ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying british citizenship and passport together

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lparimi
Newly Registered

Applying british citizenship and passport together

Post by lparimi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 am

Hi my husband is due to get his ILR this week and would like to apply for British citizenship for my 1 month old kid under MN1 (3). I have seen that people are applying for paaapirt as well together. Can I submit passport application together with citizenship.If yes could you tell me the procedure.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying british citizenship and passport together

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 am

Yes but only if you apply through NCS at the council. The joint service is not available if you post the application yourself.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VA2011
Newly Registered

Post by VA2011 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 am

Hi,

Where should I get the british passport form? Is it availaible online to download, I went to post office and they say that they need to see registration certificate to issue the passport form? is this correct?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 am

VA2011 wrote:Hi,

Where should I get the british passport form? Is it availaible online to download, I went to post office and they say that they need to see registration certificate to issue the passport form? is this correct?
It's not considered polite to tag your posts onto another member's thread. However, the Post Office assistant is incorrect. Anyone can pick up a passport application form whether they are a British citizen or not. I suggest you go to another Post Office. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

VA2011
Newly Registered

Post by VA2011 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Sorry that I posted on another member post, thought this relates to the post. :( ..thanks for the reply