ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Discrepancy between T2 Sponsorship and actuality

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmm26
Newly Registered

Salary Discrepancy between T2 Sponsorship and actuality

Post by kmm26 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Hello Guys

I am coming up to my IRL application. It's Due in the coming months.

I have a quick query...

I was employed by a Pvt Ltd company before where my last T2 permit was applied and approved through.

The owner of the company had upped my salary expecting my ILR application in my sponsorship but then failed to actually apply it.

He had actually promised me a few pay increase and never pulled through, although all previous sponsorships were abided by.

Finally under pressure; I resigned and moved another employer who upped my salary and are keeping to their sponsorship requirements.

Now when I submit my employment history to the BA, it will be very clear my ex-employer had quoted "x" on salary but was paying me under "x". The difference is massive and the quoted salary "x" is in line with the industry average for my experience. He was just down right exploiting me with promises of a salary increment every couple of months.

I should point, I was already on the job hunt when my renewed permit came through and a couple of months later I switched after serving my agreed notice period.

How bad is my situation going to be... I am extremely worried my ilr will be rejected because of the shortfalls of my ex-employer.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Salary Discrepancy between T2 Sponsorship and actuality

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:27 am

If it looks fishy and it smells fishy, then it's fishy.

1. I don't believe this story, I'm sure neither will UKVI

2. If it is true, why would the employer do it?

3. and how do such dodgy companies get sponsorship licences?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kmm26
Newly Registered

Post by kmm26 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 am

Hey Wanderer

It is fishy and I can't deny it.

But things were fine for 4 years before. It was only when he knew I was coming to my 4th annual permit renewal he started going funny about things. He basically wanted me to put in more work than I was already doing to increase my wage.

Don't get me wrong, that is understandable, but my wage was already under the rough average of 9k below for some one with my experience. so after empty promises and waiting to see what he done with the new visa, I left the company to work for a famous high street company and my new sponsorship has been fulfilled as promised at a comparable salary.

My last renewal of permit was around December. The one prior to that was around October which I have issues with.

Regards

kmm26
Newly Registered

Post by kmm26 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:05 am

Wanderer wrote:If it looks fishy and it smells fishy, then it's fishy.

1. I don't believe this story, I'm sure neither will UKVI

2. If it is true, why would the employer do it?

3. and how do such dodgy companies get sponsorship licences?
Ps - I actually have proof that I was already on the job hunt when my oct renewal was underway.