ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing problem

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nishad.zaman
United Kingdom

Housing problem

Post by nishad.zaman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 am

Hi. Good evening everyone.

My landlord has been harassing me for quite a long time and it is already recorded some incidents with the council and the police as well.

Today I have received a letter from the landlord via the door letter box which asks me to go to the court for the hearing in relation to the property possession. The letter was issued dated on 11 July 2017 and asks me to attend the hearing on 17 July 2017.

Moreover, I have not received any response form attached to the letters from the landlord and believe that I suppose to get 14 days to response to the court whereas I have been given only 3 working days to response and send the documents to the court which is impossible.

Please advice as it is urgent and how can I postpone the hearing or delay or request for further time to response. Or are those documents genuine or sent to me followed by the proper legal procedures?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Housing problem

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:30 am

This is not an immigration matter.

You have posted in the Tier 4 category: if you are a university student you can get housing advice from your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 am

Or contact Shelter charity urgently. Your landlord appears to be breaking the law in terms of harassment and illegal eviction process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nishad.zaman
United Kingdom

Post by nishad.zaman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 am

Thanks a lot. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:54 pm

nishad.zaman wrote:Thanks a lot. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks.
It is a criminal offence if he harasses you and illegally evicted you and he could get jailed.

Did you contact Shelter?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.