ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi all

I submitted my online application on the 10th January 2017.

Biometrics submitted 13th January 2017 in Mirpur Pakistan.

Documents a Sheffield on the 23rd January 2017 and received back on the 26th January 2017.

Received a call from HO regarding my second employment. ( I have 2 jobs) salary is £22,000.

Received a case not straightforward & a hold email on the 7th March 2017.

Since then heard nothing.

Applied in uk (Sheffield)

Online tracker not working for me..

So stressed out.. Been over 6 months now
Is ur salary 22k combined? Also was your application priority?

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:51 am

levisworkedupon wrote:

Documents a Sheffield on the 23rd January 2017 and received back on the 26th January 2017.

Received a call from HO regarding my second employment. ( I have 2 jobs) salary is £22,000.

Call Home Office
1: To check the status of your application
2: To ask them to Escalate your Case

ALSO

Speak to your MP to write them a letter.
My experience with the mp has been pretty much crap! Completely useless and did nothng more than what i have already done! Worth a try I guess

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:56 am

Hi all

Today I received an email saying that the standard visa processing time is 6 months ?!? When did that happen ?!? It was 3 months earlier ?!?! What are they upto ?!?

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:59 am

Geet1328 wrote:Hi all

Today I received an email saying that the standard visa processing time is 6 months ?!? When did that happen ?!? It was 3 months earlier ?!?! What are they upto ?!?
I emailed them today and they said to me it was 12 weeks on priority? Is yours a standard application? I don't think they know what their talking about to be honest.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:08 am

Sweetlarkee wrote:

I emailed them today and they said to me it was 12 weeks on priority? Is yours a standard application? I don't think they know what their talking about to be honest.
Yes it is standard ... but earlier it was mentioned even told my VFS guys that standard takes about 3 months and priority is much earlier and now the mail says .. 6 months for standard and priority cases can only be escalated after 12 weeks ... I mean do they even know what they are saying ?!?! How I wish this HO was open to visit ....

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 am

Geet1328 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:

Yes it is standard ... but earlier it was mentioned even told my VFS guys that standard takes about 3 months and priority is much earlier and now the mail says .. 6 months for standard and priority cases can only be escalated after 12 weeks ... I mean do they even know what they are saying ?!?! How I wish this HO was open to visit ....
Oh okay! I thought priority is now taking up to 60 days and standard around 6 months! Its so frustrating hun and I am exactly in the same boat as you! My 60 days are up in 9 days so lets see where that takes us! They know they would get so kuch grief hence why it is not open to visit lol

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 am

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:

Oh okay! I thought priority is now taking up to 60 days and standard around 6 months! Its so frustrating hun and I am exactly in the same boat as you! My 60 days are up in 9 days so lets see where that takes us! They know they would get so kuch grief hence why it is not open to visit lol
Yeah you are right !!! Frustration at its peak !!
Let's see what happens

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:20 am

Hi

Mine is not even standard it's priority and I still don't know why I didn't receive the decision being waiting for 5 months no email from them nothing

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 am

Ariesfub wrote:Hi

Mine is not even standard it's priority and I still don't know why I didn't receive the decision being waiting for 5 months no email from them nothing
Where have you applied from hun? I emailed them today and this is the reply I recieved?

Thank you for your enquiry dated on 20/07/2017.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
Your patience will be highly appreciated.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the
requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you
need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Have you escalated?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:46 am

Sweetlarkee wrote:

Where have you applied from hun? I emailed them today and this is the reply I recieved?

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the
requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you
need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Have you escalated?
Oh it the same typical standard reply that even I got .... gawd !! These guys no nothing

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:16 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:The number given online

Can anyone confirm the meaning
APPLICATION CONSIDERED AND AWAITING APPROVAL ?
Hi Levis,

As per my knowledge this means Application has been passed payments and cleared other stages, might be an ECO has diagnosed and might be waiting for a decision by a Senior Manager.

I think some people are in wrong impression that this means their application got approved and just waiting for dispatch. I really don't think so . becoz UKVI never ever disclose application status success or failure.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:19 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:The number given online

Can anyone confirm the meaning
APPLICATION CONSIDERED AND AWAITING APPROVAL ?
Hi Levis,

As per my knowledge this means Application has been passed payments and cleared other stages, might be an ECO has diagnosed and might be waiting for a decision by a Senior Manager.

I think some people are in wrong impression that this means their application got approved and just waiting for dispatch. I really don't think so . becoz UKVI never ever disclose application status success or failure.
I checked the same today " application being considered and awaiting a decision " as I received the same ... they say it means that a decision is still not made and the concerned officer is reviewing your application

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 pm

So this time they didnt say you application is on hold rather this awaiting decision status ,
So maybe the hold been lifted up ?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:22 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:So this time they didnt say you application is on hold rather this awaiting decision status ,
Maybe ... I'm hoping so

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Geet ,
What Application status were you previously been told?
Like in my case i was told once when i tried for escalation that " WE ARE SORRY YOU APP IS ON HOLD HENCE CANT BE ESCALATED"

THEN ALSO BEFORE THE ABOVE STATUS I WAS TOLD
" THERE ARE NO UPDATES"

And now it changed to " App considered & awaiting approval " since 8th july

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:44 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Geet ,
Like in my case i was told once when i tried for escalation that " WE ARE SORRY YOU APP IS ON HOLD HENCE CANT BE ESCALATED"

" THERE ARE NO UPDATES"

In my case it was awaiting decision earlier on ... them till last month it said " on hold " but now when I mailed them they said it was never on hold and my application is being considered and is awaiting a decision... so I really don't know whom to believe and what's going on

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:So this time they didnt say you application is on hold rather this awaiting decision status ,
Maybe ... I'm hoping so
They are really pissing me off since Monday we have email them and was told awaiting decision. Now today we received an email stated application still on hold and can't be escalated.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:10 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:

Call Home Office
1: To check the status of your application
2: To ask them to Escalate your Case

ALSO

Speak to your MP to write them a letter.

Hi

Status of the application is showing has awaiting decision.

They did escalate but nothing.

MP contacted the HO and they replied back saying my application is on hold due to not meeting the minimum income requirement!
She send them another email with my proof of income and they replied back again stating my proof of documents will be sent to the relevant department but won't get looked into until the hold is on. Once the hold of removed they will consider etc.

MP sent another email stating the hold shouldn't be on when I do meet the minimum income?!

Just waited on a reply now.

They are useless!!! Honestly

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:16 pm

[quote="Sweetlarkee"

Is ur salary 22k combined? Also was your application priority?[/quote]

Yes salary combined. No application was not a priority

Y123m
United Kingdom

Post by Y123m » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 pm

The Home secretary will today respond to the supreme court ruling made on 22 February 2017. I hope this is good news for all of us.

Fingers crossed

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... 20/HCWS95/

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Geet1328 wrote:

" THERE ARE NO UPDATES"

In my case it was awaiting decision earlier on ... them till last month it said " on hold " but now when I mailed them they said it was never on hold and my application is being considered and is awaiting a decision... so I really don't know whom to believe and what's going on
They told me this "considered and awaiting decision, final stage" when I called them for the first time on 30th June which was 48 working days in our case. We then got the decided email and the tracker worked, two weeks later on 15th July. I can only share my experience and what I read into it but I think this can be understood to be positive and hopefully your decision is close.

Somebody has already mentioned that due to corruption and more stringent checking, spouse applications are now assessed by several ECO and then signed off by a senior manager. It's just my opinion, but I guess if this is the case, each ECO must make a report and a decision on each application. These are all collected together and reviewed by a senior manager. I take considered and awaiting a decision to mean that it is now with a senior manager for final review.

This extended process coupled with the fact that they do have a backlog would go some way to explaining why every application is taking so much longer to decide.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:[quote="Sweetlarkee"

Is ur salary 22k combined? Also was your application priority?
Yes salary combined. No application was not a priority[/quote]

I also have a combined salary of 22k however I don't seem to have received any further emails? That's very bizarre that they are saying you don't earn enough as you are well over the 18600 threshold!

Y123m
United Kingdom

Post by Y123m » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:44 pm

The Home Secretary has announced the changes to the immigration rules. Hopefully this means decision making resumes on applications which have been put on hold.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:

Have you escalated?

I've applied from India and been just waiting, no on hold email or anything. Whenever we call them they say it's in progress, what does that mean?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:18 pm

SimonS wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

" THERE ARE NO UPDATES"

They told me this "considered and awaiting decision, final stage" when I called them for the first time on 30th June which was 48 working days in our case. We then got the decided email and the tracker worked, two weeks later on 15th July. I can only share my experience and what I read into it but I think this can be understood to be positive and hopefully your decision is close.

Somebody has already mentioned that due to corruption and more stringent checking, spouse applications are now assessed by several ECO and then signed off by a senior manager. It's just my opinion, but I guess if this is the case, each ECO must make a report and a decision on each application. These are all collected together and reviewed by a senior manager. I take considered and awaiting a decision to mean that it is now with a senior manager for final review.

This extended process coupled with the fact that they do have a backlog would go some way to explaining why every application is taking so much longer to decide.

Thank you so much for the information.. so can I be little hopeful ...maybe the senior manager is going through the file :)