ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu to marry Eu, family visa question.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsurferguy

Non-eu to marry Eu, family visa question.

Post by jsurferguy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi, i am a citizen of south africa, have been in the uk since 2002 and just this september when i applied for my extension of stay for my student visa, it got refuse. I went to the appeal process and won my appeal and awaiting the home office to place the visa back on my passport. I also met my girlfriend here in london, 2 years ago, we've planned to go get married in mauritius this year in june. We read all we could to see what we need to get married and managed to get all the required documents.
My girlfriend has been in the uk for 2 years, she is studying as well. She also has a work registration certificate also has a residence certificate (eea1) as a student. First i would like to know if the appeal process would affect my application if i am applying as an eea family member ?
Is there any other documents i require if i am applying for the family visa with my girfriend to come back to london ?
what would i require to have to apply for a family visa, as i would be her husband by then.

i would be grateful for any advice i can get.

thanks
Last edited by jsurferguy on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maggie14
Newly Registered

Re: Non-eu to marry Eu, family visa question.

Post by maggie14 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:45 am

jsurferguy wrote:Hi, i am a citizen of mauritius, have been in the uk since 2002 and just this september when i applied for my extension of stay for my student visa, it got refuse. I went to the appeal process and won my appeal and awaiting the home office to place the visa back on my passport. I also met my girlfriend here in london, 2 years ago, we've planned to go get married in mauritius this year in june. We read all we could to see what we need to get married and managed to get all the required documents.
My girlfriend has been in the uk for 2 years, she is studying as well. She also has a work registration certificate also has a residence certificate (eea1) as a student. First i would like to know if the appeal process would affect my application if i am applying as an eea family member ?
Is there any other documents i require if i am applying for the family visa with my girfriend to come back to london ?
what would i require to have to apply for a family visa, as i would be her husband by then.

thanks
you got to supply many things as i wrote for someoneelse.if u are husband of EU citizen is not way for them to refuse visa unless they can prove u are a danger for public health or security but you have to provide lots of documents to show that your marriage is not a sham marriage as u have met before:photos,cards,letters from friends,even bills with your name togeder make some photo at airport with your family and togeder when u arrive in mauritius after rings receipr,marriage certificate ,receipt from party photos from weddings,photos from honeymoon and receipt from hotel thet u live togeder in the same room and etc are so many things to provide better go via solicitor and he will tell u what to do properly for u to have succes.regards,maggie14

jsurferguy

Re: Non-eu to marry Eu, family visa question.

Post by jsurferguy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:44 am

maggie14 wrote:
jsurferguy wrote:Hi, i am a citizen of mauritius, have been in the uk since 2002 and just this september when i applied for my extension of stay for my student visa, it got refuse. I went to the appeal process and won my appeal and awaiting the home office to place the visa back on my passport. I also met my girlfriend here in london, 2 years ago, we've planned to go get married in mauritius this year in june. We read all we could to see what we need to get married and managed to get all the required documents.

thanks
you got to supply many things as i wrote for someoneelse.if u are husband of EU citizen is not way for them to refuse visa unless they can prove u are a danger for public health or security but you have to provide lots of documents to show that your marriage is not a sham marriage as u have met before:photos,cards,letters from friends,even bills with your name togeder make some photo at airport with your family and togeder when u arrive in mauritius after rings receipr,marriage certificate ,receipt from party photos from weddings,photos from honeymoon and receipt from hotel thet u live togeder in the same room and etc are so many things to provide better go via solicitor and he will tell u what to do properly for u to have succes.regards,maggie14
Many thaks maggie ! you were very helpful ! i also know they require to see your bank statement ? me and my girlfriend have a joint account together, but i was wondering, if you do know how much they expect the balance of your statement to be as we are both student and trying to save as much as we can for the wedding :) thanks