ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Approved - no original documents returned as yet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spoelie
Newly Registered

ILR - Approved - no original documents returned as yet

Post by Spoelie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Hooray! Our ILR 5 year settlement route Tier 1 Entrepreneur has been approved - or I hope so!

With all the previous extensions the original documents were returned, then a letter to say that the application has been successful - 10 days later BRP cards....

This time we had NO letter to say that it has been successful, however we did have a letter asking for more evidence (which we provided within the 7 days). Documents were received by HO on the 13th of July.

Monday the 17th I open the door for a courier and he hands me 4 envelopes to sign for - inside our families 4 BRP cards (issued on the 15th of July)...which can only imply that the application were successful.

I am however concerned about our original documents (passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, English language and Life in the UK documents ect)...because on the BRP letter it clearly states..

"By this time you would have received your original documents and approval letter of your application"

Which we haven't... Monday would be a week after we received the letters and BPR cards...awaiting anxiously for originals to be returned.

Who do I contact to ask about our original documents?

....and then doubts sets in and I think...what if it was a mistake! They are still busy with the process and cards just turned up wrongly...but HOW??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Approved - no original documents returned as yet

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 am

Congratulations :) Your documents are sent separately. BRPs are usually tend to be delivered via secure post and faster than your documents. The documents should be with you soon. If it took longer, request them back here https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

Btw did you mean to say you sent your application on 13th June ?? Did you get ILR within a month of applying ??
Don't you mind sharing what extra document they asked for ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Post by Spoelie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 am

Sorry Zimba, no...here is the timeline... 1 April 17-15 July 17

Submitted: 1 April 2017
Fees taken: 5 April 2017
Acknowledgement letter and email: 6 April - HO received application

Next letters/emails to follow:
1 May - your application is still under consideration
1 June - your application is still under consideration
1 July - your application is still under consideration

6 July - email stating they found a minor omission and requested an explanation and supporting documents within 7 days to clarify. They wanted FULL RTI and FPS reports for tax year 15/16 and 16/17. Not just the 1 year required for employment for the settled worker. (we submitted April 16-April 17 (one year) ...they wanted April 15-April 16 as well to show the submissions and early years updated for the precious tax year as well as his start date was Jan 16)

We posted the documents as requested and the explanatory letter on the 12th of July, HO received it on the 13th of July. We received BPR cards on the 17th of July (date of issue on card was Saturday, 15 July)

No approval letter to confirm that application has been successful, no documents returned yet...just BRP cards suddenly via a courier.

So official Timeline - 1 April - 15 July

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Great that was 2.5 months which is pretty decent. Obviously old FPS is required to show the start date if the role was created in the previous years, which they asked. Good luck :)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice