ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Full time Employment benefits on Tier 1 visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaz007

Full time Employment benefits on Tier 1 visa

Post by shaz007 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:09 pm

HI all,

I have got a question regarding employees, I have hired 2 full-time employees in my Entrepreneur visa, Now Do I have to put them into pension and employees benefits schemes as well? is it mandatory ? is there any requirement that HO will look into?

Second question
I have been doing my own advertising and marketing of my business myself, Do I need to show them third party advertising like paying to someone else to advertise my business?

Please help me in clearing the confusion.
Especially senior members, Zimba

Many thanks in Advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Full time Employment benefits on Tier 1 visa

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 pm

I have got a question regarding employees, I have hired 2 full-time employees in my Entrepreneur visa, Now Do I have to put them into pension and employees benefits schemes as well? is it mandatory ? is there any requirement that HO will look into?
Yes. You need to comply with the law as outlined under the Pension Act 2008, after reaching your staging date.
Seek advice from a suitable pension advisor.
Second question
I have been doing my own advertising and marketing of my business myself, Do I need to show them third party advertising like paying to someone else to advertise my business?
No. There is no such requirement for Tier 1E extension/ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 pm

shaz007 wrote:HI all,

This has nothing to do with your T1E visa except to the extent that you are expected to follow all the rules, including those set out for Pensions.

Yes, pensions have been made mandatory in the UK, but there are various conditions, so check what your require with the Pensions regulator
shaz007 wrote:Second question

Please help me in clearing the confusion.
Especially senior members, Zimba

Many thanks in Advance
No such requirement. HO does not dictate (and they cannot) how you conduct your business. Make those decisions in the best interest of the business - not with the visa in mind
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 pm

...even after automatic enrolment of Eligible Employee after the Staging Date, and employee (eligible) could opt out of the scheme

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org ... opting-out

shaz007

Post by shaz007 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:02 pm

ok Thank you all for clearing up my confusion :) I really appreciate it Many Thanks