ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment: transfer of money between two companies

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ekbe01
Russia

Investment: transfer of money between two companies

Post by ekbe01 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Tier 1 E (50K) switched from Tier 1 GE last year.
I claimed 50K on my personal account as money available to make an investment.
I've invested 20K (DL) into Company A (30K remain available on my account) and now decided to focus more on Company B. I would like to return 15K from Company A to my personal account and then invest the money into Company B. I'm a director of both companies.
30K will remain on my personal account, 5K will be invested in company A and 15K invested in company B (both director's loans).
Is everything okay there or I'm missing something? Just don't want to mess up with the requirements at this stage.
Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Investment: transfer of money between two companies

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:00 am

There are no restrictions
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:00 am

As Zimba said, there are no restrictions.

But it will be good to think ahead about what evidence you need to submit in the future.

So, if you transfer the money directly from Company A account to Company B account, make sure that the message had your name in it, so the statement will show that is money being deposited on your behalf.

Alternatively and safer, transfer from Company A to your personal account and from there to Company B
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks for your comments.
Yes, I was going to transfer the money back to my personal account and then invest them into Company B.

My understanding is that I'll have to provide the following to claim investment - wd you please have a look?
- Directors loan agreement with Company A (20K, NOT just the remaining 5K, otherwise I will have a "gap" - will not be able to prove that money were available to me)
- Explain the return of money
- Directors loan agreement with Company B
- Both companies account statements (where the transfers are readily identifiable)
- Both companies accounts

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

ekbe01 wrote:Thanks for your comments.
Yes, I was going to transfer the money back to my personal account and then invest them into Company B.

My understanding is that I'll have to provide the following to claim investment - wd you please have a look?
- Directors loan agreement with Company A (20K, NOT just the remaining 5K, otherwise I will have a "gap" - will not be able to prove that money were available to me)
- Explain the return of money
- Directors loan agreement with Company B
- Both companies account statements (where the transfers are readily identifiable)
- Both companies accounts
That all looks good.
There is no requirement to submit evidence that the money was available to you throughout. You only need to have it, if asked. But no harm in providing it.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:09 pm

thank you, much appreciated!