ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview Overseas UK Passporapplication for child born abro

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ddranade
Newly Registered

Interview Overseas UK Passporapplication for child born abro

Post by ddranade » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 am

We have been asked to appear for a video interview now. But I'm struggling to schedule one. However, the UK numbers that are given are not at all reachable. They are 01913708167/7286/7393 and 7265. Has anyone been in this situation before? What did you do? Also,

1. Typically how much time it takes after the video interview?
2. Can we give the video interview at the local VFS office (in our case it is Pune)?
3. Do both parents have to be present at the video interview?
4. Are there any alternate numbers to schedule the video interview?
5. Does the baby need to be present for the interview?

So, I'm looking for any leads that will help me book a video interview. Please guys your responses will be hugely helpful. Thanks.

j-i-j-o
Newly Registered

Re: Interview Overseas UK Passporapplication for child born

Post by j-i-j-o » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi - were you able to get any further.? Will be interesting to know and hear about your experience.

I've also applied for my child's passport from Chennai (VFS) on 03rd June and nothing yet from them. But I know it takes around 6 to 8 weeks to get an interview. And that subsequently gets the ball rolling.

good luck

j-i-j-o
Newly Registered

Post by j-i-j-o » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:44 pm

j-i-j-o wrote:Hi - were you able to get any further.? Will be interesting to know and hear about your experience.

I've also applied for my child's passport from Chennai (VFS) on 03rd June and nothing yet from them. But I know it takes around 6 to 8 weeks to get an interview. And that subsequently gets the ball rolling.

good luck
sorry 13th and not 3rd June

ddranade
Newly Registered

Post by ddranade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi J-i-j-o,

Yes, We could eventually crack through the long queue and get hold of someone on the same numbers and secure and interview for 2nd August.

I would say start expecting some activity after about 3-4 weeks and then expect to get an interview after about 8 weeks time.

Good Luck !

j-i-j-o
Newly Registered

Post by j-i-j-o » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Glad to hear you cracked it. So did you just keep dialing those numbers they gave you till you could get through?
Also did they need the baby at the interview? And both the parents too or either?

Yeah it's been 5 weeks plus since we've applied and nothing yet for an interview and/or any email either. So can't really do much.

Please keep up posted and update us on how the interview goes.

Good luck. and Thanks,
j-i-j-o

ddranade
Newly Registered

Post by ddranade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Yes, kept on trying until Incould reach them finally.

I think either of the parents and the kid should be okay to attend.

Good Luck with the rest of the application process. Will keep you updated soon.