ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SITUATION EEA FM - Residence Card Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chika
Newly Registered

SITUATION EEA FM - Residence Card Application

Post by chika » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 am

Hi folks,

I need your help once again.

After trying for sometime my parents have just received a EEA Family Permit which means they can come here and live with their grandchildren (Great News). However, the validity of the Permit is only 6 months and timing of this has been quite tight.
I understand they have given 6 months for us to apply for residence card when they get here but it looks like they can only apply for residence card after 3 months (initial period) of arriving to the UK? Is that really correct? as I was thinking for them to apply straight away when they come here

because if it is then we are in real trouble as we have already booked flights for my family to go back home early Dec for Holiday and would like my parents to go back with us as they cannot look after themselves. I was thinking let's say my parents fly here next week which is 27/28th August they would need 3 months before they can apply for the Residence card which will take them to 27th/28th October leaving them only a month for HO to receive the application, send the Case ID, send the Biometric letter, us to go for Biometric, receive the COA and request the passport back and receive the passport back from HO which is not realistic reading through the forum its taking days to just send the case ID and weeks before they receive the Biometric letter.

In that case I am really not sure what should I do?

Please help

chika
Newly Registered

Re: SITUATION EEA FM - Residence Card Application

Post by chika » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Can anyone please advise? I really want to know if they could apply straight away for EEA2/EEA FM or do they have to wait for 3 months before they could apply

VIETY
Newly Registered

Post by VIETY » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:59 am

chika wrote: I really want to know if they could apply straight away for EEA2/EEA FM or do they have to wait for 3 months before they could apply
I have not seen any regulation saying that you need to wait for 3 months to apply for EEA FM.

You can apply straight away as long as you gather enough supporting documents. For me it takes a couple of months to gather these documents (bank statement, bills...)

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 pm

VIETY wrote:
chika wrote: I really want to know if they could apply straight away for EEA2/EEA FM or do they have to wait for 3 months before they could apply
I have not seen any regulation saying that you need to wait for 3 months to apply for EEA FM.

You can apply straight away as long as you gather enough supporting documents. For me it takes a couple of months to gather these documents (bank statement, bills...)
Hi Viety,

Many Thanks for your response.

When reading through the PDF document published by HO which is given as a guide to the case worker on how to assess the application every example scenario suggests "three months after entering the UK" See page 12 on below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v5_0.pdf

Also, speaking to the UKBA helpline they suggested that we advice to apply after three months of entering the UK but I know people who have applied after few weeks of arriving the UK and they have got the residence card. #CONFUSED

What is enough supporting docs? One month UK bank statement of my parent's enough? with Name on Tenency, Electrol roll and Mobile phone bill?

Thanks once again

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Knock Knock!! can anyone help?