ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR 10 year route and dependent application query

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Dear Gurus,
I am looking to apply for ILR on the 10 year route. I am currently on Tier 2G visa and my wife is on Tier 2G dependent visa. Reading through previous threads, she has to apply for two 2.5yrs visa before qualifying for her ILR (due to my 10 year route application). Below are my queries

What form should i use for her application?

Does she need to satisfy english language requirement?

Do i have to show maintenance of funds for her application? if so how much?

thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 year route and dependent application query

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 am

What form should i use for her application?
FLR(M)
Does she need to satisfy english language requirement?
Yes, at A2 level. Secure IELTS Life Skills -at A2 level is accepted
Do i have to show maintenance of funds for her application? if so how much?
Income requirement is at least £18,600 per year
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:17 am

Many Thanks Zimba,

Regarding language requirement. My wife has a undergraduate engineering degree from India. Is there an option to get it qualified through NARIC to satisfy the language requirement?

If this is possible please could you advice requirements to attain NARIC cartification?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Many Thanks again Zimba,
Does she need to take Life in the Uk test for FLR(M) application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 pm

nithin.kriz wrote:Many Thanks again Zimba,
Does she need to take Life in the Uk test for FLR(M) application?
No, LIUK is only for ILR. English A2 i think is the requirement now not A1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:31 am

Many thanks CR001.

Please can someone help sanity check my 10 year ILR application qualification.

Below is my visa history
04-09-07 31-01-09 Student visa
26-03-09 31-01-10 Student visa (extension) - postal application before visa expiry
26-01-10 26-01-12 PSW - postal application before visa expiry
09-03-12 26-01-15 Tier 2 (employer 1) - postal application before visa expiry
04-02-15 08-02-18 Tier 2 (employer 1- extension) - postal application before visa expiry
18-08-15 08-02-18 Tier 2 (employer 2- current) - premium appointment

Question 1:
From the history above, is it correct that I have had continuous lawful residence without any breaks? Slight breaks in visa end date and visa start dates were processing duration as they were postal applications.

Question 2:
I arrived in the UK on 14th September 2007. I am looking to book premium appointment on 21st August 2017 in line with the 28 days early application. (this will be 25 days early). does this work out fine?

Question 3: Absences

no travel between 2007 to 2009
Feb-10 to Mar-10 (44 days)
Nov-10 to Mar-11 (121 days)
Aug-11 to Sep-11 (17 days)
Jun-12 to Jul-12 (22 days)
Aug-13 to Sep-13 ( 25 days)
Mar-14 to Mar-14 (23 days)
Aug-14 to Aug-14 (16 days)
Dec-15 to Jan-16 (28 days)
Dec-16 to Jan-17 (29 days)

total absence 325

Any absence >180 days continuously? NONE

From the above, i hope i have met the requirements for absences? The longest trips abroad have been the ones in 2010 -2011 which were two separate trips both not exceeding 180 days continuously.

Looking forward to helpful advice.

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:26 pm

All looks fine to me

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Many thanks Zimba for confirming.
Please be patient with me as im following up with a few more questions.

Apart from the Life in the UK test, Uk masters degree, Passports and Photos..

is there any requirement for other supporting documents? Letter from employer, payslips, Bank statements etc? I would rather keep it simple with documents that are required.

Do i need copies of travel tickets, copies of previous BRP's, visas etc?

Many thanks again in advance...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 pm

nithin.kriz wrote:is there any requirement for other supporting documents? Letter from employer, payslips, Bank statements etc? I would rather keep it simple with documents that are required.

Do i need copies of travel tickets, copies of previous BRP's, visas etc?
Not required. The form is very clear on what you must submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Many thanks Zimba and CR001 for helping with the queries. I have received my ILR and BRP delivered last week.I only provided just he required documents.

I am getting documents together for my wife FLR(M) application.

One final check, the validity of the BRP is until 2024 (7 years), would i have to renew the same in 2024 then? i always thought they were issued for 10 years?
I have indicated to my current employer that i have now switched immigration category from Tier 2 general to ILR (provided copy of new BRP) and wouldn't require any sponsorship going forwards. I there anything they need to do at their end?

Thanks

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) application help

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Dear gurus, and members
I recently received my ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence. This form has been a great help guiding me with my application and i'm back again to seek advice on my wife FLR(M) application. Would really appreciate your advice on the below queries.

Wife current visa status: PBS dependant Leave to remain expiring feb 2018

Regarding financial requirement, i am providing proof of income - payslips and letter from my employer.

She is currently unemployed, so we are looking to satisfy the requirement threshold solely through my full time employment.

QUESTION 1: Section 7.7: in the amount column- is it OK if i enter the salary amount credited to my bank account every month after tax?

QUESTION 2: Section 8 - English language requirement. She has a undergraduate engineering degree from india. We have received the UK NARIC academic qualification level statement 'Comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.
UK NARIC - English language proficiency statement - CEFR Level C1
8.4 Have you passed an acceptable English language test provided by a test provider approved
by the Home Office for this purpose?
- I have answered NO

This section does not have an option to mention the UK NARIC assessment - The only section i am able to select this option is in section 12- DOCUMENTS - page 61 of the application - Would selecting the options here alone suffice?

Question 3: This might be a silly one. As the required English language proficiency is A1/A2. The UK NARIC assessment provided is C1. Am i correct in thinking that level C1 is higher than A1/A2 and therefore satisfies the requirement.

looking forward to helpful advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm

nithin.kriz wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm
One final check, the validity of the BRP is until 2024 (7 years), would i have to renew the same in 2024 then? i always thought they were issued for 10 years?
I have indicated to my current employer that i have now switched immigration category from Tier 2 general to ILR (provided copy of new BRP) and wouldn't require any sponsorship going forwards. I there anything they need to do at their end?
1. 2024 is the deadline that the EU has stipulated that all biometric passports/BRPs etc need to be updated with new technology. You simply renew the card, like a drivers licence, when you get to that point if you are not applying for Citizenship.

2. No nothing else to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) application help

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:32 pm

nithin.kriz wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:00 pm
Regarding financial requirement, i am providing proof of income - payslips and letter from my employer. You need 6 months bank statments too that correspond to your payslips.

QUESTION 1: Section 7.7: in the amount column- is it OK if i enter the salary amount credited to my bank account every month after tax? 7.7 is not relevant to you as Section 7B Maintenance is not relevant if you are meeting the financial requirement. You only complete section 7A.

QUESTION 2: Section 8 - English language requirement. She has a undergraduate engineering degree from india. We have received the UK NARIC academic qualification level statement 'Comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.
UK NARIC - English language proficiency statement - CEFR Level C1
8.4 Have you passed an acceptable English language test provided by a test provider approved
by the Home Office for this purpose?
- I have answered NO
Should be fine yes.

This section does not have an option to mention the UK NARIC assessment - The only section i am able to select this option is in section 12- DOCUMENTS - page 61 of the application - Would selecting the options here alone suffice?
You tick question number 8.3 in the form.

Question 3: This might be a silly one. As the required English language proficiency is A1/A2. The UK NARIC assessment provided is C1. Am i correct in thinking that level C1 is higher than A1/A2 and therefore satisfies the requirement.
looking forward to helpful advice. Correct
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Many thanks for your advice. I was now looking to pay the IHS for the FLR(M) application. Once I completed her details on the online portal, there is an option to add information of the person she is joining in the UK. I tried entering my details here, but it asks for IHS ref (which I do not have as I am on ILR) and on the dropdown for selecting the visa category of the person she is joining in the UK, there is no ILR option to select.

When I move ahead without adding my details- the correct payment figure seems to appear £500. Please advice if I can proceed without entering my details.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes its fine. If you are applying FLR(M), your spouse is clearly not joining you as they are already in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:38 pm
Yes its fine. If you are applying FLR(M), your spouse is clearly not joining you as they are already in the UK.
Many thanks CR001.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Please be patient with me since i have more doubts.

We got married in India in August 2014, I had to return to UK after the wedding. It was only in November 2014 she arrived in the UK and we started living together in the UK. the gap was due to time for getting her tier 2 dependent visa.

6.21 Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage or civil partnership?
Not sure how to answer this..

I am the only earning member of the family, so wondering answering the below - Is it OK if i answer NO
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

Also regarding supporting documents, am i right in assuming that Only photocopies of my ILR-BRP, copies of old and new passport are required and not the Originals.

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:25 pm

We got married in India in August 2014, I had to return to UK after the wedding. It was only in November 2014 she arrived in the UK and we started living together in the UK. the gap was due to time for getting her tier 2 dependent visa.

I am the only earning member of the family, so wondering answering the below - Is it OK if i answer NO

Also regarding supporting documents, am i right in assuming that Only photocopies of my ILR-BRP, copies of old and new passport are required and not the Originals. found the bleow in guidance notes
If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s
valid or most recent passport, national identity card or travel document with your application. Every
page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be
certified; your sponsor must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it
is a complete and true copy of their current passport, national identity card or travel document.
Make sure passports or travel documents are signed.

Do i need to sign every page on the photocopies of my passport pages?

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 pm

sorry please advice for the below alone thanks

nithin.kriz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nithin.kriz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Sorry, bumping the topic again. Please help regarding answering the below
nithin.kriz wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 pm
sorry please advice for the below alone thanks