ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application from Chennai ( Self - Employed)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suby
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application from Chennai ( Self - Employed)

Post by Suby » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Guys,

I hold a british Passport and I am self employed with a Ltd Company based in UK and I am in the process of applying for a Spouse visa for my wife in Chennai.

1) Documents to be produced from the Sponsor for a self employed.
2) Documents to be produced by the applicant from India (Chennai).
3) Do we have a Settlement Priority Visa service (VFS) in Chennai if so what's the duration to process the Visa.

Any other Additional information that you can share is much appreciated...

Thanks
Suby .

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Application from Chennai ( Self - Employed)

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Suby wrote:Guys,

I hold a british Passport and I am self employed with a Ltd Company based in UK and I am in the process of applying for a Spouse visa for my wife in Chennai.

1) Documents to be produced from the Sponsor for a self employed.
2) Documents to be produced by the applicant from India (Chennai).
3) Do we have a Settlement Priority Visa service (VFS) in Chennai if so what's the duration to process the Visa.

Any other Additional information that you can share is much appreciated...

Thanks
Suby .
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/user_p ... ces.html#3

Settlement Priority Visa:
Settlement visa applications and their dependent applications submitted at all visa application centres (except Jaipur, Lucknow and Goa) .
Settlement dependents can also apply for this service at the same time and will be required to pay an additional Settlement Priority Visa Service fee. The fee for this service is £ 551 per customer, in addition to the visa fee. With this service, the settlement application moves to the front of the queue.

Your wife will also have to pay the £600 IHS surcharge.

If you are a director of a Limited company, you are an employee, not self-employed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Suby
Newly Registered

Post by Suby » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks Casa for the response..

Are you aware of the time scale to make a decision. For the Settlement Priority Visa.

Can you also clarify the below
If you are a director of a Limited company, you are an employee, not self-employed ?

- just to clarify this in order to meet the Financial Requirement I have to show my Dividend and Salary to meet the 18,600 mark so I will fall under the Salaried and Non Salaried Category to show my monthly salary + Dividend received through the Ltd Company.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Suby wrote:Thanks Casa for the response..

Are you aware of the time scale to make a decision. For the Settlement Priority Visa.

Can you also clarify the below
If you are a director of a Limited company, you are an employee, not self-employed ?

- just to clarify this in order to meet the Financial Requirement I have to show my Dividend and Salary to meet the 18,600 mark so I will fall under the Salaried and Non Salaried Category to show my monthly salary + Dividend received through the Ltd Company.

Thanks
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... settlement

The information in the link above hasn't been updated since May. At this time the statistics show that most settlement applications are submitted in 60 days (that's working days, excluding weekends and public holidays). Bear in mind although a Priority application goes to the front of the queue, processing times will depend on how many applications submitted are Priority ones. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 am

Suby wrote: Can you also clarify the below

Thanks
As far as I'm aware your classified as self employed for the purposes of the application - ie this means as a director of Ltd company you have to go through category F or G.

When I applied as a director it was through Category F. In terms of finance I showed wage slips and dividend vouchers for the 12 month period.

Suby
Newly Registered

Post by Suby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks Guys..

I presume so that I will fall under Category F or G and can you please confirm what other documents that I need to provide as a sponsor. can you provide some inputs on the Ltd company documents that's need to be provided along with the application.. ( My last Company Tax return - 30th Sep 2015 - October 30th 2016) .

Is it mandatory that do we need to provide any letter stating about the relationship ? and how we met and our future plans if so what documents that we have to provide to support.

With regards to English Language requirement is it ok that if we provide a certificate from the Institution that the course was taught in English would that suffice any inputs on this would be much appreciated.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Here's most of what I sent: bare in mind my one was in Pakistan so I don't know if there are any differences in application process. The financial documents should stay the same in any case.

Online Application copy 
VAF2A APPLICATION
IHS PAYMENT CONFIRMATION 
TB TEST 
IELTS TEST 
Marriage certificates 
Passport photocopies - I put both applicants and sponsors I think. 
Sponsors passport copies need to be attested by solicitor. 

SPONSOR LETTER - gave all details of passports and gave overview of what was being submitted. 
Copy of land registry 
Accommodation deceleration - my parents owned property so so was a letter signed by them indicating they would provide accommodation 
Property report - was done by an estate agent but probably not essential 
Utility bills 

Communication - photos from wedding , wedding invitation , Lyca mobile call list, whatsapp screenshots , emails , bank transfer receipts - flight tickets from when I visited again alongside more photos 

FINANCIAL- 
Small cover letter giving summary of what is being submitting. Also make sure to explain anything which may be questionable there. 
Official accountant letter - giving summary of how much was made in the Financial year , amount of dividends and corporation tax . Isn't actually required but looks good in my opinion.
Employee letter - I had two letters from my employers indicating they were planning to use my services longterm- they put in number of protracted hours a month and estimated salary for that time. This shows evidence of ongoing employment.

CT600 - tax return 
Evidence of submission of CT600 - hmrc send you an email which you can use for this . 
Personal and company bank statements for the 12 months corresponding to the ct600 time period. Include any further statements upto application dates as they want to see proof of existing work so needs to be within 28 days.
Companies house incorporation documents 
Initial hmrc letter with paye references - I got these stamped by accountant and signed by him. 
Unaudited accounts with certificate of confirmation from accountant 
Current appointments report 
Wage slips - make sure dates correspond to bank statements 
Dividend vouchers 
P60

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Suby
Newly Registered

Post by Suby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for the Info.

Can you guys please clarify the English Language Requirement..

With regards to English Language requirement is it ok that if we provide a certificate from the Institution that the course was taught in English would that suffice any inputs on this would be much appreciated.

Director of Ltd Company -
( My last Company Tax return was - 30th Sep 2015 - October 30th 2016) I have filed the return recently that is by July 2017 and my question is that if i provide the Dividend vouchers and salary slip from the accountant for the Period (30th Sep 2015 - October 30th 2016) would that be enough to show that I meet the 18600 threshold.

Since I am not in a job or trading through my ltd company from August 2016 to till date but still I withdraw my salary will this be an issue and is it mandatory to show the Ongoing employment the only way I can show them is my salary from my ltd company from August 2016 to till date..
Also it mandatory to show any past 12 months bank statements prior to the date of application.

Thanks