ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier2 ICT Dependant to PBS Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johny_raj
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier2 ICT Dependant to PBS Dependant

Post by johny_raj » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi All,

I also have the same question

The online portal application asks for cos length for my wife - how do you find out whether it is less than 3 years or more than 3 years. I got ILR using Tier 2 ICT on the five year route (and have multiple CoS for each extension under Tier 2 ICT before I got ILR last week). So should I consider only the last CoS or should i consider all CoS together (which would ultimately mean more than 3 years)?

It would be great if someone can give me some guidance. Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier2 ICT Dependant to PBS Dependant

Post by iworker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:30 pm

ict dependent is the pbs dependent.
If you have ilr and need to extend leave for dependents for them to make up 5 years, then just apply for pbs extension and apply for 3 years, as that is how long the leave is granted for.

smita4488
Newly Registered

Post by smita4488 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi johny_raj,

Would you mind telling me how did you get ILR on Tier 2 ICT route, if I'm not wrong then if your ICT was stamped on or before April 2011 then only your are eligible to do so. And if you got ILR using Tier 2 ICT route, is it possible to do so.

Regards,
SMita4488

johny_raj
Newly Registered

Post by johny_raj » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 pm

@iworker
I probably wasn't clear enough in my earlier post. What I meant was, when applying to extend my spouse's dependant visa (continuing as PBS dependant) the portal first asks if I am under ILR (the person the dependant will join/continue to be with) and then it asks for my CoS duration i.e. in the application the question is - "What is the length of johny_raj's CoS?" with the options "3 years or less" and "more than 3 years". So I am not sure what to give as the answer as I have had multiple CoS -one for each extension under Tier 2 ICT before I got ILR last week. So should I consider only the last CoS or should i consider all CoS together (which would ultimately mean more than 3 years)?

@smita4488
I got my ICT before April 2010. So I was eligible for ILR.

johny_raj
Newly Registered

Post by johny_raj » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi all - can anyone guide me on query above? I am not sure what duration I should mention for the duration of my CoS in my wife's PBS application, as I no longer need a CoS or if i should consider my previous CoS - I am not sure if it means that the duration of only the last CoS or all my CoS combined.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:11 pm

just use cos less than 3 years and apply.
she is gonna get a 3 years extension, doesnt matter how much more time she needs to make up 5 years.