ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

degtom
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by degtom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:11 pm

faisal3100 wrote:
Hello Degtom,

Thank you so much!

Actually, in our previous attempt, VFS Lahore Office did not scan our document and return the original document by saying: it is not required.

Now do you have a copy of checklist as a proof?

I really hope you will get the EEA family permit soon.

-Faisal
I just had a look through the documents returned to me. No, the checklist was submitted at the counter after I ticked the list off, and not returned to me.

I realise now I did receive two printed receipts - one stating my biometrics have been taken, and the other stating my application for the "Visa Category of EEA, Sub-Visa Category: Family Member of an EEA national" have been received at this centre.

I am to bring the second mentioned receipt back to the centre when notified to collect my passport.

I was also told at the centre, the outcome should be known within 15 working days. However, I see on this thread that many wait up to 3 months before you can put in an enquiry? Did they ask you to wait three months from the start or you called after the 15 days and was told to wait 3 mths?

We opted for this Permit cos I am applying alone here and am apart from my husband, and the waiting time stated on Home Office website (back before I found this forum so I was not aware of the various possible delays) was much shorter (15 working days) than the other visa I am eligible for - the 2.5year spouse visa of a UK PR (which states 12 weeks waiting time for out-of-UK applications).

I checked the estimated timing on the beta Home Office website and for EEA Family Permit applications originating from Singapore, based on May 2017 figures, 100% decisions were made in 5 (!) working days.
Today is my 5th working day from submission of biometrics and documents, and nope nothing yet. I am certainly learning to temper my expectations after reading through this thread, although I'd still like to be most hopeful and reunite with him soon.

Just to be sure - what is the next thing I should be looking out for? Is it an email from Sheffield stating they have received my documents and are presently assessing my application?
Do all applications get to have that? Or do some people just receive an email straight about outcome? (I understand too that some receive email about not straightforward but this usually comes after an acknowledgement from Sheffield that your application is received and under assessment?)

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi all,

seems most people from hi risk countries such as pakistan, india etc are experiencing delays where marriage of convenience is more likely.

Anyone experienced delays from commonwealth countries such as Canada, New Zealand??

Samart387
Newly Registered

Post by Samart387 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know what I should do to get my passport back with or with out the EAA FAMILY PERMIT? I have an emergency and I need to travel yet my passport is held in Sheffield and that my visa application was not straight forward therefore escalated .
At the moment I don't care about the visa but to get my passport back .
I applied from Madrid on 28th . I have paid money to contact the UKVI but their emails are really vague and no solution has been gotten.
Any advise?

Kind regards
Samuel

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:35 am

Samart387 wrote:Hello everyone,
Does anyone know what I should do to get my passport back with or with out the EAA FAMILY PERMIT? I have an emergency and I need to travel yet my passport is held in Sheffield and that my visa application was not straight forward therefore escalated .
At the moment I don't care about the visa but to get my passport back .
I applied from Madrid on 28th . I have paid money to contact the UKVI but their emails are really vague and no solution has been gotten.
Any advise?

Kind regards
Samuel
1. Currently visa processing time for Span 120 working days.
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits

2.As far as I know, your passport has been not sent to Sheffield. Should be at Madrid Visa Section.

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

degtom wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:
Hello Degtom,

Thank you so much!

Actually, in our previous attempt, VFS Lahore Office did not scan our document and return the original document by saying: it is not required.

Now do you have a copy of checklist as a proof?

I really hope you will get the EEA family permit soon.

-Faisal
I just had a look through the documents returned to me. No, the checklist was submitted at the counter after I ticked the list off, and not returned to me.

I realise now I did receive two printed receipts - one stating my biometrics have been taken, and the other stating my application for the "Visa Category of EEA, Sub-Visa Category: Family Member of an EEA national" have been received at this centre.

I am to bring the second mentioned receipt back to the centre when notified to collect my passport.

I was also told at the centre, the outcome should be known within 15 working days. However, I see on this thread that many wait up to 3 months before you can put in an enquiry? Did they ask you to wait three months from the start or you called after the 15 days and was told to wait 3 mths?

We opted for this Permit cos I am applying alone here and am apart from my husband, and the waiting time stated on Home Office website (back before I found this forum so I was not aware of the various possible delays) was much shorter (15 working days) than the other visa I am eligible for - the 2.5year spouse visa of a UK PR (which states 12 weeks waiting time for out-of-UK applications).

I checked the estimated timing on the beta Home Office website and for EEA Family Permit applications originating from Singapore, based on May 2017 figures, 100% decisions were made in 5 (!) working days.
Today is my 5th working day from submission of biometrics and documents, and nope nothing yet. I am certainly learning to temper my expectations after reading through this thread, although I'd still like to be most hopeful and reunite with him soon.

Just to be sure - what is the next thing I should be looking out for? Is it an email from Sheffield stating they have received my documents and are presently assessing my application?
Do all applications get to have that? Or do some people just receive an email straight about outcome? (I understand too that some receive email about not straightforward but this usually comes after an acknowledgement from Sheffield that your application is received and under assessment?)
Hello Detgom,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

So, it seems I will not get any invoice/proof stating what original documents I have submitted in VFS office. Right?

To reply to your questions. In our case, it was first acknowledgement email for document received preceding "Not straightforward" email at day 15 from sheffield, UK.

But I think in your case, as an application from Singapore processed within 5 days. You might get the straight decision and I hope you will get the positive decision soon.

Best of luck!

-Faisal

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi Fasal,

Sorry to hear about the refusal, I would like to know how long after you came to know your result.

Also in regards to original documents it's nothing to worry they send it along with the passport.

Awaiting for your timeline.

Modiiiii
Newly Registered

Post by Modiiiii » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Good evening everyone.
I'm applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT for egypt Cairo
3Rd April 2017 and processing time in Egypt show
It's 60 working days is 100% for decision but now
We are 73 working days and now any information
We call HO and ask they say it's still processing
We send email we wait for reply.

Please if anyone have same situation say us
Wait for comments.

Thanks.

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:24 am

Modiiiii wrote:Good evening everyone.
I'm applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT for egypt Cairo
3Rd April 2017 and processing time in Egypt show
It's 60 working days is 100% for decision but now
We are 73 working days and now any information
We call HO and ask they say it's still processing
We send email we wait for reply.

Please if anyone have same situation say us
Wait for comments.

Thanks.
Hi,

Are you sure it's still 60days? My husband applied for EEA Family Permit from Morocco and they recently changed processing time form 60 to 90days. Please double check as it may have changed for you also.

Modiiiii
Newly Registered

Post by Modiiiii » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi, agnieszka

Which date that your husband applied?

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Esperan24 wrote:Hi Fasal,

Sorry to hear about the refusal, I would like to know how long after you came to know your result.

Also in regards to original documents it's nothing to worry they send it along with the passport.

Awaiting for your timeline.
Hi Esperan24

Here's my timeline:
Application submitted online: 21 March 2017
Biometrics submitted at Visa Centre: 23 March 2017
online application has been received in Sheffield, UK 27 March 2017
"Not straightforward" email: 04 April 2017
Application decided: 6 June 2017
Decision has been made to application notification by email: 8 June 2017
I contacted them by email. got reply after 2/3 days that case escalated and forwarded to relevant department email: 3 July, 2017
application has been conclude and has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre today email: 4 July 2017
Application received at VFS, Lahore centre 5 July
Passport picked with refusal on 6 July 2017 :)

Note: Discussion was made email received on 8 June and got the passport on 6 July.

Best of luck everyone!

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Modiiiii wrote:Hi, agnieszka

Which date that your husband applied?
Modiiiii,

My husband applied on 05/06/2017, he had bio metrics taken on 15/06/2017 and received "not straightforward" email on 28/06/2017 and we are waiting since then.
We don't expect our case to be processed soon.

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 pm

what country is your husband a national of?

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:18 pm

He is Moroccan, applied from Rabat/Morocco.

savnmarie
Newly Registered

Post by savnmarie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:27 am

hi everyone, ive applied from mumbai,india and still awaiting a decision,here is my timeline;
5th May- application submited and biometrics done on same day
10th May-application received email from sheffield
23rd May-Not straightforward Email
11th July-i sent a paid email inquiry asking for a answer and escalation
13th july- got a reply from them saying Awaiting Decision and that settlement visas are targetted to be completed in 60 days???? and now its 53 working days still no email about the decision

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi,

My husband applied for EEA1 from Delhi on 12th April 2017 and still waiting for decision.
(First time got refused after 12 days)

I was trying to check status of application here but it is not working.
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm

I would like to ask please, how did you check status of your application? I was also trying to check status of our application here: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
but did not recognise our reference number.
Thank you :)

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Enka2018 wrote:I would like to ask please, how did you check status of your application? I was also trying to check status of our application here: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
Hi,

I also tried this one before, not working for me either.

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi All,

I have used this forum quite a bit to read situations related to our case so thought I owe to this forum a response for a positive news.

We applied for EEA Family permit for my parents as they are getting old to come here and live with us and with their grand children. We applied in 2016 they rejected on the basis that according to them they didn't think that my parents were dependent on us(Despite money transfer) and they didn't consider them as my wife (EEA national's) direct family member which was wrong as per law they are direct family member. We seek an advise through this forum and appealed with add. docs. but only did a paper appeal which was rejected by the judge because of all the stupid reasons as they didn't think my wife was a qualifying person despite the entry clearance officer admitted that she is a qualifying person.

This time we seek advise from a lawyer who didn't do much different to what we orignally did but wrote a lengthy and a good letter covering all the basis but this time using the guidance from HO and backing up with the same docs. including the appeal docs. and my parents just received the FP

Here is our timeline if it helps anyone waiting.
1- Applied on 12/04/2017 from Karachi - Pak
2- Bio metrics on 24/04/2017
3- Application Rec 26/04/2017
4- First Not straightforward email 05/05/2017
5- Esclated by using paid email service 24/06/2017
6- Requested more info Just basic detail i.e. DOB/Ref number and Passport no. on 27/06/2017
7- Received an email as confirmation of escalation and to wait for 15 working days on 06/07/2017
8- Status on Application status portal changed to Decided on 12/07/2017
9- (This part is weird) received an email that the decision is still not being made as it is not a straight forward case and we cannot advise you about the time it will take. 13/07/2017 a day after the status changed to decided
10- Today Dad receive a call to come and collect the passports 21/07/2017

Hope this help. All the best All

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:58 am

Congratulations dude!

chika wrote:Hi All,

I have used this forum quite a bit to read situations related to our case so thought I owe to this forum a response for a positive news.

We applied for EEA Family permit for my parents as they are getting old to come here and live with us and with their grand children. We applied in 2016 they rejected on the basis that according to them they didn't think that my parents were dependent on us(Despite money transfer) and they didn't consider them as my wife (EEA national's) direct family member which was wrong as per law they are direct family member. We seek an advise through this forum and appealed with add. docs. but only did a paper appeal which was rejected by the judge because of all the stupid reasons as they didn't think my wife was a qualifying person despite the entry clearance officer admitted that she is a qualifying person.

This time we seek advise from a lawyer who didn't do much different to what we orignally did but wrote a lengthy and a good letter covering all the basis but this time using the guidance from HO and backing up with the same docs. including the appeal docs. and my parents just received the FP

Here is our timeline if it helps anyone waiting.
1- Applied on 12/04/2017 from Karachi - Pak
2- Bio metrics on 24/04/2017
3- Application Rec 26/04/2017
4- First Not straightforward email 05/05/2017
5- Esclated by using paid email service 24/06/2017
6- Requested more info Just basic detail i.e. DOB/Ref number and Passport no. on 27/06/2017
7- Received an email as confirmation of escalation and to wait for 15 working days on 06/07/2017
8- Status on Application status portal changed to Decided on 12/07/2017
9- (This part is weird) received an email that the decision is still not being made as it is not a straight forward case and we cannot advise you about the time it will take. 13/07/2017 a day after the status changed to decided
10- Today Dad receive a call to come and collect the passports 21/07/2017

Hope this help. All the best All

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:22 am

Enka2018 wrote:I would like to ask please, how did you check status of your application? I was also trying to check status of our application here: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
Hi Enka2018

My wife have applied from Delhi too on 19/04/2017, She was refused for the first time and the decision was made within 9 working days. I have escalated our case 4 times still no response I think it will take us 120 working days to get the decision. That link works for applicants who have applied from inside U.K. Like sending documents from U.K. To Sheffield. It dose work for applicants who have applied from outside U.K. Once the decision is made otherwise it will just say reference number not recognised

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Ajmal, thanx for reply, 120 days is too many, according to law cannot exceed 30 days, I also complained to SOLVIT and local MP-Ombudsman , but UKVI ignored SOLVIT. Lets see if MP will do anything about that.
I am also thinking to claim for compensation. Has anyone claimed for compensation? If yes, where did you make a claim?

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Hola Kaoumani! Do you speak spanish ya? Because I can answer in english if you want!

Yo también soy española y estoy casada con un Albanés el cual también aplicó el 26 Mayo 2017 en Madrid una Visa EEA Family Permit para Inglaterra. Esos mensajes que tú has recibido también los he recibido yo al pasar los 15 días que se supone que debería estar la decisión, pero no. Miré en la pagina del gobierno de UK y decía que era un máximo de 60 días, entonces, este 21 Agosto se cumplen mis 60 días donde se supone que ya deben haber decidido la decisión. La cuestión es, ayer me dió por mirar la pagina de GOV.UK processing times y resulta que hay una nueva actualización donde dice que hay que esperar 120 dias laborables!! Me tiré de los pelos porque no lo creía y ahora nosé si eso me incluye a mí que la apliqué el 26 de Mayo o es para los que han aplicado a partir del 31 Mayo... asi que, haz como yo, espera 60 días y si no viene nada, manda un email (que ahora cuesta 5,40£) y que te digan si tienes que esperar esos 120 días, si es así, yo tengo pensado pagar 220£ para que me aceleren el proceso.

Un saludo y ojalá te venga que SI!!

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey guys!

I am Spanish and my husband is Albanian and he got the Spanish Residence for be married with me, then he apllied for a Visa EEA Family Permit for UK in 26 May 2017 from Madrid, Spain.
Then, I checked the page of the Government of the Uk before where it said I had to wait a maximum of 60 working days. OK, all right. But just yesterday I went back to review the site Government and says that there is a new update from may 2017 and should now wait 120 working days!!
That's really sad for me and my husband, and I wonder if we have to wait 60 or 120 days. Since we apply on May 26 where page said 60 days and even in Madrid they told the same thing. Please help me to resolve this doubt because we are in Spain without know nothing or nobody that answer, and in Madrid saying they don't know nothing.

Thank you very much for everything and I hope you can answer.

Ana

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Ana,

I have the same problem, my husband has to be now apart from me, everywhere they have recently changed processing times for longer. For Delhi is the same. In February used to be 10 days and now 120.
I am thinking to claim for ex-gratia compensation.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:04 am

Hi! Oh really..?
Well, I think that it is the best yes... or pay €220 "Visa premium" that accelerate the procedure. If I have not received my visa in 60 days I will call and if they tell me that I have to wait longer then will have to pay that money.