ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for child born in Hyderabad, India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svadala
Newly Registered

British passport for child born in Hyderabad, India

Post by svadala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:44 am

Hi

I am naturalized British Citizen.
I had second baby boy born in this Feb 2017 at Hyderabad India. Now I am back in UK as I needed to work.
My wife has ILR and our elder child has British passport as well.

Now i need to apply British passport for my second child from Hyderabad India

1. Can you please let me know what is the procedure?
2. What is the application form used?
3. Do they keep my using British passport while applying? if so to avoid that what is that I can do?
4. What are all the supporting documents that are needed?
5. And by what age child has to apply for British passport? is there any time limit since his birth date?

Please help on this regard

thanks
svadala

Indguru90

Re: British passport for child born in Hyderabad, India

Post by Indguru90 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm

svadala wrote:Hi

I am naturalized British Citizen.
I had second baby boy born in this Feb 2017 at Hyderabad India. Now I am back in UK as I needed to work.
My wife has ILR and our elder child has British passport as well.

Now i need to apply British passport for my second child from Hyderabad India

1. Can you please let me know what is the procedure?
2. What is the application form used?
3. Do they keep my using British passport while applying? if so to avoid that what is that I can do?
4. What are all the supporting documents that are needed?
5. And by what age child has to apply for British passport? is there any time limit since his birth date?

Please help on this regard

thanks
svadala
Hi svadala

In response to your questions:

1. Just to be clear - you live in the UK but your child lives in Hyderabad and you wish to make the application from there? In that case, you can make a standard overseas application for a first British passport, valid for 5 years (for under-16s). First, check the requirements here: https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/ove ... hild/india

2. Print off and complete the application form on that website (or have your spouse do this - she doesn't have to have British citizenship to apply on behalf of the child).

3. Find a counter-signatory who has known you/your spouse for 2 years and can confirm that you/your spouse have parental responsibility for the child applicant. Assemble the docs listed under 4. below. Book an appointment at the UK Visa Application Centre in Hyderabad by email. Prepare colour photocopies of all documents listed above. You/your spouse should then attend the appointment at the UK Visa Application Centre, Srida Anushka Pride in Hyderabad. Take the colour photocopies and originals to the appointment. The originals will be returned to you - so you will not have to send your passport (or any other valuable document) to the UK.

4. You/your spouse will need to bring the following documentation to your appointment at the UK Visas post in Hyderabad (overseas passport applications are hideously paperwork-heavy! see full guidance at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _10.16.pdf):

- 2 passport photos
- 3 pieces of identification (name and address/residence), one of which must have a photo, e.g. birth records, parent's identity cards/passports, mother's antenatal records PLUS a photo of the parents with the child
- child's birth certificate naming both parents (translated if not in English)
- your passport and naturalisation certificate
- your spouse's passport and birth certificate

As set out above, bring colour copies AND originals, the originals will be returned to you straight away.

5. Your child is a British citizen by descent and will remain so for life unless he renounces. He will not automatically lose his citizenship merely by not applying for a passport. In principle, he could apply for his first passport when he's 70.

If you will be in the UK at the time the application is made in Hyderabad (presumably by your wife), the accompanying adult will obviously not have your passport. As long as the adult provides our naturalisation certificate, that should be ok, with a note that you are currently in the UK and a colour photocopy of your passport.

Hope this helps, the application will take a few weeks to process, the passport will be delivered to Hyderabad. Good luck.