ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Step Closer To ILR- T1E Ext Approved

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Step Closer To ILR- T1E Ext Approved

Post by tier1in2014 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 pm

By the grace of god our T1e Ext has been approved after 5.5 months . BIg thanks to Zimba and all other members . Without this Board we would never achieved this . I did all my application myself with help of board no solicitors . Just read the guide as many as times before sending your application .Follow the guide for every step and you will not loose the race . Timeline follows as

Application Sent : 7/2/17
Application received by HO :8/2/17
Biometric Enrolment : 13/02/17
Exceptionally complex issues letter received:13/03/2017 (Dated 09/03/2017)
Online Status Updated: DECIDED - 17/07/2017
IHS Partial Refund Received: 18/07/2017
BRP Received :24-07-2017
Waiting for all other documents . Hopefully will come soon .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Step Closer To ILR- T1E Ext Approved

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Congratulations
Indeed a step closer and compliance is straightforward to create 24 months of employment

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:10 am

Zimba and Senior members, We are running two different companies one consultancy and another one is retail business . We have got the ext based on consultancy company . We are not doing any much growth in that consultancy company and would like to close it . Will it be safe now to close that business and continue with our retail bushiness which has very good growth and been in profit every year .
At the time of ext we did sent the some documents like company accounts ,bank statements ,and some trade invoices for reference only but did not claim any points of that business . I believe we can continue with that business and can fulfill 24 month job requirements for ILR .
Our initial T1E visa was granted in Feb 2014 so we will be able to apply for ILR in feb 2019 (28 days before ) as long as 24 month full time jobs has been created during the ext period . We already have 3 different full time employees are working for us . Do we need to inform home office regarding closing of one of our business ? . Thanks
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:47 am

tier1in2014 wrote:Zimba and Senior members, We are running two different companies one consultancy and another one is retail business . We have got the ext based on consultancy company . We are not doing any much growth in that consultancy company and would like to close it . Will it be safe now to close that business and continue with our retail bushiness which has very good growth and been in profit every year .
At the time of ext we did sent the some documents like company accounts ,bank statements ,and some trade invoices for reference only but did not claim any points of that business . I believe we can continue with that business and can fulfill 24 month job requirements for ILR .
Our initial T1E visa was granted in Feb 2014 so we will be able to apply for ILR in feb 2019 (28 days before ) as long as 24 month full time jobs has been created during the ext period . We already have 3 different full time employees are working for us . Do we need to inform home office regarding closing of one of our business ? . Thanks
There is no requirement for you to continuing an unsuccessful business. Make those decisions based on your business requirement, not immigration requirement.
No need to inform HO of the closing of the business
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mohsensari

Post by mohsensari » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:21 am

Hi, I am a bit confused,
Do we need 12 months 2 full time jobs or 24 months 2 full time jobs for ILR?

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 am

Congratulations on your approval, that is great news :D

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am

mohsensari wrote:Hi, I am a bit confused,
Do we need 12 months 2 full time jobs or 24 months 2 full time jobs for ILR?
12 months 2 FT jobs. 24 manmonths in total.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello guys,

I understand that for ILR application, we need to provide 2 full time jobs for 24 months.

Do we need to submit the financials statements for the years on extension?

Could you please advise?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm

ashontherun wrote:Hello guys,

I understand that for ILR application, we need to provide 2 full time jobs for 24 months.

Do we need to submit the financials statements for the years on extension?

Could you please advise?

Thanks

This is not an 'ask your questions thread' :!:
If you have your own questions please ask them in your own post on the correct sub-forum.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 pm

marcnath wrote:
tier1in2014 wrote:Zimba and Senior members, We are running two different companies one consultancy and another one is retail business . We have got the ext based on consultancy company . We are not doing any much growth in that consultancy company and would like to close it . Will it be safe now to close that business and continue with our retail bushiness which has very good growth and been in profit every year .
There is no requirement for you to continuing an unsuccessful business. Make those decisions based on your business requirement, not immigration requirement.
No need to inform HO of the closing of the business

Thanks for your reply . Will there be any issue with NQF level of business as our retail business might not be at level 4 . we had T1e based on psw with 50k route with condition of nqf levels .

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:42 pm

tier1in2014 wrote:

Thanks for your reply . Will there be any issue with NQF level of business as our retail business might not be at level 4 . we had T1e based on psw with 50k route with condition of nqf levels .
As far as I am aware, the RQF (not NQF) requirements only apply to the initial application, not to any extensions.

However, a shop manager would still qualify for RQF 4 anyway

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 pm

marcnath wrote:
tier1in2014 wrote:

As far as I am aware, the RQF (not NQF) requirements only apply to the initial application, not to any extensions.

However, a shop manager would still qualify for RQF 4 anyway
I think Level 4 or above must be maintained ,it will apply at ILR

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 am

Nqf level 4 requirement does not apply to your extension application it was only for your intial grant of leave, almost no one has come up with clear answer to this question so the mystery remains but I have consulted with one of the known solicitor firm who confirmed me that its is not required for your extension. Still I cant say it for sure, may be gurus can comment on this. Thanks

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Zimba and other Gurus Please if you can give us any more specific info for ILR level of the business . I will be still working as marketing director as i have been in both companies for all the time . Just we need to finish the consultancy due to very slow growth . Just like to play safe before we close that companies and we trust more on this board than any solicitors advice . Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:45 pm

There is no such requirement in the rules. This requirement seems to only show up in the guide applying to the initial switching
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Celina

Post by Celina » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Zimba ,

I am in exactly same situation as above (tier1in2014 ) , I however feel that no where in the guidelines its mentioned that nqlevel 4 amd above rules is only applicable in the initial application and not further ( please correct me if I am wrong ) . As this is our last stage its very important for us to know whats the right thing to do ( if its true I would also focus on my retail business and close the consultancy one as its not going very good at the moment ) .

I know you have commented on this but a bit more confirmation from your side, would help me take the right decision more confidently .

Regards
Celina .

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:50 pm

The only logic I understand that the home office wanted to ask you to show that you were doing NQF level 4 or above job before the initial application is because they were closing the HSMP route. And PSW holder only had one option to left with which was Tier -2 if u get a job and if a company wants to hire u they will sponsor u, now the question was what if a Student wants to do a business instead of a job after their studies and that's why they gave this option of £50k route but to avail that discount a PSW holder needed to show that he or she was engaged in a business which was related to their studies, because the whole reason of granting a PSW visa after your studies was to gain experience in the field you studied. That is why home office wanted to see whether u were doing a business related to ur studies. I might be wrong here but this are my thoughts on the issue.

Celina

Post by Celina » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:59 pm

HI Nish_patel7 , what you are saying makes 100 percent sense ( that this might be their thought for introducing nqlevel 4 and above rules initially )

But my query still remains the same that ( was it just for initial application or later as well till you get your ILR ) as no where in guideline it mentiones the time scale for it .

please if ZIMBA Or any senior members can shed some light on this it will be very helpful .

Regards
Celina .

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Celina wrote:HI Nish_patel7 , what you are saying makes 100 percent sense ( that this might be their thought for introducing nqlevel 4 and above rules initially )

But my query still remains the same that ( was it just for initial application or later as well till you get your ILR ) as no where in guideline it mentiones the time scale for it .

please if ZIMBA Or any senior members can shed some light on this it will be very helpful .

Regards
Celina .
I am not sure what you are looking for.

Both I and Zimba responded that there is no such requirement in anything other than the initial grant.

The way the PBS scheme works is simple - there are points that you acquire. There are attributes you need to qualify for with very clearly specified evidential documents.

The CWs can't deviate from the rules which is why the rejections happen on small mistakes. The reverse is also true - if you have met the requirements as per the rules, the CW can't arbitrarily make decisions based on criteria that are not in the rules.

Celina

Post by Celina » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm

hi marcnath,

Thank you for your reply ,

my only concern is , where does it says in the guidance that " Nq level 4 and above rules is only for the initial application and not later " . ( with 50000 investment) .

kind regards

celina

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Start your own topic rather than tagging your questions here :!: