ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are you 'required' to cancel an application(?) please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhani2010
Newly Registered

change of jobs after the application..delays and more delays

Post by bhani2010 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi everyone,
So this is our second time applying. So my current dilemma is this.

Previously by working six days a week i was able to meet the financial requirement. I also got paid on 4 weekly basis so I waited until i got my 7th payslip. I was desperate to change jobs but i ended up landing in a job that i liked but it didn't meet the financial requirement. I thought it surely wouldn't take more than two months for a decision (previously the decision was made exactly in 4 weeks) .
But like everyone else here it is still not the case.
Its now roughly 12 weeks (no decision) and in between i have left my old job and its been a week now i have started working in the new place (main job) . I looked for another job to make up for the lack of income requirement beforehand if there is more delay. My problem is that i had verbal confirmation for the the 2nd job last week. I have to go for an induction coming week and only in the following week i will start working. It obviously has to be processed and go to head office for me to get the contract, it may take up to 2 more weeks.

So how shall i inform HO? I don't have any problem with my main job i got the contract long time ago. But for the 2nd job will a letter from the manager for example that states my working hours will be enough?

In, addition i have also yet to receive my final payslip for this month from my previous job.

Should i be worried and update HO before immediately by sending docs (first job contract plus a letter for the 2nd job by the manager) or wait until i get the contract maybe next week.
Basically this second jobs is just one day and i have to wait whole week to actually start hence another delay.

To add to all of this drama, we were sent an email from HO when were already five weeks in stating that all the supporting documents had not been received. What we had done was that according to VFS office in Nepal supporting documents can all be scanned (according to the new system :roll: ) there, hence my husband had all the original documents in Nepal. However, after this alarming email we didn't want to take any risks so my husband sent the original supporting document to Sheffield. Until now no news about the original documents. Any ideas about time-frame of receiving the documents back guys ? :|

Sorry i have mixed two questions into this but my current problem is to do with the second job and how to go about informing about the change of jobs.
Any ideas or experience guys would be great help.
Thanks you so much

bhani2010
Newly Registered

Re: change of jobs after the application (12 weeks later)

Post by bhani2010 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi anyone care to enlighten me please I am perplexed with the reply i got from HO today.
Am I missing something here? Does cancelling the application at this point mean that we have
to re-submit all the payslips and wait for another six months?? or is it simply the case of submitting contract of new jobs? I have pretty much no gaps whilst changing jobs, I do not understand what re-submitting the application implies...Are they going to put us right back of the queue after 12 weeks?...anyone with any advice please help.
I have already been rejected once and that is ongoing appeal. I don't think I can take it anymore if I have to start from scratch. I am seriously considering withdrawing everything, its been almost two years now.
Regarding Visa Application: ref....

Hi,
Our spouse visa application was submitted on the 25th of April 2017 from Kathmandu, Nepal by the applicant, ... I am writing to inform you that I, the applicant’s wife, ... have since 10th July 2017 changed my job to ... after working in ... for more and a year. Due to long commute, I decided to change my job. I am also due to start the second job at a local ... store this week. The combination of both jobs meets the financial requirement of £18600.

Please find the following contact details of my current workplaces.

S..

M..

For your reference my previous workplace contact detail is as follows:

In addition to above update, I would also like to enquire about my original supporting documents and the progress of our application. My husband made the application through VFS in Nepal. After five weeks into the submission of application we received an email stating that the Visa section in Sheffield haven't received supporting documents from the sponsor (email was dated ...). According to the new system, VFS scanned supporting documents and said that they were sufficient and only took his passport to send. However, due to this alarming email, we did not want to take any risks so my husband sent my supporting documents to Sheffield via DHL in response to the email. Although we were able to track the document via DHL, until now we have not received any news about the receipt of the original documents sent from Nepal, if possible please provide us with some details. I would highly appreciate it if any news or update regarding our application status is passed on to us since we have been waiting for more than 12 weeks.

Should you require additional documents please contact me, I will immediately get back to you.
Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Dear ...,

Thank you for contacting UK Visa and Immigration International enquiry service.

In regards to your query, if you need to correct/change your details for the application as they have changed, you are required to cancel the previous application and re-submit with correct details.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.

Regards,

bhani2010
Newly Registered

Are you 'required' to cancel an application(?) please help

Post by bhani2010 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi,
Maybe i haven't searched enough but i was wondering if I have missed something.
Is there anything on the guideline about change of jobs? I made an enquiry via email to
HO and they told me that we are supposed to 'cancel' the application and re-submit.
I changed jobs after around 11 weeks into the application..it just doesn't make sense to
cancel the application and re-submit. please help. :( :(

If anyone is able to provide me with relevant links i would be grateful.
Thank you.

SimonS

Re: Are you 'required' to cancel an application(?) please he

Post by SimonS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 am

The problem is if they contact your former employer as part of the checking process they will obviously tell UKV&I you no longer work there. That's probably not going to look very good - Refusal due to deception.

I don't want to pry but why on earth did you change jobs in the middle or probably, right at the end of your spouses Visa application?

Did you seek any advice before you made this decision?

A post on this site from 2014 states it's probably ok but that was 2014

immigration-for-family-members/changing ... 69154.html

In the application did you advise you had a job offer and would be changing jobs?

I'm not certain that you need to cancel the application at this stage but I'm guessing you applied under Category A. You are now Category B. That should not matter if you still meet the MIR however, one of the Guru's needs to come in and confirm whether or not this invalidates your application.

At the very least you will need to immediately submit all the new details, contract and covering letter.

As discussed in the thread above, if you are at 11 weeks you were probably very close to a decision. Now you will likely have to wait another 11 weeks while they reassess your whole application from start to finish.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

bhani2010
Newly Registered

Post by bhani2010 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:25 pm

hi Simon thank you for replying. In all honesty, i couldn't find anywhere that I wouldn't be able to change jobs. I thought that as long as the new job meets the 18600 and you inform them with the contract it should be enough. People's situations change & I guess it depends on individual cases. But as you had guessed it turns out that they had made the decision and fortunately it was a positive one.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:05 am

Hi bhani,

thank you for the feedback. I'm delighted that this situation has not caused you any difficulty and you have received a positive decision. Congratulations!!

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.