ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A verbal warning from the police

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hero2k
Newly Registered

A verbal warning from the police

Post by hero2k » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Dear Sirs,

I have previously received a verbal warning from the police officers.
I was told that there would be no written caution to me and they just took notes of my home address.

I have further confirmed with them that there is no need to disclose this on my future visa applications.

Obviously a formal caution would include a lot more further procedures such as interview, acceptance etc.

Please could you let me know if this is correct? Do I still need to disclose it on my visa application?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: A verbal warning from the police

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Taking note of your address and name could mean that they have documented it that you were given a verbal warning.
You don't want to take chances. so I will advise you disclose it in your application and explain what happened. it is better to declare and later find out that it's not on your record than to omit it and then get your visa application refused for not declaring it.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.