ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting Tier 2 with EEA Residence Card Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pumpkin7722
Newly Registered

Submitting Tier 2 with EEA Residence Card Application

Post by Pumpkin7722 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi guys,

I'm Canadian and my fiance is Austrian. We've been working here for a year and a half (I just recently switched from a Tier 5 to a Tier 2, valid until 2020), and we're planning on getting married next month. My plan is to have the EEA Residence Card application completely filled out and ready to go once we have the marriage certificate, so I have a few questions for that:

1) There's a section that asks you to submit all previous BRPs. Should I submit my original Tier 2 BRP? Isn't this what allows me to work in the country? If I submit it, does it cancel my right to work since I won't physically have it until I get it back from the Home Office? Stupid question, I know, but you know never with some of the Home Office's ridiculous requirements...

2) We won't be submitting online as my fiance has already submitted his application back in March, so it's going to have to be the paper version, which means we can't use the European passport service. Does anyone know after how long I can request the passports back? Based on other threads, it's seems like I can do it once I've enrolled my biometrics, but wondering if there's a way to do it earlier.

3) Along with the marriage certificate, is it advisable to submit proof of our relationship? We've been together for 3 years and I can always print out pictures from Facebook and Instagram of our holidays etc. On one hand, I don't want to submit too much in case they think it's unnecessary and reject the application, on the other hand it might not be enough and they'd still reject it. Thoughts?

That's it for now, I'll probably have more questions in about a week. :)

Thank you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Submitting Tier 2 with EEA Residence Card Application

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Are you aware that by switching to the EEA route your immigration clock will be re-set to zero, putting you on a five year path to PR (Brexit permitting) :idea:

Also, have you registered your intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office?

You should submit all the evidence you have of a genuine relationship in addition to the marriage certificate.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pumpkin7722
Newly Registered

Post by Pumpkin7722 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi Casa, thanks for the reply!

Yes, we've given notice. We'll find out next week if the notice period will be 28, or extended to 70 (which would make it September). Also aware about the re-setting of the ILR/PR clock — I'm okay with that, I just got my Tier 2 a month ago anyway. Thanks for the answer about submitting all documentation! I shall make them a scrapbook of some sort. :P

Any ideas about submitting the Tier 2 BRP?

Thanks again!

Pumpkin7722
Newly Registered

Post by Pumpkin7722 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:58 am

Anyone? :)

lunallena
Mood:
European Union

Post by lunallena » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:29 pm

1) Yes you have to submit your original Tier 2 BRP. It does allow you to work so make sure that your sponsor has all the information regarding your BRP in records. Not having the BRP physically won't cancel your right to work as long as your sponsor has all the information needed. When I submitted my EEA application I made sure that my sponsor had a updated copy of my BPR.

2) I requested my passport and BRP back once I received my CoA and enrolled my biometrics, which was 5 weeks after I posted my application. I think you can request them earlier but I wanted to make sure that the HO had received and was considering my case.

3) I can't advise you on that one as I applied as EFM so I had to send pictures with my application. I guess some extra evidence won't hurt.

I hope this helps!

Pumpkin7722
Newly Registered

Post by Pumpkin7722 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am

Hi lunallena, thank you so much!! That really does help. :)