ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Errors in online application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Moon2017
Newly Registered

Errors in online application

Post by Moon2017 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Hello everyone,
So recently I made and application online for extending my partners visa, which is for the leave to remain 10 year route.
After submitting, the application and paying for the fee, I realised there were a few errors, because dopey me didn't proof read.
These mistake evolve around:
- if there are any relatives/ friends of our children living in the country we may leave to go to.
- why am I applying- selected the "more time for English language test" instead of extension after Inital period of entry.
And the third one was, if we've had a visa
Rejected anywhere including the UK. We said no, but our first application was rejected because of insufficient evidence.
I've been to the immigration aid in our town, and they've advised us to write a cover letter. So, we wrote the cover letter went back to the same solicitor and he said you should just put in another application and pay the fee again.
The cover letter was completely fine, we included all the errors, and their corrections.
I'm really confused on what to do, partner's visa expires on the 11th August. Do I submit the documents, with the applications errors along with the cover letter, or do I make a new application?
If i don't send the documents, would they be able to refund the fee? If so how?
I Appreciate the advise.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Errors in online application

Post by walker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:43 pm

What is the visa fee refund policy?
We will only refund your visa fee if you withdraw your application in writing, using the refund request form on visa4UK, before biometrics are submitted and within 3 months and 7 days of the date the application was paid for. Visa fees for applications where submission of biometric information is not required will only be considered for refund where the written notification of withdrawal is received before the physical applications have been either accepted at the visa application centre or received directly at the Visa section. You will not be entitled to a refund if your application is granted for a shorter time period than the period you applied for.

What is the refund policy for user pay fees?
If you are attending a User Pay visa application centre, you will only be eligible for the User Pay fee to be refunded if you cancel your appointment and claim a refund more than 5 days in advance of the scheduled appointment date.

Based on the above, are you still entitled to a refund? If not, then it may best to proceed with the covering letter.