ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Eu visa for non Eu spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Applying for Eu visa for non Eu spouse

Post by thunderb0lt » Sat May 27, 2017 8:16 am

Hi all

I know there are several similar posts on here but I find them quite confusing.

I am British citizen in UK. My wife is Bangladeshi but with me in the UK on a spouse visa. She has just had her 2.5 year extension with brp card. We have a young british child.

We are thinking oh going on short 3 day holiday to somewhere like Spain in the summer. The question is what are the visa requirements for my wife and how likely is it that visa will be granted. Would we need to book tickets as part of evidence?

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Eu visa for non Eu spouse

Post by Casa » Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 am

Your wife will need to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa.
http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados ... uired.aspx
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:18 am

Can anyone please confirm whether evidence or plane tickets will be required. I don't want to buy expensive tickets only to have the visa denied.

I've been reading the guidance and think only translated marriage certificate is required but want to be very sure.

Thanks

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22 pm

are there any updates here? do we really need to buy tickets and accommodation before a visa has been granted?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 pm

You dont need to buy Ticket and accommodation. Just reserve the ticket and accommodation. You can book accommodation free of cost. There are many website like www.booking.com They will take your credit card information as guarantee. But make sure to cancel the booking as per cancellation policies.

Some airlines allow online reservation. Or you can get ticket reservation from a travel agent.