ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pizzahut
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Pizzahut » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
I would like to ask please, how did you check status of your application? I was also trying to check status of our application here: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
but did not recognise our reference number.
Thank you :)
Hi Enka2018..if You have case reference number Try with that number if not then Try with your case id number but if your case id start with "0" do not write "0". and write other digits or Letters.If you find any results share here please.

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:49 am

Hi

Can anyone share the contact number for Home Office for such EEA Family Permit applications?
This would be the number to call from inside the UK as my husband (the EEA national) would like to call from inside the UK to enquire on my application.

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:53 am

80 Working Days Are Gone. I have no idea what to do.
I did everything to contact them or help them if they need any more documents.
I contact them via phones numerous times. Escalated my case twice, wrote numerous emails,
Also wrote to local MP and Complaints section of UKVI, no luck.

I know they changed the deadline to 90 days from 60 days but will they be taking till last day? How can my case be that much complicated? And they say time take differs per case hence they have full right to take it beyond 90 days.

I am sitting here unemployed away from my partner stressing everyday. Anyone waiting longer than me?

Good Luck everyone

Sid

observer_haters
Poland

Post by observer_haters » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 pm

degtom wrote:Hi

Can anyone share the contact number for Home Office for such EEA Family Permit applications?
This would be the number to call from inside the UK as my husband (the EEA national) would like to call from inside the UK to enquire on my application.
Your husband can use only this number 0203 481 1736 (payable)

Osh_Ferns
Newly Registered

Post by Osh_Ferns » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:50 pm

sidkapure wrote:80 Working Days Are Gone. I have no idea what to do.
I did everything to contact them or help them if they need any more documents.
I contact them via phones numerous times. Escalated my case twice, wrote numerous emails,
Also wrote to local MP and Complaints section of UKVI, no luck.

I know they changed the deadline to 90 days from 60 days but will they be taking till last day? How can my case be that much complicated? And they say time take differs per case hence they have full right to take it beyond 90 days.

I am sitting here unemployed away from my partner stressing everyday. Anyone waiting longer than me?

Good Luck everyone

Sid
Hi Sid,

I have also applied on 7th April ( biometrics taken)
from Mumbai VFS.
Received "Not straight forward case" mail on
20th April.
My husband had called them on 6th of June that lady said she'll escalate the case but actually she didn't as we didn't receive any confirmation mail that the matter has been escslated. We called them again on 19th Jul to check the status so she asked my husband few questions related to the application and said if you don't hear anything in 15working days then callback again. She gave a ref no.

Really can't understand why they are taking
so much time. I'm fully stressed.

Modiiiii
Newly Registered

Post by Modiiiii » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi all

I want ask did anyone know how's time line for
Egypt, Cairo. I applied since April 2017 till now
I don't get anything now I'm 78 working days
So anyone know how long we should wait.

Thanks,

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Modiiiii wrote:Hi all

I want ask did anyone know how's time line for
Egypt, Cairo. I applied since April 2017 till now
I don't get anything now I'm 78 working days
So anyone know how long we should wait.

Thanks,
See link below
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits

It says 15 days so I think you should contact them and clarify that.

It's very frustrating as we are all waiting and processing times and other information they give us don't really mean anything.

Be patient guys, this is what I'm trying to be.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi sidkapure

Have you received any reply from local MP? He replied to me after I had contacted him for 2nd time. He wrote to me that he would write to the Home Office on my behalf and raise the issue of my husband's EEA Permit and it's delay. So let´s see what will happen. Now already 71 working days.

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi Enka,

MP said the same thing to me last week. Around same time we both are waiting. Good Luck and do let us know if you get any news.

Regards

Sid

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Thanx Sid for reply, really I am desperate and dont know what else to do... Will let you know about any knews.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:19 am

For those who are still waiting and clearly over their "threshold" for getting back.

Check your processing time here: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

If data is updated and your visa is way overdue give them a call.

If data is not updated but still way overdue, I'll give them a call the same anyway, especially if they usually process that in 15 days, very unlikely that it will straight jump to 60 or even 90 days.

Others who haven't met that deadline, I would advise you to wait patiently as the home officers haven't "breached" any agreement.

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 am

sidkapure wrote:Hi Enka,

MP said the same thing to me last week. Around same time we both are waiting. Good Luck and do let us know if you get any news.

Regards

Sid
Hi Sid and Enka,
just curious who is MP ?how to contact with MP and what to write to Mp about the application ?

Regards
M Tufail

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:44 am

Hi Tufail, Your address in UK will determine who is your MP. So check on google with your council name eg - Camden Council MP. And you will get all the details how to contact. Mostly Via Email.

So drop an email about your problem and all the details regarding your application including your address so they know you live in their area of control.

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards

Sid

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm

sidkapure wrote:Hi Tufail, Your address in UK will determine who is your MP. So check on google with your council name eg - Camden Council MP. And you will get all the details how to contact. Mostly Via Email.

So drop an email about your problem and all the details regarding your application including your address so they know you live in their area of control.

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards

Sid
Thanks sid

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 pm

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

U need to fill in complaint form that you can find here https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/making-com ... aint-forms and send to him on his email.

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 am

Enka2018 wrote:http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

U need to fill in complaint form that you can find here https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/making-com ... aint-forms and send to him on his email.
THANKS ENKA.

yuki719
Newly Registered

Post by yuki719 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:07 pm

I received a "not straightforward" email from Sheffield so I paid for the email enquiry to find out was going on. They sent me a reply that my application was decided. However, I did not receive any official email from the UK Visa or from Sheffield. Is this normal? The wait is stressing me out.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm

yuki719 wrote:I received a "not straightforward" email from Sheffield so I paid for the email enquiry to find out was going on. They sent me a reply that my application was decided. However, I did not receive any official email from the UK Visa or from Sheffield. Is this normal? The wait is stressing me out.
When did you receive the not straightforward email and when did you pay for the email inquiry?

I just called them and the phone service is rather useless. They won't tell you anything about your application but it's under assessment. You may have better chances trying when you Days are actually way over ther customer targets.

yuki719
Newly Registered

Post by yuki719 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:49 pm

“not straightforward email from Sheffield: July 24
Contacted the paid email enquiry: July 24.
Received a response from the email enquiry on July 25 that my application has been decided.

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:04 pm

yuki719 wrote:“not straightforward email from Sheffield: July 24
Received a response from the email enquiry on July 25 that my application has been decided.
hi yuki719,

could I ask what has your timeline been so far? How long from submission of biometrics did you then receive contact from Sheffield (docs received email and then the 'not straightforward' email)? And also, from which country are you applying from?

i understand now how stressful this can be, and i am wishing you all the best for a positive outcome from the newest email you just received. :)

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm

yuki

check status here https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
enter your GWF number

it takes 2-3 days to get passport to application centre so once they receive it they ll email u or give you a call.

Edwinlobo2907
Newly Registered

Post by Edwinlobo2907 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:27 pm

I applied for my Eea spouse visa ( non settlement )from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on June 6th and received a " not straight forward " email on 26th June.
This is the 5th week in waiting since the email.
I am in UK in Derby and Sheffield is soooo close by. ..but can't do anything! !!
I called the pay service last week and they really have no clue.
We got married in UK on April 27th. ..We went through an entire process which involved interviews and a Home office referral. ..Any body from Malaysia who have applied for EEA spouse visa? ??
Any guidance. ...Please? ??

yuki719
Newly Registered

Post by yuki719 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi Degtom,

Here is my timeline:

Applied in France. I was told and is written on the website, processing time is 15 days (95%).
Application Submitted/Biometrics: July 5
Application Received by UK Visa and Immigration: July 6
Received at Sheffield: July 23
“not straightforward email from Sheffield: July 24
Responsed: July 25. "Application has been decided."

Hi Enka2018,

Thanks for the link. I tried to put my reference number and doesn't work for me.

Fingers crossed!

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks for sharing yuki.
All the best for your outcome and hope you'll update again and perhaps, your story will give us all some hope too. :) Good luck!

Edwinlobo2907
Newly Registered

Post by Edwinlobo2907 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Dear Yuki
Please be advised that UKVI is treating the EEA spouse entry clearence visa as a settlement visa.
The customer times displayed on the website are absolutely non existent.
Presently applications are being decided in 12 weeks and yet there is no guarantee that a visa is given.
Please refer to Brother Faisal on this forum. ..they took him the entire stretch and refused his visa.