ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card application - Passport expiry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confusedandsad
inactive

Residence Card application - Passport expiry

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi everyone,

My Passport expires in December 2018

Can I still apply for a 5 year residence permit given my passport is not valid for the whole 5 year term of the Residence Permit? Or should I first extend my passport beyond the proposed 5-year term then apply for Residence permit.

I have been advised that it is ok to apply for the residence permit and if I then extend my passport, I will just have to travel with both passports given the vignette will be in my previous passport.

Is this correct? Or is it a requirement of the application that the expiry date of the passport extends beyond the proposed Residence permit term before applying?

confusedandsad
inactive

Re: Residence Card application - Passport expiry

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:55 pm

EEA family permit is for 6 months.

If I tell the UK border I am intending to apply for Residence Card is there a chance they may knock me back?

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/be ... for-the-uk

"You must have a valid passport to enter the UK. It must be valid for the whole of your stay."

ribena

Post by ribena » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:39 pm

confusedandsad wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been advised that it is ok to apply for the residence permit and if I then extend my passport, I will just have to travel with both passports given the vignette will be in my previous passport.
?
Yes.

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 pm

yes? as in yes, that is correct?

ribena

Post by ribena » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:46 pm

confusedandsad wrote:yes? as in yes, that is correct?
Yes you can travel with your new passport when this current one expires and with vignette in your (would be) expired passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm

How many more times do the moderators have to ask for you to keep your questions in a single topic and not keep starting new ones??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.