ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR ( FP ) Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam550
United Kingdom

FLR ( FP ) Visa Extension

Post by sam550 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi Guys as your probably aware that my Visa is running out in the middle of next month, I am planning to apply at window as I travel away for work so dont want to take a risk and stuck my passport with HO for months.
I am aware that I need to fill FLR FP Visa extension form but what documents do I need to provide with that ?
Visa Form
My Passport - British passport of my wife and my son
3 Months wage slip ( My, My wife )
Letter from Work stating I work for there company my per annum wage etc etc
Joint bank statement
Saving account statement of my wife
House mortgage papers
Few bills on my and my wife's name
Daughter's birth certificate
Credit card statements
Council tax letter

Is there anything else I am missing ?
also as I am going on window to apply for extension, is anybody aware what questions they are going to ask me ??

Thanks in Advance

sam550
United Kingdom

Re: FLR ( FP ) Visa Extension

Post by sam550 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I guess no one has any experience of applying FLR FP Extension :).

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:28 pm

You are unlikely to be asked any questions as there isn't an interview. It all depends on the validity of the documents submitted which are checked by the Case Worker.

Note the following:
If you are married or in a civil partnership, six items of correspondence addressed to you and
your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your
last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a
maximum of two years. See Note 10.
If you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage/civil partnership certificate.
If you have been married or in a civil partnership before, document(s) showing that your
partner was free to marry you or to form a civil partnership with you (see Note 9). List the
documents you are providing below:
If you are an unmarried or same-sex partner, six items of correspondence addressed to you
and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since
your last grant of leave in this category, or for the past 2 years if this is your first period of
leave in this category. See Note 10.
One recent passport sized photograph of your partner with your partner’s full name written on
the back
Evidence to support your claim that you and your partner cannot live together outside of the
UK.
Evidence relating to your children as listed in Section 15.4

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04-17.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 am

Hi thanks for your reply mate I really appreciate for a very prompt response, this is my first extension so I wasn't aware that I had to keep all my letters since I was granted leave to remain, we have three Letters with joint names on them e.g. Council letter, joint bank statement and a letter from nursery where my son goes, plus I have attached all my credit card statements, personal saving statements, payslips, P60, letter from work, pension statements and work sharescheme letter.
My wife attached her saving statements, payslips utility bills and few HMRC letters dates back from 2015.
Do you think that'll be enough ?

Regards

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi guys just to let you know that I have actually applied by post.

Timeline
Documents Sent - 05/07/17
Payment taken - 07/07/17

Awaiting..........

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:32 pm

sam550 wrote:Hi thanks for your reply mate I really appreciate for a very prompt response, this is my first extension so I wasn't aware that I had to keep all my letters since I was granted leave to remain, we have three Letters with joint names on them e.g. Council letter, joint bank statement and a letter from nursery where my son goes, plus I have attached all my credit card statements, personal saving statements, payslips, P60, letter from work, pension statements and work sharescheme letter.
My wife attached her saving statements, payslips utility bills and few HMRC letters dates back from 2015.
Do you think that'll be enough ?

Regards
Hey Sam, should be okay. A family member extended on same day service under FLR FP and was granted with no issues with less paperwork than yours.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi

Still waiting to get my reference letter from Home office.
I just wanted to know so I have to and apply for another biometrics again ?? Or that won't be necassery anymore ??

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:17 pm

sam550 wrote:Hi

Still waiting to get my reference letter from Home office.
I just wanted to know so I have to and apply for another biometrics again ?? Or that won't be necassery anymore ??

Thanks
You will be sent a letter asking you provide new biometrics within 10 days of receipt. This is usually sent out as the first stage of processing, before the application has been fully assessed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi mate thanks for getting back to me.
I'm just getting bit worried as I haven't received my Home office acknowledgement letter neither biometrics invitation.
My work may ask for the reference letter soon but I have no evidence to show to them that I have applied a visa.

Thanks

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:45 pm

You should get a letter approx 3-4 weeks after you sent in the application. Has your fee been deducted?

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 am

bathanza wrote:You should get a letter approx 3-4 weeks after you sent in the application. Has your fee been deducted?
Yeh mate fees was deducted three days after they collected my application.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 am

sam550 wrote:Hi Guys as your probably aware that my Visa is running out in the middle of next month, I am planning to apply at window as I travel away for work so dont want to take a risk and stuck my passport with HO for months.
I am aware that I need to fill FLR FP Visa extension form but what documents do I need to provide with that ?
Visa Form
My Passport - British passport of my wife and my son
3 Months wage slip ( My, My wife )
Letter from Work stating I work for there company my per annum wage etc etc
Joint bank statement
Saving account statement of my wife
House mortgage papers
Few bills on my and my wife's name
Daughter's birth certificate
Credit card statements
Council tax letter

Is there anything else I am missing ?
also as I am going on window to apply for extension, is anybody aware what questions they are going to ask me ??

Thanks in Advance
Don't you need 6 months pay slips?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Don't you need 6 months pay slips?[/quote]

It's Flr FP discretionary leave you don't need 6 months payslip.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi guys just had my biometrics done, I also receive a letter with my biometrics saying " your application raises issues relating to the European convention on human rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standereds for deciding leave to remain applications please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible."

What does that mean ??

Timeline
Documents Sent - 05/07/17
Payment taken - 07/07/17
Biometrics letter received - 25/07/17
Biometrics done - 26/07/17

Awaiting..........

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm

It means that you probably need to be prepared for a long wait. FLR(FP) applications can take many months for a decision to be made.
(Casa, not CR001)

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Casa wrote:It means that you probably need to be prepared for a long wait. FLR(FP) applications can take many months for a decision to be made.

Oh wow really !! I booked holidays end of September so fingers crossed you know lol

Regards

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:37 am

I would say try to get a refund on that holiday while you can, Flr FP going to take a while but you could get lucky. Good luck

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 pm

JerrySteeler wrote:I would say try to get a refund on that holiday while you can, Flr FP going to take a while but you could get lucky. Good luck
I would agree too, but someone was lucky enough to post an online application with approval in 3 months in the forums. You have a valid visa so extensions should not be complicated but they are surely taking their sweet time. If you did book a holiday with visa extension coming up - same day service is available to have peace of mind if you have the money that is..

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:19 pm

Don't think you can do same day service on Flr fp cause they're considered complexed.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:37 pm

bathanza wrote:
JerrySteeler wrote:I would say try to get a refund on that holiday while you can, Flr FP going to take a while but you could get lucky. Good luck
I would agree too, but someone was lucky enough to post an online application with approval in 3 months in the forums. You have a valid visa so extensions should not be complicated but they are surely taking their sweet time. If you did book a holiday with visa extension coming up - same day service is available to have peace of mind if you have the money that is..
Cheers mate for your advice !! Actually a very good friend of mine applied visa by post and he had fewer documents than me and had been given a visa within 5 weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
And yes jerrysteeler you can apply FLR fp extension on window.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi

Really sorry to keep floggiong you guys with so many questions, I am bit worried now as I already sent my documents, I was been told and it also says on extension form that they need last 3 months financial documents it, never mentioned 6 months any where, well my concern is I have only sent them my and my Wife's 3 months pay slips and not 6 months pay slips or Bank statement, is that going to effect my application. ??

Thanks in advance

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi anyone with relevant information about previous post ??

Thanks

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi

Please help, as it's been well over 8 weeks now, can I contact my local MP and ask him to get in touch with UKBA regarding my case ???
As my work already started asking me questions about any update from UKBA also Mrs needs to travel to USA next month.

Ps: can I call them and ask for any update ??

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 pm

To be honest mate nothing can be done other than to just wait really, ukvi aren't really doing flr fp applications in specific time period. Average waiting time is like 9 months from what I've gathered

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi mate thanks for your reply !! Average waiting time is about 9 months even for an extension??
I should've gone through with the premium service, can't believe that!!