ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR & Naturalisation processing timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Minister in row on residence rights for skilled immigrants
http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/irelan ... 51904.html
A sharp disagreement arose yesterday between Minister of State for Integration Conor Lenihan and the Immigrant Council of Ireland (ICI) over residence rights for highly skilled migrants.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Can you post the full article?

Regards

Ch

archigabe wrote:Minister in row on residence rights for skilled immigrants
http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/irelan ... 51904.html
A sharp disagreement arose yesterday between Minister of State for Integration Conor Lenihan and the Immigrant Council of Ireland (ICI) over residence rights for highly skilled migrants.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:05 pm

By looking @ this article, I think my previous post's predictions are coming true :evil: and its now starting to P*** me off.
(If DoJ will keep this same attitude towards LTR & Citizenship applications, will people have to wait 5 years (or more) to get citizenship in near future)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 02182.html

5 years for citizenship application :x JOKE OR WHAT ??

mendo

Post by mendo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:45 pm

Architect's appeal at two-year wait for citizenship

By Michael Brennan Political Correspondent
Friday February 29 2008

An architect who helped organise Charlie Haughey's funeral has hit out at the delays in processing his citizenship application.

Steven Phillips (38), from New Zealand, was one of the people tasked with ensuring there were adequate facilities available for dignitaries and the media at St Fintan's cemetery in Howth in December 2006.

He also was in charge of renovating Justice Minister Brian Lenihan's offices and the offices of Communications Minister Eamon Ryan.

He said last night that he was very frustrated at the two-and-a-quarter year wait for his Irish citizenship application to be processed.

"There's constant waiting and not knowing what's going on. Ireland is my home now and I'm committed to living and working here, and establishing a home with my wife and hopefully a family," he said.

He married his wife, Sandra, in 2006 and is still working with EML architects, which has offices in Dublin and Limerick.

However, his lack of Irish citizenship is making it more difficult for them to get a mortgage and to achieve their plans of setting up a marketing company together.

Mr Phillips said he had sent letters, emails and faxes to the Department of Justice for information about his December 2005 citizenship application but had received few replies.

His case was highlighted in the Dail last night by Fine Gael TD Alan Shatter, who said that his application might not be processed until 2010 due to the huge backlog of cases.

"This is gross maladministration. It is an indication of a public service incapable of providing a public service and it is treating applications made by foreign nationals lawfully working in this country with contempt and disrespect," he said.

There are currently 17,000 people waiting for their citizenship applications to be processed.

- Michael Brennan Political Correspondent

My friend who applied in March 2005 was told after he sent them a letter (they haven't contacted him for years) that his passport copy is not clear, so they can't decide if he is entitled to citizenship.
They blocked his application until he is going to send them a new copy, but this was only after my friend got worried that after three years they haven't contacted him at all and contacted them (they are stating that they are processing applications from "early July 2005") .
DOJ didn't bother to contact him at all and let him know what problems they have with his application.

My friend got his LTR in early 2005 based on the same copy of the passport.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Vaporizer Volcano
Last edited by mendo on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

greentea

Post by greentea » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm

just let you know that on inis website, this is below updates.
'Applications for naturalisation received up to early August 2005 are currently being processed.'
has anybody heard anything.

mendo

Post by mendo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:49 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Applications for naturalisation received up to early August 2005 are currently being processed.

@greentea very good find, I almost missed the update!

Mendo
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES
Last edited by mendo on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:16 pm

mendo wrote:
Architect's appeal at two-year wait for citizenship

By Michael Brennan Political Correspondent
Friday February 29 2008

An architect who helped organise Charlie Haughey's funeral has hit out at the delays in processing his citizenship application.

Steven Phillips (38), from New Zealand, was one of the people tasked with ensuring there were adequate facilities available for dignitaries and the media at St Fintan's cemetery in Howth in December 2006.

He also was in charge of renovating Justice Minister Brian Lenihan's offices and the offices of Communications Minister Eamon Ryan.

He said last night that he was very frustrated at the two-and-a-quarter year wait for his Irish citizenship application to be processed.

"There's constant waiting and not knowing what's going on. Ireland is my home now and I'm committed to living and working here, and establishing a home with my wife and hopefully a family," he said.

He married his wife, Sandra, in 2006 and is still working with EML architects, which has offices in Dublin and Limerick.

However, his lack of Irish citizenship is making it more difficult for them to get a mortgage and to achieve their plans of setting up a marketing company together.

Mr Phillips said he had sent letters, emails and faxes to the Department of Justice for information about his December 2005 citizenship application but had received few replies.

His case was highlighted in the Dail last night by Fine Gael TD Alan Shatter, who said that his application might not be processed until 2010 due to the huge backlog of cases.

"This is gross maladministration. It is an indication of a public service incapable of providing a public service and it is treating applications made by foreign nationals lawfully working in this country with contempt and disrespect," he said.

There are currently 17,000 people waiting for their citizenship applications to be processed.

- Michael Brennan Political Correspondent

My friend who applied in March 2005 was told after he sent them a letter (they haven't contacted him for years) that his passport copy is not clear, so they can't decide if he is entitled to citizenship.
They blocked his application until he is going to send them a new copy, but this was only after my friend got worried that after three years they haven't contacted him at all and contacted them (they are stating that they are processing applications from "early July 2005") .
DOJ didn't bother to contact him at all and let him know what problems they have with his application.

My friend got his LTR in early 2005 based on the same copy of the passport.

Regards,

Mendo

I was told by someone that its OK to send 'colour photocopies' of required documents along with your application to DOJ.
just wondering, has anyone applied for LTR/citizenship with 'colour photocopies' ??

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:16 pm

mendo wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Applications for naturalisation received up to early August 2005 are currently being processed.

@greentea very good find, I almost missed the update!

Mendo
As of April 21th, according to the INIS website:

Applications for naturalisation received in September 2005 are currently being processed.