were placed on 12/01/17 with a closing date of 11/02/17.

You were, therfore offered the position nearly a month before the closing date of the job adverts. There, regardless of any applications your sponsor might have received, your sponsor had already offered the job to you. I can only conclude that your sponsor placed these job adverts merely to meet the requirement of tier 2, rather than in a genuine attempt to employ a settled worker.

Given the above I am not satisfied that your sponsor has conducted a genuine labour market test'

In Support of the of your current application you have submitted a letter from your sponsor dated 13/06/17 stating that a mistake was made on your previous job offer letter and an incorrect date was added. Whilst i acknoledge this statement, the information /documents submitted do not evidence your sponsors stated mistake or provide further details that evidence that the labour market test conducted as required.

Subsequently, I am not satisfied that you have addressed the previous refusal and I have not awarded the points that you have claimed for your Certificate of Sponsorship in accordance with paragraph 76 to 84A of appendix A of the immigration Rules.

My sponsor issued a letter pointing out that the date on the offer letter was mistake as it was wrongly dated.

Bear in mind that i had a previous application refused based on LABOUR MARKET TEST not conducted genuinely because of the the date on my offer letter, which was wrong dated.

the refusal letter i got the second time states as below

This is what I drafted as my Administrative review statement

Now I want know if i should go for an administrative review based on the following.

1. I would like to say that a new offer letter with that correct date(01/03/2017) was submitted with the just refused application which I beleive addresses the reason given above "Whilst i acknoledge this statement, the information /documents submitted do not evidence your sponsors stated mistake or provide further details that evidence that the labour market test conducted as required."

2. I beleive that if the previous offer letter bearing the incorrect date was required as may have been required to address the refusal reason also "Whilst i acknoledge this statement, the information /documents submitted do not evidence your sponsors stated mistake or provide further details that evidence that the labour market test conducted as required." this would have been requested for under the evidential flexibility:Paragraph245AA(a)of the Immigration Rules. that allow for 10 days to provide the required document/Information if deemed to have been available but not submitted. All documents relating to my previous application are still with Home Office as can be accessed the ECO.

3. My Sponsor also provided a letter explaining reason for the wrongly dated offer which lead to the refusal of the previous application in support of this just refused application.

Really need your advise.

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 pm

hi,

Sorry to hear that. I do not have any knowledge to your query. Probably someone else can help.

Regards,
Neo

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Rejected tier 2 visa

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 am

it is very easy to get RLMT wrong and once you have given the case worker the impression that you have been pre selected, it will be hard to prove otherwise.
Your first application has already drawn attention to you and your sponsor and UKVI will be watching them with interest.
While the date on your initial offer letter might have been written in error or simply by ignorance of the person handling it, one cannot but also think about the possibility pre-selection.
and for your most recent application, a cover letter alone will not suffice that an error was made in the offer letter. They should have provided more information/ evidence on the number of people that applied when the job was advertised, when you applied, when you were interviewed and the day your offer was made.

I doubt if you will have a smooth Admin review because new evidence will not be accepted. The review will be done based on the documents you supplied for your application. That doesn't mean it cannot be successful. You can try your luck.
if indeed you were not pre-selected, then you can make another application and then provide all the evidence that the initial offer letter was written by mistake and then convince the case worker that a genuine RLMT was carried out.

All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

liuking3d
Newly Registered

Post by liuking3d » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:55 am

Hello Djsuccess,

Thank you for your update. I understand what you are saying but also if the case worker was in doubt would it not have been okay to exercise the evidential flexibility:Paragraph245AA(a)of the Immigration Rules. that allow for 10 days to provide the required document/Information if deemed to have been available but not submitted or scheduled an interview with the applicant or contact the sponsor for further verification before making a decision.

Is this not grounds for administrative review.

liuking3d
Newly Registered

Post by liuking3d » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:27 am

Hello again.

My Sponsor can provide list of applicant that applied for that position and I have available with me all the email correspondence between myself and my Sponsor to the point of was assigned a COS.

I do not have any ties to the Company, I don't anyone there... I came across the position and I applied to for position and I was shortlisted interviewed and offered the job.... All these was done much after the RLMT and can be shown on all email correspondensce between and the Company.

Can I provide this for Administrative review or should I make another application with information... I am really new to all of this and would need an advise.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Administrative Review is pointless. The RLMT was not conducted properly, end of. No letter or evidence after the fact will change that. Evidencal flexibility does not apply, the facts speak for themselves, offer letter dated before a RLMT conclusion, you are deluded if you think this is coverbby an "error" on the offer letter.

The only way you will get to work for that company is to do the whole RLMT again, get a new COS and apply again. Even then it might not be successful based on the history to date.

liuking3d
Newly Registered

Post by liuking3d » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Hello Frontier,

Thank you for your candid feedback. In earnestness I was really interviewed after RLMT stated date and was offered the job afterwards.... But I see your point... It doesn't whether it was a mistake or not the impression of RLMT not being conducted properly is already set.... I will ask my employer to run the RLMT again. Thanks.