ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting times in Canberra for Spouse visa to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markhoward
Newly Registered

Waiting times in Canberra for Spouse visa to UK

Post by markhoward » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:44 am

Hello and good day.

Can anyone help with regard to current waiting times in Canberra for a spouse visa to the uk? Their web site says up to 12 weeks. I think and hope our application is straight forward and may take less time. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks, Mark.

markhoward
Newly Registered

Post by markhoward » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:45 am

Just to answer my own question above.

In our case, we have just heard by email that the wife spousal visa application for an australian coming to england has been approved - it took 7 weeks from posting it to canberra to hearing its been approved and they said another 2 days for the passport etc to appear in the post.

Many thanks for all the helpful information we have received from answers to postings of our own questions and others on this board.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try and answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks again to all the kind people out there.

Very best wishes, Mark and Meghan.

craig_m67
Newly Registered

could be even quicker

Post by craig_m67 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:54 am

I moved my family from Canberra to the UK 18 months ago, i'm a dual national. We had to obtain a spouse visa and dependant visa for our child.

It took 48 hours.

I'm dreading how long it's going to take to renew the visas (and the process?) here in London at the 2yr mark (we're unmarried).