ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 and ILR 10 years

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HONDAKKJ
Newly Registered

EEA2 and ILR 10 years

Post by HONDAKKJ » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello All
i want to ask if someone has applied for an EEA eFM AND THE DECISON has not been made yet and in the mean time applicat's 10 years time is completed then does
he qualify for the ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA2 and ILR 10 years

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:33 am

What is your uk immigration history including visa start and expiry dates?
Who is ypur EU sponsor and relation to you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:12 am

HONDAKKJ wrote:Hello All
i want to ask if someone has applied for an EEA eFM AND THE DECISON has not been made yet and in the mean time applicat's 10 years time is completed then does he qualify for the ILR?
No.

EEA applications do NOT extend leave, even if submitted before the leave expires. You would be an overstayer between the day your earlier leave expired and the day the EFM Residence Card was issued. Therefore you likely won't be eligible for ILR(LR).

As CR001 has advised, provide us with your entire immigration history for us to assist you further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 pm

secret.simon wrote:EEA applications do NOT extend leave, even if submitted before the leave expires. You would be an overstayer between the day your earlier leave expired and the day the EFM Residence Card was issued. Therefore you likely won't be eligible for ILR(LR).
I think the issue is less clear than it seems. Free Movement has a piece on AS (Ghana) v. SSHD settling the issue, but that judgement has the argument re family members that
They either have those rights or they do not have those rights
I don't think that argument applies to extended family members; it is only the issue of a permit or card that gives an extended family member the rights of a family member.

However, the position of the HO is that applying for an RC as an EFM does not in any way extend leave, so only in desperation should one rely on it so doing.