ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship in netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lavu369
Newly Registered

citizenship in netherlands

Post by lavu369 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:05 pm

I want to know how many years it will take to acquire PR and naturalization in netherlands on MVV Work permit and on Highly skilled IT visa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: citizenship in netherlands

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:56 pm

lavu369 wrote:I want to know how many years it will take to acquire PR and naturalization in netherlands on MVV Work permit and on Highly skilled IT visa
Dunno the answer but the EU seems to mostly harmonise on 5 years for PR, not less anywhere I know off.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:15 pm

You can apply for 'regulier onbepaalde tijd' after 5 years. I believe you have to wait another year after this to apply for naturalisation but you should check this with your 'Gemeente'.

'Deze verblijfsvergunning
kunt u alleen aanvragen als u:
– vijf jaar of langer in Nederland woont met een verblijfsvergunning
voor bepaalde tijd'

http://www.ind.nl/nl/Images/6009_NL_feb08_tcm5-587.pdf

gani999

Re: citizenship in netherlands

Post by gani999 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:14 pm

lavu369 wrote:I want to know how many years it will take to acquire PR and naturalization in netherlands on MVV Work permit and on Highly skilled IT visa

You can get a Permanent Residence after living in The Netherlands for five years continuously.

Naturalization is however, a completely different matter. In order to naturalize, you'll need to get a permanent residence first, and then take the NT1 and NT2 exams which test your fluency in the Dutch language. And they are not easy to pass.

Further, I presume you are availing the 30% tax ruling for expats? If you decide to naturalize , you will need to pay back all the tax you have saved by being under the 30% rule. After five years, that amount will run into the tens of thousands of Euros.

Hope this helps.