ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ariesfub » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

I've applied for spouse visa on 25th Feb 2017, still haven't received the visa it's going to be 5 months and didn't hear from them., no on hold email nothing, no emails from them. Don't know what to do. Did priority service. I have no idea what's going on

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Geet1328 wrote:Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how does this 3rd party works ? As in when we mail them to check for the update within minutes I get a reply ( considering your app and awaiting a decision ) so how quickly do they check on it and reply?!? Is my status so readily available to them ?!?
Also I want to know is it ok not to receive documents back ?!? Coz seeing the timelines people receive documents back in no time but I haven't ...
thanks !
I don't think they know what they are doing, my husband email them yesterday they said awaiting decision. I called them today they said waiting for decision then I told the guy how can it say awaiting decision while the application is on hold then said nothing he can do if is on hold that just have to wait. Before they can escalate it has to be over 60 days

They have not returned my supporting documents too and I send with passport which I need now.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:20 pm

biosho wrote:

Can anyone please tell me how does this 3rd party works ? As in when we mail them to check for the update within minutes I get a reply ( considering your app and awaiting a decision ) so how quickly do they check on it and reply?!? Is my status so readily available to them ?!?
Also I want to know is it ok not to receive documents back ?!? Coz seeing the timelines people receive documents back in no time but I haven't ...
thanks !
I don't think they know what they are doing, my husband email them yesterday they said awaiting decision. I called them today they said waiting for decision then I told the guy how can it say awaiting decision while the application is on hold then said nothing he can do if is on hold that just have to wait. Before they can escalate it has to be over 60 days

They have not returned my supporting documents too and I send with passport which I need now.

So I guess we can't even trust these people ... what to do ?!? Whom to contact ?!?! Who can give us a clear picture

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Ariesfub wrote:I've applied for spouse visa on 25th Feb 2017, still haven't received the visa it's going to be 5 months and didn't hear from them., no on hold email nothing, no emails from them. Don't know what to do. Did priority service. I have no idea what's going on
Did you get the 'case not straightforward' email? Is there any complication in your case that you believe may be delaying your application?

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Ariesfub wrote:I've applied for spouse visa on 25th Feb 2017, still haven't received the visa it's going to be 5 months and didn't hear from them., no on hold email nothing, no emails from them. Don't know what to do. Did priority service. I have no idea what's going on
Did you get the 'case not straightforward' email? Is there any complication in your case that you believe may be delaying your application?
I've never been this frustrated in my life!

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

No emails from them , when I contact them I just get the customer satisfaction emails. That's it. Once when I called they said my applications has been delayed they said that in march

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
I'm totally with you on that. Nothing more aggravating than being away from your spouse especially when the first year of marriage is supposed to be the best year.

All this is doing is putting people's lives on hold. It's hard to move forward without knowing if and when you'd be moving to the UK

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:24 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
I'm totally with you on that. Nothing more aggravating than being away from your spouse especially when the first year of marriage is supposed to be the best year.

All this is doing is putting people's lives on hold. It's hard to move forward without knowing if and when you'd be moving to the UK
Exactly hun! it's my first wedding anniversary this month and I feel stressed to the max! I paid the priority fee under the assumption that we will get a decision within 4-6 weeks! That was long enough to now having to wait 10 weeks +

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:24 pm

My biometric was done on 5th may(lahore pakistan).but still waiting.2 times i have contacted with UKVI through email saying application has been delayed due to further enquiries.now again email them on 14th july but no reply.before my settlement visa i applied for my son's british passport from pakistan after his birth in pakisatn,which i received exactly after 4 months(as processing time was 6 months) but visa processing is so slow that after 11 weeks i heard nothing from UKVI

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Yeah same. I just don't know what to do. Can't wait anymore it's been so frustrating , how can they take so much time , they have my passport for almost 5 months and I couldn't travel and so many important things just went pass by

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm

I didn't get any case not straightforward email, haven't received anything from them so that's why I'm wordering why is it taking so long even though my application is not on hold

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm

[quote="Ariesfub"]I didn't get any case not straightforward email, haven't received anything from them so that's why I'm wordering why is it taking so long even though my application is not on hold[/quote

Hi !
So when did you apply and what are the replies you getting

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Ariesfub wrote:I didn't get any case not straightforward email, haven't received anything from them so that's why I'm wordering why is it taking so long even though my application is not on hold[/quote

Hi !

Just a thought is it a possibility that they must have not even opened our application and they are just giving us automated replies ?!? Will they inform us our application has not even opened or reached the ECO ?!?
Don't know but getting very frustrated now

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
biosho wrote:

thanks !

So I guess we can't even trust these people ... what to do ?!? Whom to contact ?!?! Who can give us a clear picture
My wife was contacted by email on Saturday from Sheffield telling us a decision had been made. Friday was working day 58 since biometrics and they had never returned any of my documents. Today, I got my documents back, 60 working days since biometrics and 51 working days since they received them.

When I twice contacted them by phone I was told I could not have my documents returned during the assessment process. As to the email system and the information the 3rd party can see, it's all generic replies. They can only see, waiting to be assessed by ECO, open (on hold), awaiting decision, decided.

My wife has still not received an invitation to collect her passport and the TLScontact VAC tracker does not yet show that a decision has been made even though the UK online tracker says decided since 13th July and the TLS tracker is part of the priority service for which we paid. Note, the UK online tracker only worked for the first time on Saturday, prior to that it never recognised the GWF or IHS. When it did work, it stated decision made on 13th July even though on 13th July it did not work!?!?

One word - Chaos.

Please note, our application was priority and we never received the on-hold email. I'm answering the specific question about the documents and 3rd party from my experience. Also from my experience, there is absolutely no point wasting your money by emailing or calling them until you get to the published time limits for decision of 60 or 90 working days depending upon whether you applied by standard or priority and from which jurisdiction. At that point you can request an escalation. That is what I was told on the second occasion I called them.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Ariesfub wrote:I didn't get any case not straightforward email, haven't received anything from them so that's why I'm wordering why is it taking so long even though my application is not on hold[/quote

Hi !

Just a thought is it a possibility that they must have not even opened our application and they are just giving us automated replies ?!? Will they inform us our application has not even opened or reached the ECO ?!?

When we called them up second time after our application was submitted they said they checked my application on 1st march 2017, I applied 25 Feb 2017, and later got an email saying my application had been delayed and I should wait for further stuff, I've been waiting all this time whenever we call or email they say my application is in process. I mean process from 5 more months???

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:55 pm

SimonS wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
biosho wrote:

thanks !

My wife was contacted by email on Saturday from Sheffield telling us a decision had been made. Friday was working day 58 since biometrics and they had never returned any of my documents. Today, I got my documents back, 60 working days since biometrics and 51 working days since they received them.

When I twice contacted them by phone I was told I could not have my documents returned during the assessment process. As to the email system and the information the 3rd party can see, it's all generic replies. They can only see, waiting to be assessed by ECO, open (on hold), awaiting decision, decided.

My wife has still not received an invitation to collect her passport and the TLScontact VAC tracker does not yet show that a decision has been made even though the UK online tracker says decided since 13th July and the TLS tracker is part of the priority service for which we paid. Note, the UK online tracker only worked for the first time on Saturday, prior to that it never recognised the GWF or IHS. When it did work, it stated decision made on 13th July even though on 13th July it did not work!?!?

One word - Chaos.

Please note, our application was priority and we never received the on-hold email. I'm answering the specific question about the documents and 3rd party from my experience. Also from my experience, there is absolutely no point wasting your money by emailing or calling them until you get to the published time limits for decision of 60 or 90 working days depending upon whether you applied by standard or priority and from which jurisdiction. At that point you can request an escalation. That is what I was told on the second occasion I called them.

Thanks for the information and sharing your experience. All the best .. I'm sure good news is round the corner for you guys !!!
Just curious is it a possibility that they have not even opened my application?! I mean will they give this information if my application is still not opened or will give keep giving me typical generic replies ?!?!

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Ariesfub wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi !

When we called them up second time after our application was submitted they said they checked my application on 1st march 2017, I applied 25 Feb 2017, and later got an email saying my application had been delayed and I should wait for further stuff, I've been waiting all this time whenever we call or email they say my application is in process. I mean process from 5 more months???
So I guess you have already crossed the time ... when is the last you checked on your application with them ?!?!

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Like Simon, our application was decided on Thursday 13 July. It was Simon's post which inspired me to check my wife's application on the tracker just randomly and unexpectedly the status was 'decided' in a green box.

Prior to this, every time I input the gwf reference, the tracker system said reference not recognised.

Anyway, moving on, we've still not had an email from ukvi to even say the application has been decided. The tracker says we'll the decision has been posted to us (I think by this they mean the passport has been returned to the VAC in Lahore) and how we should receive this within 10 working days. They say they cannot discuss this decision online or by phone. From reviewing the timeline thread hopefully we should be contacted by the vac later this week saying the passport is ready for collection (hopefully).

ASL
Newly Registered

Post by ASL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I am in the same boat as many of you all. I have been searching for any information that I can get in regards to the update with UK spouse visas 2017 and have been reading the forums to see if anyone was experiencing what i was and if there was any professional advise. This is the first time I have ever posted anything on here and felt the need to do so after reading so many post seeing that I am not the only one with the "not straight forward" email been sent to.
I am a British citizen by birth and have applied for my husband to join me from India.
My documents reached Sheffield on 28th Feb 2017, had the email from them early April sometime and then a lady from the home office called to integrate me! I panicked and at that point I thought it was all over for me, in terms of.. i failed!!! However it has been almost 2 months since that call and i have heard nothing!!! It is absolutely frustrating not knowing where my future lies. Our life is on hold and this is inhumane for a government to have such control over an individuals life!
I have been praying everyday and all I would like to wish for everyone in the same situation is all the very best.
I hope someone hears good news soon,and please please please if anyone does get any positive response please post it on here so we also can feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Amen

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
SimonS wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

thanks !

One word - Chaos.

Thanks for the information and sharing your experience. All the best .. I'm sure good news is round the corner for you guys !!!
Just curious is it a possibility that they have not even opened my application?! I mean will they give this information if my application is still not opened or will give keep giving me typical generic replies ?!?![/quote]

My understanding from consideration of the replies I received is that your application has been opened and is under consideration.

Reason, 1st email response from my query on 30th May responded to on 2nd June with....

"Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration
International Enquiry Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status GWF:0xxxxxx and date of birth
xx/xx/xxxx and found that your application has not yet been assessed by an
Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). Each application is assessed individually
and processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient
whilst processing is completed.
"

Clearly after 27 working days on priority nobody had even bothered looking at it!

Reason, 1st phone call 30th June told.....

"Awaiting decision"

I take this to mean the application had been moved from 1) pile gathering dust, to 2) the point of having at least been opened.

Hope this helps.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 pm

ASL wrote:Hello everyone,

I am in the same boat as many of you all. I have been searching for any information that I can get in regards to the update with UK spouse visas 2017 and have been reading the forums to see if anyone was experiencing what i was and if there was any professional advise. This is the first time I have ever posted anything on here and felt the need to do so after reading so many post seeing that I am not the only one with the "not straight forward" email been sent to.
I am a British citizen by birth and have applied for my husband to join me from India.
My documents reached Sheffield on 28th Feb 2017, had the email from them early April sometime and then a lady from the home office called to integrate me! I panicked and at that point I thought it was all over for me, in terms of.. i failed!!! However it has been almost 2 months since that call and i have heard nothing!!! It is absolutely frustrating not knowing where my future lies. Our life is on hold and this is inhumane for a government to have such control over an individuals life!
I have been praying everyday and all I would like to wish for everyone in the same situation is all the very best.
I hope someone hears good news soon,and please please please if anyone does get any positive response please post it on here so we also can feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Amen
Hi,

thanks for contributing. During your discussion did they highlight the areas that were delaying your application. What was the focus of the discussion. This is far too long to have continued without further news.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 am

Than you Simons .. and making me a little hopeful !! All the best and please do share your good news

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 am

maibm wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Like Simon, our application was decided on Thursday 13 July. It was Simon's post which inspired me to check my wife's application on the tracker just randomly and unexpectedly the status was 'decided' in a green box.

Prior to this, every time I input the gwf reference, the tracker system said reference not recognised.

Anyway, moving on, we've still not had an email from ukvi to even say the application has been decided. The tracker says we'll the decision has been posted to us (I think by this they mean the passport has been returned to the VAC in Lahore) and how we should receive this within 10 working days. They say they cannot discuss this decision online or by phone. From reviewing the timeline thread hopefully we should be contacted by the vac later this week saying the passport is ready for collection (hopefully).
All the best !!

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 am

When can I hear the good news been waiting for 5 months :(

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:46 am

I have called HO yeaterday and guess what ?
They said none of your escalations have gone through and they will put the first one through now :/
5 months till now with a PRIORITY application :@

Lets see what difference does this escalation make & what do i hear in next 2 weeks !