ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:54 am

levisworkedupon wrote:I have called HO yeaterday and guess what ?
They said none of your escalations have gone through and they will put the first one through now :/
5 months till now with a PRIORITY application :@

Lets see what difference does this escalation make & what do i hear in next 2 weeks !
Oh goodness!! So it means all this while they were lying to you ?!? It means they know nothing .... what number you called to be this information?!?
Hope for the best !!

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 am

I strongly beleive this call center ppl know nothing, and they axt as if they dont know what application on hold is , as if they dont receive any such calls :/
Anyways lets see what they comr up with in next 15 days

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:19 am

Tnptit93 wrote:when i came to VFS office to apply my documents they said i have to wait around 6 months. she also told me There was a case that had to wait 19 months
Hi Tnptit93
Did u get something news?

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:39 am

biosho wrote:I don't think they know what they doing at the
UKVI Contact Centre.
They are sodding useless. Even though I'm in the U.K, I emailed them as I couldn't get hold of anyone else using the U.K numbers (all automated advising you to check the Gov website, no good when you have a specific question). £6 for no reply. Chased them up multiple times (more than 10 days), and nothing. Luckily my situation has been resolved, but no thanks to them.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:45 am

Hi
Resolved means ?? You got your visa ??? If yes after how many days of waiting ?

RealGoldEnergyDrink
Newly Registered

Post by RealGoldEnergyDrink » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:53 am

Is someone able to clarify exactly what "awaiting a decision" means? I mean the explanatory page on the status checker just says "your application has been considered", so does this mean that they've done their checks and assessed the application and are now just waiting for a decision to be ratified, or...?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 pm

RealGoldEnergyDrink wrote:Is someone able to clarify exactly what "awaiting a decision" means? I mean the explanatory page on the status checker just says "your application has been considered", so does this mean that they've done their checks and assessed the application and are now just waiting for a decision to be ratified, or...?

Hi
Do you mean the tracker says it or you received an email ?!?
When did you apply ??

Tomu
Newly Registered

Post by Tomu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Geet1328 wrote:Hi
No, it just means my problem was solved, I had some issues when I sent the supporting documents. My wife only applied for her visa 3 weeks ago (biometrics 27/06/17), so I don't expect a decision so soon, especially after how long some people have been waiting. (She applied from Osaka, Japan - priority).

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Tomu wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:Hi
No, it just means my problem was solved, I had some issues when I sent the supporting documents. My wife only applied for her visa 3 weeks ago (biometrics 27/06/17), so I don't expect a decision so soon, especially after how long some people have been waiting. (She applied from Osaka, Japan - priority).

Oh ok !! All the best ... so have emailed them to check your status ?!?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:54 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:I have called HO yeaterday and guess what ?
They said none of your escalations have gone through and they will put the first one through now :/
5 months till now with a PRIORITY application :@

Lets see what difference does this escalation make & what do i hear in next 2 weeks !
What number did u call HO on?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:04 pm

The number given online

Can anyone confirm the meaning
APPLICATION CONSIDERED AND AWAITING APPROVAL ?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:23 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:The number given online

Did you receive an email stating the above ?!?

Tnptit93
Newly Registered

Post by Tnptit93 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Trick wrote:
Tnptit93 wrote:when i came to VFS office to apply my documents they said i have to wait around 6 months. she also told me There was a case that had to wait 19 months
Hi Tnptit93
Hi Trick

yesterday i emailed them to ask how long i need to wait more since the application has been considered and awaiting a decision. they replied that my sponsorhas not demonstrated that they are in receipt of the claimed income. The minimum income requirement has therefore not been met.

they mentioned again about the letter sent me on 2 June 2017 informing I that the Home Office had paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules applications in light of the Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017

i called them after had received this email they said that many applications have been paused and they should let me know over the next few days if they need anymore information from me about finance

Have you received anymore information about your application?

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi guys
I phoned them today again.94 working days waiting priority.passport back in May.no documents back.no decision.just a letter"on hold...supreme court...).
after 16 minutes guy told me "oh they must forrgoten to stamp visa in passport.he didnt know what he was talking.at the end he said that he will pass case to his manager and it will be escalated.promised me he will confirm by email .just now i have 4 blank emails from them.so what to do?he did say as well next week they will contact me...
it looks like my husband is only one who has passport back and no documents no decision..
please everyone any news do let us know...

Shemar10
Newly Registered

Post by Shemar10 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:00 pm

I also return my passport back when my husband get the Supreme Court email

sat143
Newly Registered

Post by sat143 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello Guys....I am also in the same boat... I am really scared as you guys been waiting since long. My spouse given biometric on 14th June and till now I rang HO twice thrice now.
first time they said application waiting to be considered. Second and third time they mentioned that application waiting for decision. what does 'waiting for decision' mean. My application is priority.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:10 am

sat143 wrote:Hello Guys....I am also in the same boat... I am really scared as you guys been waiting since long. My spouse given biometric on 14th June and till now I rang HO twice thrice now.
first time they said application waiting to be considered. Second and third time they mentioned that application waiting for decision. what does 'waiting for decision' mean. My application is priority.
That means you will get a decision in 60 days. Priority visa applications are now at 57-60 days before decided. You only applied in June. Honestly, you are simply wasting your money calling them. Please read the time line threads for India, Pakistan, my timeline thread!! Actually read his thread from start to finish.

The majority of people on this thread have been waiting over 90 working days and have receieved the on hold email. You have achieved neither. Your spouse gave biometric on 14th June, my spouse gave biometric on 21st April!!!! We only got an email saying decision made on Saturday 15th July, 58 working days. Are you even reading the theread?

You are in a fine position. Start worrying when you achieve one or the other. Until then, accept 60 working days for priority. Miss Katie has already very kindly shared on this thread how to claim your money back for priority application in certain circumstances.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 am

Tnptit93 wrote:
Trick wrote:
Hi Tnptit93
Hi Trick

yesterday i emailed them to ask how long i need to wait more since the application has been considered and awaiting a decision. they replied that my sponsorhas not demonstrated that they are in receipt of the claimed income. The minimum income requirement has therefore not been met.

they mentioned again about the letter sent me on 2 June 2017 informing I that the Home Office had paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules applications in light of the Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017

i called them after had received this email they said that many applications have been paused and they should let me know over the next few days if they need anymore information from me about finance

Have you received anymore information about your application?

Nothing from me . I never contact UKVI to asked as I know just wasting but we contacted our Local MP hope him can helps . And I don't know after 6 months they will answer or we have to waiting more . I can't travel while processing . Have no choice just only waiting .

Aventurier
Newly Registered

Post by Aventurier » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:08 am

Hi all,
I think I am on the same boat as you guys. If it is possible please help me understand the situation of my application.
I submitted a UK settlement visa under priority service. I will tell you the time line
24/5/17:. Online application submitted and all the fees including priority service fee of INR 46k something that day.
05/6/17: Appointment at VFS Cochin (Kerala, India). Biometrics were taken that day and submitted my passport. In the evening of the same day I got a message on my phone saying that my application has been forwarded.
12/06/17: Completed application with all supporting docs were sent to Scheffield HO via post from London itself.
15/06/17: Documents were sent back along with acknowledgement letter.
03/07/17: Emailed the HO asking about the status and got the reply that "Awaiting Decision".

As of today, 27 working days have gone by and this is the 28th day. At the time of priority fees remittance I was informed that I will get a decision within 15 or mx 20 working days. Today is the 28th working day and no sign of decision. Also they sent me a link through which we can track the status of our application https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... _W~zj~PP9f
It is not recognizing any of the reference numbers I got along with my application. How long will I have to wait.... Hope someone can share their wisdom....

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 am

Hi adventurier

Did you read any of the other posts on this thread? Priority settlement applications are no longer being processed so quickly. Someone here has been waiting since december with a priority application! 27 working days is nothing, im at Almost 55, and there's plenty of other people who paid for priority and have been waiting a lot longer than you. We have figured the tracker only works if you applied inside the UK, or your application has been decided.
Last edited by Misskatie on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:59 am

Misskatie wrote:
Aventurier wrote:Hi all,
I think I am on the same boat as you guys. If it is possible please help me understand the situation of my application.
I submitted a UK settlement visa under priority service. I will tell you the time line
24/5/17:. Online application submitted and all the fees including priority service fee of INR 46k something that day.
05/6/17: Appointment at VFS Cochin (Kerala, India). Biometrics were taken that day and submitted my passport. In the evening of the same day I got a message on my phone saying that my application has been forwarded.
12/06/17: Completed application with all supporting docs were sent to Scheffield HO via post from London itself.
15/06/17: Documents were sent back along with acknowledgement letter.
03/07/17: Emailed the HO asking about the status and got the reply that "Awaiting Decision".

As of today, 27 working days have gone by and this is the 28th day. At the time of priority fees remittance I was informed that I will get a decision within 15 or mx 20 working days. Today is the 28th working day and no sign of decision. Also they sent me a link through which we can track the status of our application https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... _W~zj~PP9f
It is not recognizing any of the reference numbers I got along with my application. How long will I have to wait.... Hope someone can share their wisdom....

Did you read any of the other posts on this thread? Priority settlement applications are no longer being processed so quickly. Someone here has been waiting since december with a priority application! 27 working days is nothing, im at Almost 55, and there's plenty of other people who paid for priority and have been waiting a lot longer than you. We have figured the tracker only works if you applied inside the UK, or your application has been decided.

I am sure you should get an answer in the next couple of days, good luck hun!

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:04 am

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 am

Hi

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:35 am

Hi all

I submitted my online application on the 10th January 2017.

Biometrics submitted 13th January 2017 in Mirpur Pakistan.

Documents a Sheffield on the 23rd January 2017 and received back on the 26th January 2017.

Received a call from HO regarding my second employment. ( I have 2 jobs) salary is £22,000.

Received a case not straightforward & a hold email on the 7th March 2017.

Since then heard nothing.

Applied in uk (Sheffield)

Online tracker not working for me..

So stressed out.. Been over 6 months now

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:38 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi all

I submitted my online application on the 10th January 2017.

Biometrics submitted 13th January 2017 in Mirpur Pakistan.

Documents a Sheffield on the 23rd January 2017 and received back on the 26th January 2017.

Received a call from HO regarding my second employment. ( I have 2 jobs) salary is £22,000.

Received a case not straightforward & a hold email on the 7th March 2017.

Since then heard nothing.

Applied in uk (Sheffield)

Online tracker not working for me..

So stressed out.. Been over 6 months now
Call Home Office
1: To check the status of your application
2: To ask them to Escalate your Case

ALSO

Speak to your MP to write them a letter.