ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rankaseye
Nigeria

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by rankaseye » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:46 am

Register again wrote:No worries at all Rankseye. I believe all will be well for you.

Thanks Bathanza . Your updates and support on here I have always looked forward to. Thanks for all and I look forward to reading your good news soon x

Thanks dear.

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm

rankaseye wrote:thanks dear, and congrats.

I do understand but hoping i wont have to go through an appeal process but if i have to am positive am gonna get my visa granted eventually.
thanks for the word of encouragement and reply.
cherers
Hi, do you have any news regarding your application?

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Tamandua wrote:

I do understand but hoping i wont have to go through an appeal process but if i have to am positive am gonna get my visa granted eventually.
cherers
None yet. checking my mail daily.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi everyone.

Im just curious if how the H.O facilitating the speed of each appication?is it first come first serve basis? Or the more complexity of the case takes much longer period?and those easy cases will be decided lot more quick?

And is it new application takes longer compare to extension?

Thanks in advance for those who will reply.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Factors are both, if its first come first serve and if its complex, simply are taking their time.

I'm awaiting a call back from my solicitor so we can discuss next actions. Will advise you all what I hear but the long and short of it is that the HO will not reply to any letters unless its urgent or critical in nature and I would not want to frustrate them by lodging a PAP for them to say yes we are on it and wait another year!

I always hear no news is good news so either way, we are left hostage to their decisions and can argue, in the case of rejection, that taking so long to reject was unreasonable via an appeal.

Going into 11 months waiting as of.. Monday. Did not expect this at all from when we submitted the application.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm

bathanza wrote:Factors are both, if its first come first serve and if its complex, simply are taking their time.

I'm awaiting a call back from my solicitor so we can discuss next actions. Will advise you all what I hear but the long and short of it is that the HO will not reply to any letters unless its urgent or critical in nature and I would not want to frustrate them by lodging a PAP for them to say yes we are on it and wait another year!

I always hear no news is good news so either way, we are left hostage to their decisions and can argue, in the case of rejection, that taking so long to reject was unreasonable via an appeal.

Going into 11 months waiting as of.. Monday. Did not expect this at all from when we submitted the application.
@bathanza-we do really appreciate your updates on this forum.hope your case will be decided soon.may agony of waiting is nothing for your 11 months of waiting.its just feels like we dont have peace of mind on our daily life while we still waiting for the decision. Hope H.O will expedite all pending applications.

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Tamandua wrote:

cherers
called HO today for an update since its past 10 working days already. the lady i spoke to told me i would be contacted. Just checked my email and i received the following from HO

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

I guess I have to wait even though the online tracker shows that the case has been decided.

Sammiele
Newly Registered

Post by Sammiele » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi, I applied the FLR FP as British Mother since august 2016. Today, I saw the immigration rules change and just wonder is that affect my application?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Immigration rules have been changed in the cases of when deciding applications. Explains why there has been a wait.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf

For further information that makes a bit more sense, check here https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-of ... g-mm-case/

This is what is going to be used for deciding cases, irrespective of when you submitted the case too. I'm expecting something hopefully for end of Aug.. 1 more month!

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 pm

So flr fp 10 year route applicants need to meet financial requirements?

Unbelievable.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:55 pm

bathanza wrote:Immigration rules have been changed in the cases of when deciding applications. Explains why there has been a wait.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssible.pdf

For further information that makes a bit more sense, check here https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-of ... g-mm-case/

This is what is going to be used for deciding cases, irrespective of when you submitted the case too. I'm expecting something hopefully for end of Aug.. 1 more month!
thanks for the links- hopefully starting 10th of august they will speed up the backlog of 5000 pending applications.hoping for the positive side of this new immigration rules released.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm

It's most likely all FM cases, those that are complicated that require this rule to be in place too. A few people have had rejections.

I know that there are timeline threads for FLRM priority service so these cases are looked at a different department. Hopefully, the FLR FP aren't as many as a few thousand so can get to processing them. Note that the rules come INTO effect after 10th Aug so.. I'm now thinking Sept!!

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 pm

So basically all article 8 cases will require you to meet financial requirement? Even with British child.

Exception 1 thrown out of the window.

Im devastated.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:53 pm

alphagear wrote:So basically all article 8 cases will require you to meet financial requirement? Even with British child.

Im devastated.
Where have you read this exactly? If you read the changes, there are specific rules for those who need FLRM or FLRFP for each FLRM can be assessed if the income isn't met, under article 8 and then given 10 year route and public funds implications for those who meet the income.

Same applies for FLRFP but have conditions around public funds. I would be interested to see where you are reading that ALL article 8 cases require the financial requirement.

Sammiele
Newly Registered

Post by Sammiele » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:02 pm

So, Is that mean FLR FP now requires financial requirements

Register again
Newly Registered

Post by Register again » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:19 pm

rankaseye wrote:
Tamandua wrote:

cherers
called HO today for an update since its past 10 working days already. the lady i spoke to told me i would be contacted. Just checked my email and i received the following from HO

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

I guess I have to wait even though the online tracker shows that the case has been decided.
Hi Rankseye, please edit out the name.
I guess you forgot to take it out. Take care and all the best dear.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:23 pm

bathanza wrote:
alphagear wrote:So basically all article 8 cases will require you to meet financial requirement? Even with British child.

Im devastated.
Where have you read this exactly? If you read the changes, there are specific rules for those who need FLRM or FLRFP for each FLRM can be assessed if the income isn't met, under article 8 and then given 10 year route and public funds implications for those who meet the income.

Same applies for FLRFP but have conditions around public funds. I would be interested to see where you are reading that ALL article 8 cases require the financial requirement
Bathanza ,
Sorry to bother you everyone of us might not have same level of understanding as you .
Do you mean that flr fp applicants with British children can still qualify as in old rules?

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Can someone please tell me how the new ruling will effect my (7 year child concession) case as I am not allowed to work?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm

The changes in the rule are for the minimum income that is present in the cases that require it. E.G FLR FP Partner route 10 year, has no minimum income requirement BUT the new rules give guidance on accepting or rejecting cases under article 8.

Don't be too worried, just wait for the outcome and be positive. It looks that those with children are favoured in partner/parent routes. Take a deep breath everyone, the last time cases took this long was a backlog in 2012, it happens in the HO and also, be prepared. tc

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:02 pm

bathanza wrote:The changes in the rule are for the minimum income that is present in the cases that require it. E.G FLR FP Partner route 10 year, has no minimum income requirement BUT the new rules give guidance on accepting or rejecting cases under article 8.

Don't be too worried, just wait for the outcome and be positive. It looks that those with children are favoured in partner/parent routes. Take a deep breath everyone, the last time cases took this long was a backlog in 2012, it happens in the HO and also, be prepared. tc
Thank you bathanza
I am little bit relieved now.
Hopefully at least applicants with young families seem to be accepted

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Well check the FLR timeline thread, a kind member updated a post with an application sent in Sept 16 and approved in Jul 17 don't even know if it's backlog or on hold now based on this, so hope everyone can be calm and look forward to a positive response.

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Register again wrote:
rankaseye wrote:
Tamandua wrote:

cherers

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

Hi Rankseye, please edit out the name.
I guess you forgot to take it out. Take care and all the best dear.

aww thanks just saw that now... can the moderators please help with that. thanks

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:33 pm

bathanza wrote:The changes in the rule are for the minimum income that is present in the cases that require it. E.G FLR FP Partner route 10 year, has no minimum income requirement BUT the new rules give guidance on accepting or rejecting cases under article 8.

Thank you, really hoping to hear from them soon with good news.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Small update: About a month ago I was using https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus and none of my reference numbers, CASE ID was working. But the IHS is working and it states that the case has been considered and awaiting decision since 11th April 17

I JUST tried my case ID and it worked, but now, it states it IS awaiting decision since 12th June 17. This was a day before I called the HO to ask what was going on and was told it's just pending and to wait. This gave me a small sliver of hope BUT, more waiting! WOW. Two references, two different dates.. again, how much can we depend on this beta system if it's rather strange in results. :) :)

mister123

Post by mister123 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:01 am

bathanza wrote:Small update: About a month ago I was using https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus and none of my reference numbers, CASE ID was working. But the IHS is working and it states that the case has been considered and awaiting decision since 11th April 17

I JUST tried my case ID and it worked, but now, it states it IS awaiting decision since 12th June 17. This was a day before I called the HO to ask what was going on and was told it's just pending and to wait. This gave me a small sliver of hope BUT, more waiting! WOW. Two references, two different dates.. again, how much can we depend on this beta system if it's rather strange in results. :) :)
Thats great.Means they're doing something now after changes in immig rules released.they have all the basis now for the decision.looking for the positive side of those changes.