ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documentary proof with AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ratapita

documentary proof with AN application

Post by ratapita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Hello All,

I have an appointment with the NCS in a couple of days to submit my Naturalisation application. It is through 5 years of Tier 2 + 1 year of ILR route.
As regards proof there seems to be very little asked for /mentioned in the Guidance.
So far all I can see that I need to submit are:
1. Old passport containing travel stamps of last 5 years
2. Life in the UK Test Certificate
3. Possibly my degree certificate

Does anyone know from their experiences whether I need to add anything else , for example my birth certificate ?

Many thanks for your help !

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: documentary proof with AN application

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Did your NCS not send you a list of documents to bring? If they haven't yet, then they still might. Aside from the ones they ask for, if you have any other documents related to your application, by all means bring them, but they probably won't be asked for or looked at. My thinking has always been that it's better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I applied under ILR + spouse of a UK citizen. They looked at/copied the following documents for me:
  1. Both of the passports (1 current, 1 expired) that I have held in the last three years.
  2. My biometric residence permit showing my ILR.
  3. My marriage certificate.
  4. My Life in the UK test pass letter.
  5. My husband's passport.
  6. Letter from the university at which I am currently studying, confirming my student status.
  7. My university student ID.
I'm exempt from the language requirement, but brought my UK degree certificates, as well as all documents related to my employment during the 11 years I've been in the UK. They didn't ask for any of these things, but I felt better having them. If you are not exempt from the language requirement, then you will obviously have to bring documentation showing that you fulfil it.

Since you're not applying as the spouse of a UK citizen, you won't need (3) or (5) from my list. If you're not a student, you won't need (6) or (7). If you're employed, you might be asked for your employer's PAYE code, and it probably can't hurt to bring payslips, a P60, or a letter confirming your employment, though if there isn't time to get the documentation, I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you have the information needed for the Form AN itself.

Good luck at your appointment!

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Dear Tea_Rocket,

Many Thanks for your helpful response.
I have not received a list from the NCS, even though I had received the appointment letter.
I have been on the phone to them a few times, and what they have said is pretty much what I mentioned ( and the Passports of course).
What is giving me a bit of a headache is Section 1.50 - Employment history of 10 years. On a previous phone conversation and again today ( after I posted here) NCS is adamant that payslips/P60 s are not in the list of required documents that they have been provided with by HO. But the Guidance AN , is quite clear that I need to show my NI contributions from employment in the last 10 years and states " to support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60.. etc etc"
Bearing in mind, NCS is not responsible for the ultimate decision and neither act as an immigration adviser, I am in the process of digging through years old files for P60 s! .
So as, you suggest I would try and go prepared, with as many P 60 s I can unearth, but it is such a pain and may be a waste of time too. I just wish HO will get their act together !

Many thanks again !

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Yes, take what you can find, but don't stress too much about it. The forms related to employment are more important for applicants from the EEA. For non-EEA people like you and me, our passport stamps are evidence of when we were in the UK. Since people from the EEA do not get stamped when they enter the UK (or any other EU country), they need to provide that evidence via employment documentation, letters from their GPs, etc. It's good that you plan to bring them because you never know what will be useful until you're there, but as far as I can tell, the Home Office can check your NI contributions without documentary evidence supplied by you (despite what the AN Guide says) and your NCS caseworker is unlikely to ask for them.

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi again,

I did attend my NCS appointment today and as you say they did not ask for anything related to the employment , they reiterated that it is mainly the passport that will be used to prove the presence in the country (and LITE and English language needs to be proved via my documents) the rest is checked by HO anyway.

Thanks for your help!