ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maria007
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application

Post by maria007 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi All,
Asking for advice on someone's behalf. Person is due to apply for Naturalisation in few weeks time but got arrested for assualt and released without any charge, caution or warning. Could anyone please advise that how can it affect Naturalisation application. And also does the arrest needs to be mentioned on the application?

Thanks

milspectees
United States of America

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by milspectees » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:07 pm

maria007 wrote:Hi All,
Asking for advice on someone's behalf. Person is due to apply for Naturalisation in few weeks time but got arrested for assualt and released without any charge, caution or warning. Could anyone please advise that how can it affect Naturalisation application. And also does the arrest needs to be mentioned on the application?

Thanks
If there was no charge, no caution or warning then it is not disclosable and will not have any effect on an application for BC. Do not mention it on the form at all

maria007
Newly Registered

Post by maria007 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanks milspectees for your valuable advice.
According to enhanced DBS certificate it is the discretion of chief police officer to disclose 'other relevant information' which may be arrest in this case. And if HO conduct enhanced DBS which states arrest but not charged will this affect on BC application? if disclosed by chief police officer.

Will HO conduct enhanced check or standard check?

Please advise. Many thanks.

milspectees
United States of America

Post by milspectees » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 pm

maria007 wrote:Thanks milspectees for your valuable advice.
According to enhanced DBS certificate it is the discretion of chief police officer to disclose 'other relevant information' which may be arrest in this case. And if HO conduct enhanced DBS which states arrest but not charged will this affect on BC application? if disclosed by chief police officer.

Will HO conduct enhanced check or standard check?

Please advise. Many thanks.
I don't know if they carry out enhanced checks or standard ones. In any case, it isn't relevant to the application and there is no requirement to disclose an arrest where the outcome is NFA. Only convictions are required to be disclosed.

maria007
Newly Registered

Post by maria007 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Dear All,
I was advised not to disclose arrest if there is no charge or conviction. I am asking it again after receiving police report which states arrest. I wonder if i don't disclose arrest, HO will be able to find in DBS can it affect my BC application? Please advise, many thanks.

milspectees
United States of America

Post by milspectees » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:30 pm

maria007 wrote:Dear All,
I was advised not to disclose arrest if there is no charge or conviction. I am asking it again after receiving police report which states arrest. I wonder if i don't disclose arrest, HO will be able to find in DBS can it affect my BC application? Please advise, many thanks.
You only answer questions that you are asked. You are asked "Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?" and, if you haven't, your answer is NO. Then you are asked "Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK
or any other country?", again if you haven't the answer is NO.

You are NOT asked anywhere if you have been arrested. You do not have to disclose, for sure 100%

maria007
Newly Registered

Post by maria007 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Dear milspectees,
Thank you very much for your advice again. You have pointed out exactly the same questions asked on AN form. Can I am please draw your attention to another question which states:

"Have you ever engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?"

Can you please advise the possible answer to this question. From your guidance I take it as NO. Please advise.
Many Thanks.

milspectees
United States of America

Post by milspectees » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 pm

maria007 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 pm
Dear milspectees,
Thank you very much for your advice again. You have pointed out exactly the same questions asked on AN form. Can I am please draw your attention to another question which states:

"Have you ever engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?"

Can you please advise the possible answer to this question. From your guidance I take it as NO. Please advise.
Many Thanks.
Unless you actually committed the crime that you were arrested for, then the answer is NO. Being arrested is not an indication of guilt.