ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Processing times.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

EEA Family Permit Processing times.

Post by Merzit » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey guys!

I am Spanish and my husband is Albanian and he got the Spanish Residence for be married with me, then he apllied for a Visa EEA Family Permit for UK in 26 May 2017 from Madrid, Spain.
Then, I checked the page of the Government of the Uk before where it said I had to wait a maximum of 60 working days. OK, all right. But just yesterday I went back to review the site Government and says that there is a new update from may 2017 and should now wait 120 working days!!
That's really sad for me and my husband, and I wonder if we have to wait 60 or 120 days. Since we apply on May 26 where page said 60 days and even in Madrid they told the same thing. Please help me to resolve this doubt because we are in Spain without know nothing or nobody that answer, and in Madrid saying they don't know nothing.

Thank you very much for everything and I hope you can answer.

Ana

chika
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Processing times.

Post by chika » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:29 am

Ana, Go see this thread it has all the people with same issue as you might give you an idea. I hope your application has been sent to Sheffield. You might have received an email confirm if your docs have been reached

eea-route-applications/sheffield-visa-s ... 27282.html

donblessed
Newly Registered

Post by donblessed » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:29 pm

hello i am italian that live and work in the uk i want my husband to join me he have apply for EEA family permit since may 25 and he went to interview in june 9 after the interview thy told him a month time it will be out which will still check on net the processing time which was written there 30 working days by now it has pass..plesae i need advice does it take time more than that...

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 am

Hello donblessed

Don't worry, Im still waiting for my Eea Family Permit around 47 business days and I'm not received anything yet. Just wait the maximum (60 business days) and If you not received anything call them. I applied 26 May in Madrid and I'm still waiting same another people... Brexit make the government crazy.

donblessed
Newly Registered

Post by donblessed » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:04 pm

hello thanks alot,but what i don,t understand is should i start counting from the day i did my application on net til it get to 60 working day or what.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:10 am

We are suffering the same.

I'm a Spanish national and my spouse is non EEA. We submitted our application the 23rd of June. On the 6th of July, it was received by Sheffield, on the 11th we were told our application wasn't "straight forward" and it would require more than the 15 working days they aim to deliver.

I have checked the country where we did the application and the data from May 2017 says it's up to a maximum of 15 days. I don't know whether that's working days or days since it was received in Sheffield or what but I'll probably give them a call this week as that's over the limit for 15 working days since the day of receipt of acknowledgement.

On my application I didn't include photos, chat logs as it wasn't mentioned, but I saw many people doing this, primarily from countries that are "riskier" but I don't consider Japan to fall under that category. Our application does not show anything that can be misleading to a "marriage of convenience" as we are pretty much applying for that FP after 3 years living together, both inside and outside the UK (we had our own visas sorted out during our stay there so no need for a family permit whatsoever)

In addition, it is my understanding that the home officers are the ones who should prove your marriage as a marriage of convenience and not the way around, so until they can "demonstrate" that, you should be good to go. Countries that are usually less developed are more inclined to be frowned upon and raise a flag but for that, it's better to include all your supporting documents such as photos, videos, chat logs, etc to clear any doubts.

Sami555
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Sami555 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 am

Please let me know If you recieve any decision from them we just received 2 visas decisions from Madrid