ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to financial requirements - MM Judgement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Changes to financial requirements - MM Judgement

Post by kamsi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm

alphagear
Member of Standing

Re: Changes to financial requirements - MM Judgement

Post by alphagear » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:55 am

Interesting.

Does this mean all article 8 claimants including ones with british child exception 1 flr fp need to meet MIR or show third party support.

Exception 1 and 2 no longer apply?

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 pm

klite12

Post by klite12 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi,

Sorry I am on my phone so can't find much information on this.

Is the Home Office increasing the minimum income requirement from £18,600? In the last link you posted it says this will impact pending applications also made prior to this change?

I've submitted my application but I did so meeting the £18,600 income threshold?

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi Obie,

Does this mean all article 8 claimants including ones with british child exception 1 flr fp need to meet MIR or show third party support.

Exception 1 and 2 no longer apply?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Read this and the actual MM case, it's about those who are under distress when they cannot meet the required minimum income and how they can be assessed under article 8 rules. Very long winded and the rules, as always, are changing. Keep an eye on this https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-of ... g-mm-case/ as well as https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/updates.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:52 am

Freemovement is a paid site. No point linking it here as many of us won't have access to it.

I'm sure the HO will try to circumvent their own rules. If the family doesn't meet the financial criteria and there are children involved, will they be allowed to live in the UK under article 8 if they show they will be supported by a third party? How can they satisfy the HO? I believe they will still have a precarious family life in the UK. That doesn't mean they will have a better family life in another country either but... What if they can't afford to pay the rent or mortgage, for example? Will they be able to prove that a third party will on their behalf? How? To be honest, I doubt things will change for the better.

bhargav24

Post by bhargav24 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

dear friends what about child visa home office refused 2years ago because of threshold not met . only £250 per year short.are they going to consider these cases as well or have to re-apply .