ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my application be refused?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Will my application be refused?

Post by bedruzenka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Please can someone help me. I am from EU and I have been living in uk since 2000.
Last week I went to apply for British citizenship through nationality service check.
The lady checked and copied all the forms and she said everything was fine.
Now after speaking to my friend today I'm panicking because it seems that I filled in wrong form for permanent residency. I was told to use eea(qp) form and not eea(pr) last year for permanent residency.Will my application for British citizenship be refused??
Will they keep all the fee i paid? Shall I cancel my cheque I send with the form?
I'd appreciate any advise.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will my application be refused?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Yes it will be refused if you did not submit a document certifying permanent residence. Yes you will lose the fee.

You can try.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you for your reply
Can I please ask what is the eea(qp) form for?
I was told by CAB last year it was for permanent residency for people from EU.
Thank you

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm also confused why they didn't tell me at the nationality service check that I had wrong documents.I thought it was to check all documents were correct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 pm

EEA QP is for a residence certificate, different to a PR document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-qp

Unless you can post exactly what your card says on, we will be guessing.

You should also be aware that CAB are not always very familiar with immigration matters.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Thank you for your reply
I have a blue card which folds and says residence documentation on it.
I didn't realise the nationality service check people weren't knowledgeable on this issue.
I spend an hour there going through everything and she never mentioned I was missing anything.

mian1

Post by mian1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:51 pm

hi
on the advise point if the fee is still not processed i think you should cancel your card before They take the fee.
2nd thing if the fee is already Processed might help is Fill in the right Application form and send it with a cover letter and explain the situation that might be helpful and they process your application .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Another user posted a refusal of his application recently after also submitting a residence certificate instead of a document certifying permanent residence.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 34986.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Thank you for your replies
Yes I read that person's post
But nobody seems to be able to answer on here why the nationality service check people at council didn't tell me I had wrong documents.
What is the service for then?
Shall I use immigration lawyer next time in case I miss something else?
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:11 pm

NCS is only a 3rd party agent for home office, they are not immigration advisors and are not employed by HO.

A lawyer is also not needed. It is a fairly simple application if you have all the documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Thank you for your advise
Yes I was told it was simple application.
Could I please ask a question regarding the residency?
Is it true once I get the residency I'll have to wait 12 months to be able to apply for British citizenship?
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:01 am

You attain PR automatically as an EU citizen. The PR card is only confirmation of the status.

You can apply for citizenship 12 months after you ATTAINED your PR status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:30 am

I called the immigration this morning and I was told to cancel my cheque. I was also advised to put a compliant with my council regarding nationality service check and not to use them for British citizenship application.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:47 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Thank you
I have looked at the post. I know it's my fault but I was told by the home office this morning that nationality service check people should have told me I had the wrong document. The problem is they both look the same only the wording inside is different.

lon017

Post by lon017 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:55 pm

bedruzenka wrote:Thank you
I have looked at the post. I know it's my fault but I was told by the home office this morning that nationality service check people should have told me I had the wrong document. The problem is they both look the same only the wording inside is different.
You do not have to wait another year after DCPR is issued to apply for Citizenship. What you need to know is, if, when you acquire the right of permanent residence.

If I were you I would write to HO requesting this date. This is what I done and after 6 days of posting it, I received a response stating the date. The date you "acquired a right to permanent residence" has nothing to do with the date Document Certifying Permanent Residence (DCPR) is issued, (Blue Paper Card).

In case you need to apply for DCPR send them documents as far back as you can.You mention you came to UK in 2000. P60, Council Tax Letters, P45, Pay Slips, Bank Statements are the most important ones.
But remember: Even if you are from EU there are Treats to comply with. Have you?
Maybe you already hold it and are overreacting.
Good Luck.

bedruzenka
Newly Registered

Post by bedruzenka » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Thank you for your advise
I was told by home office that the PR card has been mandatory for people from EU since November 2015 and without it I can't apply for British citizenship. It makes no difference how many years I've lived in Uk.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 pm

bedruzenka wrote:Thank you for your advise
I was told by home office that the PR card has been mandatory for people from EU since November 2015 and without it I can't apply for British citizenship. It makes no difference how many years I've lived in Uk.
Correct
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.