ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Can I apply if Overstayer ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

washtenaw
Newly Registered

FLR (M) - Can I apply if Overstayer ???

Post by washtenaw » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 pm

I am currently an overstayer of over 8 years.

My partner (we have lived together for as long as I have overstayed, and we are not married/ in a civil partnership) has just reached the income requirement.

Can I apply for an FLR (M) ? Or do I have to apply for an FLR (FP) because I am currently in the UK in breach of immigration rules ?

I do NOT want to make an out of country application at present. I understand that this may be the best option at present but for various reasons I don't believe this is particularly appropriate i.e. medical reasons etc.
Modify message

donwilliams
Ghana

Re: FLR (M) - Can I apply if Overstayer ???

Post by donwilliams » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:16 pm

As an overstayer, you can't apply for flr(m) but you can qualify for flr(fp) 10 year route. Wait for the admins to give you a better explanation.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Can I apply if Overstayer ???

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Unless you have children together you will have to submit compelling evidence in your FLR(FP) Partner application to show why you are unable to settle outside of the UK together.

What nationality is your partner?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.