ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixelrage09
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 am

It does say that it will affect all DECISIONS made after 10th August. See how they don't mention applications made date? It could be a worrying sign, but there is no way they can retrospectively refuse your visa when you fully met the requirements at the time of application.

Only time will tell..

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:45 am

Hi,
Can I ask for some clarity in regard to the ruling from anyone out there...

So they are basically saying anyone who got the "on hold" email would have been rejected (but they couldn't until the legal update from Supreme court.). From my reading this is the impression i got.

We received the on hold email. Financially I received a gift from my parents, and it had been in my account for over a year (they asked for a minimum of 6 months to legally determine it was yours). I took the full cash savings route.

But I'm reading in the ruling that a letter would also be required to say the money a is not a loan. This was never require post supreme court ruling. Only having the money in your account for 6 months was required.

Will this mean we will be rejected as a result of the new ruling? Retrospectively applying documents required surely isn't right. Will UK Immigration not allow in those situations for such changes to documentation required to then be provided by the sponsor.

And is the right of appeal still there or is it gone?

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:25 am

charlie2000 wrote:Hi,
Can I ask for some clarity in regard to the ruling from anyone out there...

So they are basically saying anyone who got the "on hold" email would have been rejected (but they couldn't until the legal update from Supreme court.). From my reading this is the impression i got.

We received the on hold email. Financially I received a gift from my parents, and it had been in my account for over a year (they asked for a minimum of 6 months to legally determine it was yours). I took the full cash savings route.

But I'm reading in the ruling that a letter would also be required to say the money a is not a loan. This was never require post supreme court ruling. Only having the money in your account for 6 months was required.

Will this mean we will be rejected as a result of the new ruling? Retrospectively applying documents required surely isn't right. Will UK Immigration not allow in those situations for such changes to documentation required to then be provided by the sponsor.

And is the right of appeal still there or is it gone?
Hi charlie2000, I'm in the same kinda situation. I applied under salaried employment and savings for the defecit, and part of those savings were from a cash gift which id had for 7 months at the time of application. I am seriously worried as I've taken the new ruling to mean the same as you - it would have previously been denied but couldn't be until these new rules were published. The gifter of mine did provide signed a letter saying it was a gift and I don't have to give it back etc. But apparently even this isn't good enough for the HO?!

I'm going to message my solicitor and ask what he thinks these new rules will mean for the on hold applications.

I am seriously worried

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:30 am

MissKatie,
Yep, it's a worrying development. I applied on Feb 15th. So am coming up to my 6 months anyway - I thought all along this "on hold" would be a wrinkle, or was an excuse to blame missing SLA's and everything would work out fine, but since this ruling has come out I think maybe bad news awaits.

I don't have a lawyer - so would be good to know what your's advises.

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 am

A question for anyone who got the "on hold" message

If you were the ECO - could you find a reason to maybe reject your application. Thinking worst case scenario's...

That's how I was thinking - and there maybe one element that could cause a rejection - (the letter not saying my cash gift was not a loan).

Just trying to get an idea if all "on holds" will result in rejection...

Thanks for the replies.

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 am

Shemar10 wrote:I also return my passport back when my husband get the Supreme Court email
Hi
I had a reply from Warshav:
"Please be informed that the application of yours is still under consideration. Please expect our decision in due course."
So at least I know they didnt forget about my husbands application.I was very worried as they send him back his passport.
Anybody any good news?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 am

Hi

Does that mean all applications are going to be rejected??

Even though we meet the minimum income?!

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:53 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi

Hi
5000 applications to be rejected?
does it make sence?

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 am

meli111 wrote:

Hi
does it make sence?
Yeah, said like that, it does seem unlikely. But 5000 to HO may not be a big number compared to all those that will get accepted.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 am

Hi
does it make sence?[/quote]

Hi

Just spoke to my local MP.. She said she is working on it and they shouldn't reject my application, has I meet the minimum income and she has provided them with my proof of income AGAIN!

elada
Newly Registered

Post by elada » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:24 pm

does it make sence?

Hi

Just spoke to my local MP.. She said she is working on it and they shouldn't reject my application, has I meet the minimum income and she has provided them with my proof of income AGAIN!
[/quote]

Hi Mehmoods87,

Can you pls tell me how long did u wait for the response from MP? I have contacted them and they say that I should wait max 20 working days till they come with an answer from the HO.

My husband's income are from salary employed (24K) and he still has a deposit, and I have a deposit as well. I have even a son who has British passport and now im getting really worried that they might refuse mine as well. Did u apply in the UK or outside?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:08 pm

elada wrote:
does it make sence?

Hi

Hi Mehmoods87,

Can you pls tell me how long did u wait for the response from MP? I have contacted them and they say that I should wait max 20 working days till they come with an answer from the HO.

My husband's income are from salary employed (24K) and he still has a deposit, and I have a deposit as well. I have even a son who has British passport and now im getting really worried that they might refuse mine as well. Did u apply in the UK or outside?[/quote]

Hi

Why do you think they will refuse visa as you don't fall in that category... in terms of salary ( spouse with a child )

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi elada

The HO do take upto 20 working days to reply bk. But they replied back to my MP after 12 days.

MP has sent another email last week so should hear something from the HO next week hopefully.

Will keep you updated.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi all. My solícitos response..

Hi Katie. Have not had time to look through new rules yet but the Home Office nave been forced to be more lenient so it can only benefit your situation. I think you met the old rules anyway but they just put a hold on all cases where 3rd party support was involved. I have another case where they met the old rule but have also been put on hold. All I can say is that they will now be able to get on with the business of deciding your case as the rules have been published.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Misskatie wrote:Hi all. My solícitos response..

Hi Katie. Have not had time to look through new rules yet but the Home Office nave been forced to be more lenient so it can only benefit your situation. I think you met the old rules anyway but they just put a hold on all cases where 3rd party support was involved. I have another case where they met the old rule but have also been put on hold. All I can say is that they will now be able to get on with the business of deciding your case as the rules have been published.

Thanks for sharing the information.... guess we can treat this as a sign of relief... so is your solicitor feels the HO will be quick in making decisions too

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Geet1328 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the information.... guess we can treat this as a sign of relief... so is your solicitor feels the HO will be quick in making decisions too

I think so Geet1328. I think we were looking at it negatively - they put applications on hold that would previously have been denied but now (hopefully) won't be denied because of the new more lenient rules. I hope this is correct anyway and we start to get positive decisions soon

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Misskatie wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

I think so Geet1328. I think we were looking at it negatively - they put applications on hold that would previously have been denied but now (hopefully) won't be denied because of the new more lenient rules. I hope this is correct anyway and we start to get positive decisions soon
Hope so :)

biosho
Newly Registered

Post by biosho » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

With this new rules my question is when will they take the hold off our application and when will start to make decisions. With 5,000 or more when will it be my turn, everything is confusing no one to tell us exactly what is going on.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 pm

biosho wrote:With this new rules my question is when will they take the hold off our application and when will start to make decisions. With 5,000 or more when will it be my turn, everything is confusing no one to tell us exactly what is going on.

Not too sure, but hopefully now the rules have been changed the hold will be lifted. The hold was only in place until these new rules were decided. Now they have been and have been published, they will hopefully start working through the backlog of hold applications

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm hopeful that now that the new ruled have been published the hold itself has been lifted and all those applications on hold are open for reconsideration according to the new rules. They obviously can't make any decisions until 10th of August, but I can't see a reason why they can't be looking into the applications. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it actually makes sense, seeing as MIR can now be met differently, they will want more proof etc.

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Guys I'm on £19,200 that's just above the minimum requirement but I also have £29,000 in savings. Do I stand a chance?

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Fatzipoo wrote:Guys I'm on £19,200 that's just above the minimum requirement but I also have £29,000 in savings. Do I stand a chance?
Speaking of just above the minimum...my husband earns 18760 (!) , no savings whatsoever, so...we are in a worse situation :D you should be fine, best of luck with the visa!

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 am

MissOwl wrote:
Fatzipoo wrote:Guys I'm on £19,200 that's just above the minimum requirement but I also have £29,000 in savings. Do I stand a chance?
Speaking of just above the minimum...my husband earns 18760 (!) , no savings whatsoever, so...we are in a worse situation :D you should be fine, best of luck with the visa!

Hopefully all should be okay, especially with the new ruling :D good luck all, and I really hope we all start to get some positive news soon

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:44 am

So that means we wait till 10th of Aug so the Hold is removed and then another months on top since 5000 Apps are backogged :$
and then again not sure if they simply refuse months after hold is removed !

a complete Blinder !

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:33 am

Misskatie wrote:
biosho wrote:With this new rules my question is when will they take the hold off our application and when will start to make decisions. With 5,000 or more when will it be my turn, everything is confusing no one to tell us exactly what is going on.

Not too sure, but hopefully now the rules have been changed the hold will be lifted. The hold was only in place until these new rules were decided. Now they have been and have been published, they will hopefully start working through the backlog of hold applications
Really don't know how will they work on this ?!? If they use thr brains they should divide 2 teams ... one taking care of the backlog (5000) cases and the other taking fresh cases from June maybe ... otherwise they will never get over the backlog and June onward cases will pile up for future mess !!